[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda HR-V Compact SUV to Join All-New 2015 Fit as Honda Expands Small Car Lineup
More.......................
Some thoughts, photos, and notes on the 2015 Acura TLX from the NYIAS show floor
2015 Acura TLX Unveiled at the 2014 New York International Auto Show
Video: TOV member catches a TLX prototype on dashcam!
All New 2015 Honda Fit Designed to Top the Subcompact Class
Honda set to show interesting new Concept at Beijing International Automotive Exhibition
'HR-V' name confirmed for upcoming Fit-based 'urban sport utility'
American Honda Announces Sales Results for March 2014
General Talk --> Re: If there was a TLX Wagon
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Acura Style Magazine - Out of touch?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Honda FY14 production / JP sales
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: Acura NSX....How it's going to be sold in the US
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 9th Generation Honda Accord Reviews
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: USA Today article about Acura
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2014 Chinese Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Place your bets-TLX. Fit, HR-V sales
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Acura NDX vs Lexus NX
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda set for a rocky road ahead in Europe
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2016 RDX Upgrade Predictions
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: TLX delayed till late summer.. Instead of May
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: BTCC at Donington Park
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: 2015 MDX
Join Discussion......
HondaMobilia --> Re: Tenshodo RA273 Engine
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 2013 Honda Civic to Debut at Los Angeles Auto Show With More Youthful and Premium Styling > > Re: WELL?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 12:31
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I think the car looks great, less frump and MUCH more style. I think the changes to the interior will be MUCH to the satisfaction of all of you and the up tick in technology. As far as drive train updates??? I really haven't heard anything from my source, but they have been very tight lipped about it.....

My guess would be no, but Jeff said "Stay Tuned" so that might mean something. My source tells me that there is STILL part and production road blocks from last years Floods and Tsunami....and that set Honda back because some of their suppliers were TOTALLY wiped out....
SKYSpy70
Profile for SKYSpy70
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 12:38
What happened to the projector headlights from the spy pictures? Seem to be the only missing details on these Honda Pics...

SS...
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 12:49
SKYSpy70 wrote:
What happened to the projector headlights from the spy pictures? Seem to be the only missing details on these Honda Pics...

SS...

That was an export (not US) model according to Jeff.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 12:51
HONDA AFVM wrote:
I think the car looks great, less frump and MUCH more style. I think the changes to the interior will be MUCH to the satisfaction of all of you and the up tick in technology. As far as drive train updates??? I really haven't heard anything from my source, but they have been very tight lipped about it.....

My guess would be no, but Jeff said "Stay Tuned" so that might mean something. My source tells me that there is STILL part and production road blocks from last years Floods and Tsunami....and that set Honda back because some of their suppliers were TOTALLY wiped out....

Are you sitting down, Andrew?

I actually like it. They like chrome a bit too much, but overall, I think it is a vast improvement. I will no longer have to look 3-4 times as a Civic is coming toward me to see if it is a 2011 or 2012 sedan, that is for sure.
CarGuyLee
Profile for CarGuyLee
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 13:30
I think it looks great also! Hopefully I will feel the same from other angels. It really helped the overall appearance, the wheels look great too. Can't wait to see the interior.
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 14:13
DCR wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

I actually like it. They like chrome a bit too much, but overall, I think it is a vast improvement. I will no longer have to look 3-4 times as a Civic is coming toward me to see if it is a 2011 or 2012 sedan, that is for sure.

The car I saw in Aug lights were taped, but that is most of what I saw and I had a short time to see it so I used my time for the inside......I love the back and front, it now looks better then the Hyundai AND the Cruze and classier then the Focus.
dominik331
Profile for dominik331
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 14:22
DCR wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:

Well that's change we can believe in! :)
TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 14:57
It's better, but the front concerns me a bit...there is a lot going on in a small amount of space between the grille/lights/bumper.

I could have done without the slim piece of plastic detailing jutting out from the bumper, dividing the grille from the headlights...

The back is ok, better than reflectors slapped on, but not as clean as that illustration we saw going around...

The wheels are very 'Domo Arigato Mr.Roboto', I guess that's the trend, not my cup of tea...

The a-pillar is still a cheap nightmare, but wasn't expecting a change there...

Overall, better than 'meh', but not by much...I look forward to the news Jeff told us to 'stay tuned' for...sounds promising!
Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 15:08
The engine update, if any, i'm guessing is a new hybrid.
TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 15:43
Small change but I think the front looks less fussy in my quick photochop below:

Bence
Profile for Bence
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 15:58
According to Honda it is an EX-L Navi.

There are amber/red position lights in the lamps, and they are used mainly in the NADM...
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 16:22
Not bad!
Nocturnal State
Profile for Nocturnal State
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 18:08
SKYSpy70 wrote:

SS...

those may be upper top trim level as Si OR export for rest of world, the ILX has standard projectors i think it may be strange to offer proctectors on civic as well
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 18:59
HONDA AFVM wrote:

There are more details to come, obviously but don't expect any significant powertrain updates on this car for '13. The focus is on the interior and exterior upgrades, and some suspension tweaks.
Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 21:13
What about the ILX now?
I guess selling them will be even harder now.

Maybe it will at least get the DCT hybrid system.
A77
Profile for A77
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 22:45
The top of the dash is totally different from the current model. In the 12 the top of the upper tier slopes more gently outward much more till it meets the airbag cover. In this photo it stops more abruptly near the center of the dash. Assuming this is based on an actual photo and not a Photoshop.
sugaki
Profile for sugaki
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2012 13:38
This MMC is a much-needed improvement. In fact, the exterior is one of the best Civic to come from Honda imo. Between this and the Accord, Honda might be coming back into its own element. If the Si only had a K20 though...

That tail light is too derivative of the BMW 7 Series.

A77 wrote:
The top of the dash is totally different from the current model. In the 12 the top of the upper tier slopes more gently outward much more till it meets the airbag cover. In this photo it stops more abruptly near the center of the dash. Assuming this is based on an actual photo and not a Photoshop.

I've been looking at a wide variety of pics, and the 2013 looks like it has the same shaped dash as the 12. Impossible to really know though. I hope they redo the whole dash. It wasn't just the materials, it was all the disparate shapes that made it ugly.
A77
Profile for A77
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2012 15:33
I've been comparing the photo to a civic in our showroom - and the top of dash architecture is definitely different. Be interesting to see how improved it is.
NickDC5
Profile for NickDC5
Re: WELL? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2012 16:47
HONDA AFVM wrote:

I REALLY like it. I'd bet the Civic Si is going to have a looooong waiting list.

Maybe by the time the list has slimmed down, it'll be on my list since I think I'm starting to get over my horsepower envy.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy