[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
More.......................
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
This is probably the very first look at the 2016 Pilot. Spied by a TOV member in So Cal.
TLX --> Re: My test-drive in 2.4 TLX Base
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Hows the public responding to TLX in the US?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 rumors
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CTR coming!!!
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Video Road Test of TLX 4 Cyl.
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: calling out for some more tweaks to TLX
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Slow or slowest or normal?
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: 2016 Acura Integra
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2 months until 2015 MMC?
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Video of TLX SH-AWD V6 Acceleration
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: New Honda XR-V for China
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Driving Honda - The Book
Join Discussion......
The Tire Rack: Wheels and Tires Forum --> Re: New Michelin model anytime soon?
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: Chinese Vezel / HR-V gets better sheet metal!!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> F1 - 2014 Italian Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Honda Color Choices

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
CB77
Profile for CB77
Honda Color Choices    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2012 10:52
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

Readers of some of my past posts here will know how much I like to bitch about American Honda hiring too many people who previously worked for a domestic maker (Detroit re-treads as I like to call them). My concern has been that instead of getting a positive “cross pollination” effect from this, we are just seeing the basic Honda values we have all liked so much, being watered down.

However, in the matter of Honda’s color choices, I think we would do well with much more Detroit influence. Almost without exception, all the current Detroit offerings have great color choices…while Honda lumbers on with heavy emphasis on uninspired whites, silvers, blacks and several shades of grey (no offense to the book)…and the sad thing is, they keep these same colors for years. Those years in which they finally stumble on a good color, you can bet that it will not be in the next year’s lineup.

I know makers resist sheet metal changes because of the re-tooling costs…but how much can it cost to put a different color of paint in the robot paint sprayer each year? I think Honda would be amazed at the increase in sales that would occur with better color selections…for almost zero additional investment.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Honda Color Choices    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2012 11:05
I agree 100%. I've never seen such a dour, uninspired color palette. Can it be a sign of the times?

Perhaps we should grateful then for "Tiger Eye Pearl" being a real stretch. And I honestly expected more for colors this time around being coupled with "Earth Dreams."
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: Honda Color Choices    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2012 11:14
I like Polished Metal Metallic and Sunburst Orange Pearl, both look good, especially on the Civic Si.
CB77
Profile for CB77
Re: Honda Color Choices    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2012 13:27

Neal,

You may be right about a sign of the times...although Honda has had this problem for several years running. Another thing I meant to mention, was that when they do get a good color, it is often offered only on the lower trim levels...not the EX, etc.

I recall a few years ago when they offered a color called "Raisin" on the Accord (it was prettier than it sounds...sort of a dark chocolate brown metallic, with a hint of red or purple in it). I very much wanted that color on my company car that year, but it was only offered on the LX, and I was not willing to give up the EX features to get this color.

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: Honda Color Choices    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2012 17:14
Neal wrote:
I agree 100%. I've never seen such a dour, uninspired color palette. Can it be a sign of the times?

Perhaps we should grateful then for "Tiger Eye Pearl" being a real stretch. And I honestly expected more for colors this time around being coupled with "Earth Dreams."

I think the Accord Sport should have a true RED, what a nice looking car it would be.
according2kev
Profile for according2kev
Re: Honda Color Choices    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2012 17:43
xAbSoLuTexZeRo wrote:
I like Polished Metal Metallic and Sunburst Orange Pearl, both look good, especially on the Civic Si.

Never thought I would like an orange car but seeing the 8G Civic Si in that color really changed my mind.

A couple of weeks ago I ran across this Accord video. Although I think its a bad setting on the camera (or I'm going color blind), it makes this Accord look orange at times. That said, I think the Accord Sport could possibly pull off orange.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw9SSQA_ll8
according2kev
Profile for according2kev
Re: Honda Color Choices    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2012 17:53
HONDA AFVM wrote:
Neal wrote:

I think the Accord Sport should have a true RED, what a nice looking car it would be.

I agree. I've always liked the red used on the 2000 Accord SE Sedan... I think it was called Firepepper red or something similar. I would also like to see Black Currant Pearl return.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0