[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
More.......................
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
This is probably the very first look at the 2016 Pilot. Spied by a TOV member in So Cal.
The Tire Rack: Wheels and Tires Forum --> Re: New Michelin model anytime soon?
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord facelift in Russia
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: Chinese Vezel / HR-V gets better sheet metal!!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Driving Honda - The Book
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: calling out for some more tweaks to TLX
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: 2016 Acura Integra
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2 months until 2015 MMC?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CTR coming!!!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Inverview with Acura's Design Chief
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Where is the TL's replacement?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Any new info on CTR?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> From Sidney, Nebraska
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Acura TLX Reviews
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: My test-drive in 2.4 TLX Base
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: August sales forecast
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: 2013 Civic

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author
  Post New Thread
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2012 13:21
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Looks like Honda really stepped up.......As I posted before, the DX will be dropped, the LX will be the value leader with all the new Accord stuff, Back up camera in every model, bluetooth revised interior, new hood, head lights/grill and tail lights and some other mods, but the seats, dash and over all quality of the inside has gone from 3 to a 9 on the 1-10 scale..........Looks like Honda really stepped up this time and did it right.......
98EX4cyl
Profile for 98EX4cyl
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2012 13:41
HONDA AFVM wrote:
Looks like Honda really stepped up.......As I posted before, the DX will be dropped, the LX will be the value leader with all the new Accord stuff, Back up camera in every model, bluetooth revised interior, new hood, head lights/grill and tail lights and some other mods, but the seats, dash and over all quality of the inside has gone from 3 to a 9 on the 1-10 scale..........Looks like Honda really stepped up this time and did it right.......

Fantastic news. So if the interior went from a 3 to a 9 out 10. How would you grade the exterior?
OldManTSX2
Profile for OldManTSX2
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2012 14:14
Can't wait to see how it looks!
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2012 14:24
Apparently they exterior was lightly tweaked, but the interior was done over as you would have expected from the start. I would "assume" we will see far less surface differences in plastics. Educated guess :)
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2012 15:02
DCR wrote:
Apparently they exterior was lightly tweaked, but the interior was done over as you would have expected from the start. I would "assume" we will see far less surface differences in plastics. Educated guess :)

New hood.......tail lights and head lights/grill. The coupe has little or no chances out side, just inside.........
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2012 15:22
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Woah! I want some sources!
ciwai08
Profile for ciwai08
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2012 15:51
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Great news.....which leads to a few questions. Is this info from your source, or is it from your seeing pics with your own eyeballs? Is the hood and grille more in line with the accord? Was the dash a new form or just upgraded materials? Thanks again for the info.
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2012 17:30
ciwai08 wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Great news.....which leads to a few questions. Is this info from your source, or is it from your seeing pics with your own eyeballs? Is the hood and grille more in line with the accord? Was the dash a new form or just upgraded materials? Thanks again for the info.

No, it was from the 2013 Accord viewing .........
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2012 18:16
xAbSoLuTexZeRo wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Sources? You don't need no stinkin' sources. If Andrew says the interior is a 9, it's a 9!
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2012 18:45
superchg2 wrote:
xAbSoLuTexZeRo wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Sources? You don't need no stinkin' sources. If Andrew says the interior is a 9, it's a 9!

OK, that is enough......LOL!
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2012 19:40
superchg2 wrote:
xAbSoLuTexZeRo wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Well then, if thou speaks the truth, me predicts the 2012 owners' reactions:

xsr
Profile for xsr
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2012 19:58
funniest....cartoon....ever....

glad to see Honda stepping up to the plate with the Civic MMC and Accord FMC. I may now have to take a look at the Si sedan after the redesign :)

Hopefully the ILX was the last of the malaise and things from now on will be much improved.

FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2012 20:52
DCR wrote:

On the ASEAN version, the only real 'problem' was the plastics around the a/c vent, radio/navi, and rpm gauge (the engine 'problem' I would consider another matter).

The rest were pretty much okay. A bit of exterior change to make it look even better would be welcome also.
garoto628
Profile for garoto628
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2012 22:04
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Wow excellent news!

Any idea on how it compares to the 8th gen? Inside/Out?
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2012 23:27
I just saw this news:

"In the September issue, CR takes aim at the five models that "may be on a lot of buyers' shopping lists, but we suggest you steer clear." Reason: They didn't perform all that well in testing, or they have lousy reliability. Or both.

Here are CR's choices and a synopsis of the magazine's criticism:

Honda Civic. Honda "took too many shortcuts in the latest redesign." The subcompact has a choppy ride, noisy cabin, vague steering and mediocre interior. At least it's reliable."

http://www.wltx.com/news/onyourside/article/196838/325/Honda-Civic-And-Toyota-Prius-C-On-Consumer-Reports-Cars-To-Avoid

Just exactly what is really that wrong with the US version of that car to 'steer clear' of. If they didn't perform that well, that is hardly reason to 'steer clear'. IMO I would ask people to steer clear of something if it explodes randomly or light itself on fire or likes to tip over or what, but vague steering and mediocre interior (yeah are we forgetting the Corolla or is the US corolla actually better than mediocre there) is hardly reason to stay away for most people.

While I drove the ASEAN version and can only based on that, otherwise it is very similar with the 8th gen but with improvements in most areas and I could not find a reason to 'steer clear' of about the car, except a few pieces of plastic, and maybe engine choice, but that is hardly any reason to not buy the car.

If the "choppy ride" (which I did not experience) is due to the tires then simply change to another tires when they wear out. Or have Honda just change them on assembly lines.

Or others can help me understand a bit.
snocivic
Profile for snocivic
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-08-2012 23:55
So when is the reveal? Fall? I'll be in the market for a new vehicle soon.
A.W.E.S.O.M. - O
Profile for A.W.E.S.O.M. - O
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2012 02:43
http://www.freep.com/article/20120809/BUSINESS01/308090167/1014/business01?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+freep%2Fnayf+%28freep.com+%7C+Auto+news%29

'13 Civic will be "sportified" with some sheet metal changes.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2012 20:14
HONDA AFVM wrote:
DCR wrote:

New hood.......tail lights and head lights/grill. The coupe has little or no chances out side, just inside.........

Oh Oh... there's nothing wrong with that!
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2012 20:20
HONDA AFVM wrote:

If the Civic DX is dropped that makes room for the Fit and its variants.

A higher content Fit with a touch more power and a nicer interior would be quite nice.

Perhaps by introducing manufacturing into NA, AHM will introduce "standard" trim levels to the Fit?

As in Fit DX, LX, EX and -ahem!- Si? ;-)

Honestly, a Fit Si with 140bhp, MT6, IRS and all wheel disc brakes would be sooo tempting.
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-09-2012 23:31
TonyE wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

If the Civic DX is dropped that makes room for the Fit and its variants.

A higher content Fit with a touch more power and a nicer interior would be quite nice.

Perhaps by introducing manufacturing into NA, AHM will introduce "standard" trim levels to the Fit?

As in Fit DX, LX, EX and -ahem!- Si? ;-)

Honestly, a Fit Si with 140bhp, MT6, IRS and all wheel disc brakes would be sooo tempting.

You said it not me..........:-)
longhorn
Profile for longhorn
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2012 13:05
Hmmm.........new hood, headlights and bumper. What would the sedan look like with the coupe front end grafted on? The sedan would look more aggressive.
A.W.E.S.O.M. - O
Profile for A.W.E.S.O.M. - O
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2012 13:36
HONDA AFVM wrote:

I wonder if Honda would truly drop the DX.

As it stands, a current database search of AutoTrader shows only 40 DX cars - sedan & couple combined - for sale nationwide. ZERO of these are the cheaper manual transmission. Basically, Honda doesn't make a DX now.

So, they are using it to market that cheap price - even though they don't really exist. I wonder if that would want to do away with it completely because advertising that low price (although basically fictional) is so valuable in the marketplace.
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2012 14:39
A.W.E.S.O.M. - O wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

As it stands, a current database search of AutoTrader shows only 40 DX cars - sedan & couple combined - for sale nationwide. ZERO of these are the cheaper manual transmission. Basically, Honda doesn't make a DX now.

So, they are using it to market that cheap price - even though they don't really exist. I wonder if that would want to do away with it completely because advertising that low price (although basically fictional) is so valuable in the marketplace.

Dropping the DX Civic could be a sign the Honda wants to replace it with proper trim levels on the 3rd gen Fit. Perhaps with DX, LX, Sport, and EX trims. Hmm...no. Honda should get rid of the DX completely. I don't think anybody in the right mind buys a car without a radio and air conditioning. At my local dealer there is a 2009 Fit Sport for only $13,000. Still several thousand dollars cheaper than a DX, plus it comes with livable features.
Rgist85
Profile for Rgist85
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-10-2012 17:44
xAbSoLuTexZeRo wrote:
A.W.E.S.O.M. - O wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Dropping the DX Civic could be a sign the Honda wants to replace it with proper trim levels on the 3rd gen Fit. Perhaps with DX, LX, Sport, and EX trims. Hmm...no. Honda should get rid of the DX completely. I don't think anybody in the right mind buys a car without a radio and air conditioning. At my local dealer there is a 2009 Fit Sport for only $13,000. Still several thousand dollars cheaper than a DX, plus it comes with livable features.

According to Hondanews.com the Accord will have a new Engine/CVT launch in Anna, Ohio on August 16th and they'll have a full vehicle lunch on August 20th in Maryville, Ohio. Looks like its mostly for the media.

Accoridng to Hondapreview.com we'll see pics of the 2013 Civic later this month and sedan model changes are "substantial"
A77
Profile for A77
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-11-2012 13:08
Here's my question - if the Civic does now have a 9/10 interior where will that leave the ILX. Already threatened by the 2013 Accord in terms of value (it looks like the Accord interior is way nicer than the ILX), a posher Civic would also surely render it even more pointless. I really really hope I agree with your marking assessment Andrew, and prey it is something like the euro civic inside, but I just don't see it happening. It would leave with the ILX only having one reason to buy it - and that's the caché of the name brand. Which i don't really believe - given the number of Acuras I see round here rebadged into Hondas...(RSXs and TSXs).
Jacky
Profile for Jacky
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-13-2012 11:39
What are the color changes going to be for the 2013 model?
Tigerriot
Profile for Tigerriot
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2012 09:12
A77 wrote:
Here's my question - if the Civic does now have a 9/10 interior where will that leave the ILX. Already threatened by the 2013 Accord in terms of value (it looks like the Accord interior is way nicer than the ILX), a posher Civic would also surely render it even more pointless. I really really hope I agree with your marking assessment Andrew, and prey it is something like the euro civic inside, but I just don't see it happening. It would leave with the ILX only having one reason to buy it - and that's the caché of the name brand. Which i don't really believe - given the number of Acuras I see round here rebadged into Hondas...(RSXs and TSXs).

I can assure you the 2013 Accord interior is not going to be nicer than an ILX. The ILX interior is very nice.

While the Accord interior looks good from what we've seen, it still has those cheaper Honda elements to it, which will make it clear you're not sitting in an Acura.
Tastycakes
Profile for Tastycakes
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2012 13:11
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Lame, just got a 2012 Civic :(
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2012 13:30
xAbSoLuTexZeRo wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
xAbSoLuTexZeRo wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Well then, if thou speaks the truth, me predicts the 2012 owners' reactions:

Tastycakes wrote:

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2013 Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-14-2012 15:20
Tastycakes wrote:

Were you aware of the redesign that was on the way before you bought it? I am sure some people were, but everyone was playing down how much Honda would actually change to the point where it was probably assumed it wouldn't matter.

Thread Page - [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0