[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2016 NSX Spied at the Ring, Part II
More.......................
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
This is probably the very first look at the 2016 Pilot. Spied by a TOV member in So Cal.
Commentary: Why are kids and pets still dying in hot cars? It's 2014 already.
Honda submits design for a new sedan to EU office of design and trademarks
Photoshops --> Expansion on the beautiful Honda AC-X
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Civic HF review
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2015 Lexus NX
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Civic Tourer liked on long term test
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: NSX new info!!!
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: "Bronzing" plastic chrome?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Europe 2015 Engine Lineup
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: How much to ask for CPO '13 Accord
Join Discussion......
Fit (and Jazz) --> One week with the Fit
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Transmission type share per Market.
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Si Wheels and a spoiler
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX at Honda Indy Toronto
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> F1 - 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota improves Gasoline thermal efficiency to 38%
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: www.tlxthrill.com might not be real/accurate
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: What is the difference between Taffeta White and White Orchid Pearl ?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
rvittori
Profile for rvittori
What is the difference between Taffeta White and White Orchid Pearl ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2012 11:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I know that paint shades can be tricky to match, but is there that much difference between Honda whites? Is it just a marketing thing or is it impossible to match colors between factories and hence the need to have different whites? Just curious if anyone has some insight into this topic.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: What is the difference between Taffeta White and White Orchid Pearl ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2012 11:53
Taffeta White is a SOLID/FLAT, neutral temperature white with no clear-coat.
White Orchid Pearl is, of course, pearlescent, with a sort of rainbow effect suspended within the visible depth of the surface.
hth.
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: What is the difference between Taffeta White and White Orchid Pearl ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2012 10:03
Neal wrote:
with no clear-coat.

What? Are you sure?
garoto628
Profile for garoto628
Re: What is the difference between Taffeta White and White Orchid Pearl ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2012 17:51
rvittori wrote:
I know that paint shades can be tricky to match, but is there that much difference between Honda whites? Is it just a marketing thing or is it impossible to match colors between factories and hence the need to have different whites? Just curious if anyone has some insight into this topic.

A refrigerator vs a piece of jewelry.
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: What is the difference between Taffeta White and White Orchid Pearl ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2012 00:22
Neal wrote:
Taffeta White is a SOLID/FLAT, neutral temperature white with no clear-coat.
White Orchid Pearl is, of course, pearlescent, with a sort of rainbow effect suspended within the visible depth of the surface.
hth.

Neal.........Only YOU can make the difference between two white colors sound so delicious......LOL!
blackstripe77
Profile for blackstripe77
Re: What is the difference between Taffeta White and White Orchid Pearl ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2012 05:14
garoto628 wrote:
rvittori wrote:

A refrigerator vs a piece of jewelry.

+1

I actually prefer the warmer tones of Premium White Pearl versus the cool white of White Orchid Pearl. I haven't had a chance to really check out Orchid White up close but it seems that the pearl effect is a little less obvious from afar.

Strangely, Championship White, which is also a solid paint with no pearl, looks beautiful. Being limited to Type-Rs only also makes it more special, I guess. C'ship White > Grand Prix White (S2000) > Taffeta any day. In fact I haven't seen any new cars with Taffeta? Even the non-base-model Honda Fit shows up with Premium White available now.
BorisHonda
Profile for BorisHonda
Re: What is the difference between Taffeta White and White Orchid Pearl ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2012 08:47
Fantastic color if you buy your car and keep it parked in your living room.
Honda has so unimaginative colors that puke looks delighted compering to those.
Canadians for EX-L get a choice of 4 colors. All 4 are dull (including white) invisible on the road and PITA to maintain.
Turing gets red in addition. And they just love that pots & pans blue which V6 has.
Silver is not good enough for 'upper' class of Accord.
gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: What is the difference between Taffeta White and White Orchid Pearl ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2012 11:56
If you look very closely at Tafeta under the right light, it has a little sparkle to it. People have told me that white cars are good because they don't show dirt. Those people must not clean their cars like I do because I found white is almost as hard to keep clean as black.
blackstripe77
Profile for blackstripe77
White Honda's and Paint Maintenance    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2012 12:21
Yeah, I heard a lot about white "not showing dirt" until I got Premium White Pearl. It's partly true. If its only dust, it doesn't show anywhere near as much as on a darker color. However, when you clean the car, you notice all the tiny specs of dirt that wont come off, or the small stains from liquid on the roof... To be honest, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who notices it, but does anyone else with a white car have any tips on cleaning?
CB77
Profile for CB77
Re: What is the difference between Taffeta White and White Orchid Pearl ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2012 13:34
gofast182 wrote:
If you look very closely at Tafeta under the right light, it has a little sparkle to it. People have told me that white cars are good because they don't show dirt. Those people must not clean their cars like I do because I found white is almost as hard to keep clean as black.

I have a White Diamond Pearl Accord, and find that it does a pretty good job of hiding the fact that it is dirty, when it gets dirty. A lot of times when I wash it, I am struck by how good it looks after the wash. Only then do I realize that it was pretty dirty before the wash...but it was not really obvious how dirty it was, until seeing it clean again.

FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: What is the difference between Taffeta White and White Orchid Pearl ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2012 21:04
gofast182 wrote:

No, there is no sparkle, in any light, spotlight, sunlight, moonlight etc... I have Taffeta White. You must be thnking of another Honda pearl white?

Black is harder to clean, any light dust will show immediately as light color sand or whatever stick on the car. From far, the black car will look dusty already. White is a bit less noticeable, from far the car will still look white. But close up any sort of dirt, diesel soot etc will stick on it.

IMO, beige is the color will never noticeable when dirty, and when they show it is usually TOO dirty.. maybe that is why too many people choose that lol.
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: What is the difference between Taffeta White and White Orchid Pearl ?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2012 21:07
FiSH-Chan wrote:
Neal wrote:
with no clear-coat.

What? Are you sure?

BTW anyone can confirm this? I was told there is a clear coat on mine before, since any modern car has clear coat...

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy