[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
More.......................
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
This is probably the very first look at the 2016 Pilot. Spied by a TOV member in So Cal.
Commentary: Why are kids and pets still dying in hot cars? It's 2014 already.
TLX --> Re: Acura TLX Reviews
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 12 reasons why I prefer Manuals
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Dealing with phone companies.
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: ILX MMC spied
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Acura #2 Least Appealing Luxury Brand
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX reviews?
Join Discussion......
Classifieds: Buy & Sell --> Re: 2006 Civic SI NAV No Mods All Original
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX Production - TOV tweet
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Honda F1 engine progress - drivers
Join Discussion......
Fit (and Jazz) --> Re: One week with the Fit
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Porsche 918 tested in the USA.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: S660
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 2014 EX upgrade from 2003 EX-L Navi
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: 2014 Accord EX speakers
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX spotted in Bel Air, Maryalnd
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Honda Develops New Lightweight and Compact Hybrid System Named "SPORT HYBRID I-DCD" > > Re: Predictions or which Hondas/Acuras get what?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

Brutus
Profile for Brutus
Predictions or which Hondas/Acuras get what? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 16:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
This is what I guess we will see coming and/or replacing the current Hybrid systems in existing vehicles.
One-motor SPORT HYBRID Intelligent Dual Clutch Drive:
Honda Civic, Fit, CR-Z
Acura ILX

Two-motor SPORT HYBRID Intelligent Multi Mode Drive / Plug-in:
Honda Accord
Acura TLX (future TL/TSX clone)

Three-motor SPORT HYBRID SH-AWDŪ (SPORT HYBRID Super Handling - All Wheel Drive):
Acura NSX, RLX, MDX

Some thoughts:
1. Will we see any other crossover/minivan other then MDX have some form of a Hybrid? Could Honda be first to come to market with Hybrid Odyssey, bold and smart if so. They really need to offer a Honda Crossover with Hybrid.

2. I expect the 3 motor awd system to trickle down first to TLX, the only reason I think it does not go straight there is to really differentiate the RLX, and get the excitement uniqueness of that car.

3. Why do we have to name stuff with Sport and Hybrid, isn't that an oxymoron?

4. Assuming Honda Accord is the first to get the new systems, are we looking at Acura doing 2014 RLX, MDX, TLX, ILX with them...and Honda doing 2014 Accord, Civic, CR-Z.

B.
MuGen7Modulo
Profile for MuGen7Modulo
Re: Predictions or which Hondas/Acuras get what? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 16:27
"Two-motor SPORT HYBRID Intelligent Multi Mode Drive / Plug-in:
Honda Accord
Acura TLX"

My hope is the '14 I-MMD Hybrid Accord to be V6.
King77
Profile for King77
Re: Predictions or which Hondas/Acuras get what? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 17:46
Your predictions are right, I guess. But I think Honda must solve hybrid drive also for family cars. Itīs clead SH SH-AWD will be Acura-only, so I expect i-MMD for Odyssey and Pilot as well, although it seems to me a bit underpowered for them. And the biggest problem is CR-V. Here in Europe full of stinky diesels could CR-V Hybrid make sense, mostly because of here is 2.4 petrol missing and 2.0 is a bit underpowered for CR-V. It will be nice to have i-MMD also for CR-V, because I am afraid i-DCD with 1.5 will be weak for such car.

1/ I noticed it before

2/ I am afraid SH SH-AWD will be RLX, NSX and MDX only. My tip is mechanical SH-AWD for TLX and i-MMD for hybrid version.

3/ We can clearly see on CR-Z that it is not an oxymoron, it works well, it only lacks power and it is only a "trifle". When we add more power, it cold be really sporty. What about NSX? I am pleased Honda tries to give its hybrid "sporty appeal" which is compatible with Hondaīs (former) DNA. Itīs another good step. And I am sure also basic i-DCD with DCT will be sporty and acceptable dynamic.

4/I hope CR-Z will survive to get some promising performance in the future. Questin is why it happens. I think curent ILX Hybrid is a bad joke and it needs new system asap and it will be nice to see it also in CR-Z, but itīs clear it will come in next generation.
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: Predictions or which Hondas/Acuras get what? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 17:48
Fit Hybrid
NSX, RLX, MDX, TLX
Accord Hybrid
Civic after its real MMC
ILX MMC
Garlick
Profile for Garlick
Re: Predictions or which Hondas/Acuras get what? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 18:02
King77 wrote:
Your predictions are right, I guess. But I think Honda must solve hybrid drive also for family cars. Itīs clead SH SH-AWD will be Acura-only, so I expect i-MMD for Odyssey and Pilot as well, although it seems to me a bit underpowered for them. And the biggest problem is CR-V. Here in Europe full of stinky diesels could CR-V Hybrid make sense, mostly because of here is 2.4 petrol missing and 2.0 is a bit underpowered for CR-V. It will be nice to have i-MMD also for CR-V, because I am afraid i-DCD with 1.5 will be weak for such car.

1/ I noticed it before

2/ I am afraid SH SH-AWD will be RLX, NSX and MDX only. My tip is mechanical SH-AWD for TLX and i-MMD for hybrid version.

3/ We can clearly see on CR-Z that it is not an oxymoron, it works well, it only lacks power and it is only a "trifle". When we add more power, it cold be really sporty. What about NSX? I am pleased Honda tries to give its hybrid "sporty appeal" which is compatible with Hondaīs (former) DNA. Itīs another good step. And I am sure also basic i-DCD with DCT will be sporty and acceptable dynamic.

4/I hope CR-Z will survive to get some promising performance in the future. Questin is why it happens. I think curent ILX Hybrid is a bad joke and it needs new system asap and it will be nice to see it also in CR-Z, but itīs clear it will come in next generation.

They never mentioned the motor size, or power in the i-MMD's, and in fact stayed away from saying 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder in the description.

I would imagine, that they might have 2 variations here, hence why they never mention motor size, and that would make it good for both the Accord & the bigger vehicles in the Odyssey & Pilot. This would make sense, as they could attach this to a 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder set up, to allow for improving fuel economy to meet CAFE standards that are going to be going up pretty high over the next few years.
rocky
Profile for rocky
Re: Predictions or which Hondas/Acuras get what? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-19-2012 19:28
Predict Mexico Factory will produce Fit, Fit Hybrid (2wd/FWD) and compact SUV using the hybrid technology driving the rear wheels.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy