[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
New footage of the NSX testing on the Nordschleife
More.......................
2016 ILX and 2015 HR-V to debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
New Acura and Honda Products Fuel Surge in September Automobile Sales
2015 CR-V goes on sale tomorrow. Full details released.
All-new Honda Civic Type R: unrivalled against the brand's iconic performance flagship models
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
Today's Reading Links --> Re: The Amazing "2WD" Honda CR-V
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: HONDA CR-V AWD Fail!
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: What is the Swedish word for "lame"?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Is All New Legend an RLX?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: More TLX reviews, Edmunds (V6), Motortrend (I4)
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Ancient Nav System
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Black Copper Pearl
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 30.10.2014 ?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: V8 Supercars Bathurst 1000
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Standard Wheels On 4 Cyl. Tech
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Big Year for HondaUK in 2015! Euro CR-V
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Want Was Your First Honda You owned?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Honda, in wake of 5th Fit recall, appoints first quality czar; Ito takes 20% pay cut
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: This dude raced his '14 CR-V on a track.
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Ford's Q3 pretax operating profit falls 54% to $1.18B
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 2013 Honda Civic to Debut at Los Angeles Auto Show With More Youthful and Premium Styling > > Re: no projector headlights?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

JP
Profile for JP
no projector headlights? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 18:38
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: no projector headlights? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 18:45
This is what is throwing me off also...especially as to what the spy shot of the black one was.
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: no projector headlights? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 18:54
Either that was an export model, or the HIDs are on a higher level trim.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: no projector headlights? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 18:54
xAbSoLuTexZeRo wrote:
This is what is throwing me off also...especially as to what the spy shot of the black one was.

I was informed yesterday that the spy shots were of some export market version.
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: no projector headlights? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 19:26
CarPhreakD wrote:
Either that was an export model, or the HIDs are on a higher level trim.

I was thinking that maybe they are only on Touring trims (A new trim for the Civic) and would come on the Si. Guess not. But for crying out loud, the Focus gets them!! Though the Focus also gets a hatch too. >:( Honda could have gotten closer class lead if they offered them. Guess the interior is going to make up for that and the same power train.

Waldo
Profile for Waldo
Re: no projector headlights? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 19:37
Maybe they're saving them for the real MMC. This is a new change category for Honda, officially called the OOPSMC.

xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: no projector headlights? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 21:52
Waldo wrote:
Maybe they're saving them for the real MMC. This is a new change category for Honda, officially called the OOPSMC.

Hahahahahaha LOL! xD

In reply to Jeff's post, it's kind of a disappointment, but at least they cleared out the front turn signals (just like the 8th gen MMC).

The black one being the export version makes sense, the side was covered up with tape, which would most likely be the turn signal repeaters. The new addition to the taillights must also double as rear fog lights for the export version.

So that must mean they still get the old wheels, and the US version gets the new wheels for EX/EX-L models. The LX will probably get the same alloys as 2012, just like the Accord. I'm getting sick of riding the bus to school, so I've decided to move my car purchase up to next summer, and the 2013 Civic LX is at the top of my list.
Ultima
Profile for Ultima
Re: no projector headlights? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 23:06
Though Im not in the market for a Civic, not having projectors would be a huge deal to me if I was. I had to retrofit TSX projectors unto my RSX, big difference in looks and use.
Ultima
Profile for Ultima
Re: no projector headlights? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 23:12
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/rsxwhite1.jpg/][/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]
Dukeroget
Profile for Dukeroget
Re: no projector headlights? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2012 12:02
My RSX is closing in on 250,000 miles. I was really hoping for a successor with HIDs, but I'm not going to pay for an ILX.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0