[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
More.......................
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
This is probably the very first look at the 2016 Pilot. Spied by a TOV member in So Cal.
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 rumors
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Valid reason for an ILX Type-S 2.0t/SH-AWD
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Honda to modify 12,000 redesigned Fits sold in US
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: Where are the sport hybrids???
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: My test-drive in 2.4 TLX Base
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> F1 - 2014 Belgian Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Has anyone actually signed up for a new TLX yet?
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Driven 6cylinder Advanced.
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: CR-Z Supercharger released.
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Ford Fusion loses manual option
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Competition heating up
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord Sport vs. Civic Hybrid.....thoughts...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> What Honda is looking for
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Pilot Spy Shots
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: CR-Z Supercharger
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Honda Develops New Lightweight and Compact Hybrid System Named "SPORT HYBRID I-DCD" > > Re: New NSX to have 7 speed DCT?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

Kyofu
Profile for Kyofu
New NSX to have 7 speed DCT? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2012 12:52
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Doesn't this basically mean the new NSX won't have a manual transmission? Or will they try to adapt these systems for a manual transmission? Or will we just have "paddle shifters"? :|
Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: New NSX to have 7 speed DCT? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2012 14:25
Kyofu wrote:
Doesn't this basically mean the new NSX won't have a manual transmission? Or will they try to adapt these systems for a manual transmission? Or will we just have "paddle shifters"? :|

Considering that most supercars (ie. GTR, Lambo's, Ferrari's) are ditching MT, I won't be surprised that the next NSX also won't have MT....
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: New NSX to have 7 speed DCT? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2012 20:06
Hondarulez wrote:
Kyofu wrote:

Considering that most supercars (ie. GTR, Lambo's, Ferrari's) are ditching MT, I won't be surprised that the next NSX also won't have MT....

I suspect Honda to be brave and 100% Honda and offer us a 6 sp Manual just to help the NSX stand out and look more enthusiastic among the crowd. Of course the 7sp DCT will be the fastest, and possibly the funnest to some, but IMO the 6sp will be the best. Then again, all those electric motors my not allow for 6sp manual.. :/
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: New NSX to have 7 speed DCT? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2012 00:03
Hondatalover wrote:
I suspect Honda to be brave and 100% Honda and offer us a 6 sp Manual just to help the NSX stand out and look more enthusiastic among the crowd. Of course the 7sp DCT will be the fastest, and possibly the funnest to some, but IMO the 6sp will be the best. Then again, all those electric motors my not allow for 6sp manual.. :/

Non-hybrid version with PAWS maybe? Is that possible with mid engine?
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: New NSX to have 7 speed DCT? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2012 00:25
FiSH-Chan wrote:

That is supposed to say "Non-hybrid version with PAWS & manual maybe? "
Stien Azani
Profile for Stien Azani
Re: New NSX to have 7 speed DCT? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2012 01:14
Hondatalover wrote:
Hondarulez wrote:
Kyofu wrote:

nahh...6MT?... so 90s... if they still want the MT.. go for 7MT.. IIRC last time there were spyshot for the BMW M5 with 7MT
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: New NSX to have 7 speed DCT? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2012 02:04
I don't see how they can offer a non-hybrid NSX, because it will be getting a lot of it's accelerative ability from the electric motors. Unless they drop a V8 in it or something? :)
Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: New NSX to have 7 speed DCT? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2012 11:47
Stien Azani wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:
Hondarulez wrote:
Kyofu wrote:

nahh...6MT?... so 90s... if they still want the MT.. go for 7MT.. IIRC last time there were spyshot for the BMW M5 with 7MT

I think Porsche already has a 7MT model in production....
Chocs
Profile for Chocs
Re: New NSX to have 7 speed DCT? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2012 12:15
If they had to ditch the e-motors to install a MT, it probably wouldn't be under the NSX name.. Being a performance hybrid is now its perk whether you like it or not.

Most likely in a Beat replacement... NA engine, PAWS, MR, MT or CVT..
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: New NSX to have 7 speed DCT? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2012 18:11
Stien Azani wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:
Hondarulez wrote:
Kyofu wrote:

Yes.. 90's. BUT!

..... the NSX is supposed to have two independent rear electric motors and one slapped up to/ into the transmission/ engine drive shaft right?? Well who said the two rear motors couldn't move the NSX to 70mph in 3.2-3.4 seconds with out the V6 OR 6spd? Maybe the motors are beefed up Fisker Karma motors and feed into separate CVT's (that are like Accords) to adjust for 0-60 to 100+ MPH while still being able to all that eSH-AWD (sh-SH-AWD) is supposed to do?? After 60 or 70mph or 40 whatever the V6 comes in and you can shift from there, the CVTs in the back automatically adjust to RPM:power:gear to make for the best handling and stability. Thats just my thought. 7spds sound good till you have to shift then ALL and pay the price for the extra cog and weight.

Who knows.. I'm just 16 so I shouldn't even be on these forums. :P

BTW, it sounds like the engine in the MDX, RLX and TLX will be the 3.5L DI ED VTEC V6's. 310HP 265lb-ft. Not much gain (other than MPG's) with DI over the current 3.7L 305HP 270-275-ishlb-ft. But then again, thats .2L's less, 5HP more, and roughly only 5 to 10 lb-ft less depending on application. Plus like I said, all that fuel economy. But what it sounds like to me, since the base RLX will have 310/265, and the 'elite' SH-AWD RLX will have 370 and -?- lb-ft, that Acura/ Honda is reliing on the electric motors to make 60more Hp and heaps of torque more (combined). Which is smart, saves money spent on engines o make more power and to be efficient, and doesn't add too too much weight, but some people, me, may think its a lazy way of doing things. I mean, the same thing in your door that dies after 6-8 years of lifting 5-8 lbs of glass will be moving 2-4K lbs more on demand, constantly. .. I'm sure technologies has came a longg way but its still iffy. I mean, I know elevators rely on that but they move much slower.

Just a slight Rant. Sorry.
towncaptain
Profile for towncaptain
Re: New NSX to have 7 speed DCT? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2012 17:25
I think they should at least offer a manual with the NSX. Toyoda just announced this week that a Supra will be coming...officially!! Saw it in Fastlanedaily's channel. I wonder if that would be offered with a manual.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: New NSX to have 7 speed DCT? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-18-2012 11:22
FiSH-Chan wrote:
FiSH-Chan wrote:

That is supposed to say "Non-hybrid version with PAWS & manual maybe? "

The original was meant to have active 4WS, but it came in too heavy & got deleted.

2nd time lucky?

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy