[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2015 CR-V goes on sale tomorrow. Full details released.
More.......................
All-new Honda Civic Type R: unrivalled against the brand's iconic performance flagship models
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
TLX --> Re: We went with the Accord CVT Touring
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: Update on the HR-V
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Picked up my GLM V6 Tech!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 rumors
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Heading to a CR-V Preview tomorrow. What do you want to see?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: INDYCAR--Pagenaud defects! What is HPD's future?
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2016 ILX MMC spied with little camo
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Kurdish Mad Max war vehicles
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Honda F1 Leadership?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Honda F1 Leadership?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: latest CTR details
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2015 Euro CR-V Good News!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Big Year for HondaUK in 2015! Euro CR-V
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: How many are on social media ?
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: Any chance for manual ilx with tlx direct injected 2.4?
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV Articles > TOV Video: CT Engineering ILX at the 2012 SEMA Show > > Re: Still no NAVI in the top of the line ILX

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Still no NAVI in the top of the line ILX [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-09-2012 17:53
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
And no ELS.

At some point, AHM will wake up, juggle the pricing of the ILX and ship a high output 220bhp 2.4/MT6/LSD with Tech Package (ELS and NAVI) for $34K.

Then they'll have a real contender.

Until then, that supercharger in the '13 Civic Si will be THE ticket.

WooHoo...
jero
Profile for jero
Re: Still no NAVI in the top of the line ILX [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-10-2012 22:07
um... a civic Si with navi is $24k.

What do I get again for another $10,000 or 40+% in price?

The ILX is just horribly overpriced IMO.
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Still no NAVI in the top of the line ILX [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-10-2012 23:05
jero wrote:

Well you get a nicer badge, a few more features and better styling.

But I also must point out that, The integra was the same thing.
And people loved it, I'm sure you do too. Its just a watered down, modern Integra, with out the name. Its here. Do what you can with it while you can.

If anything I think Acura left this car so untouched is to secretly leave it up to the boy-racer in us to fix with out ruining their new targeted audience image. However, in the instance of doing so, they made a overpriced for what you get car.
owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: Still no NAVI in the top of the line ILX [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-11-2012 00:50
Hondatalover wrote:
jero wrote:

And people loved it, I'm sure you do too. Its just a watered down, modern Integra, with out the name. Its here. Do what you can with it while you can.

If anything I think Acura left this car so untouched is to secretly leave it up to the boy-racer in us to fix with out ruining their new targeted audience image. However, in the instance of doing so, they made a overpriced for what you get car.

Actually, they didn't. The Integra had more power, more handling, and was better setup. It had things like bigger brakes, bigger anti-roll bars and was not a softie like the ILX. Oh yeah, and it actually had MORE power generation after generation (wheras this car debuts with LESS standard HP than the RSX did 11 years ago).
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Still no NAVI in the top of the line ILX [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-11-2012 10:42
owequitit wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:
jero wrote:

Actually, they didn't. The Integra had more power, more handling, and was better setup. It had things like bigger brakes, bigger anti-roll bars and was not a softie like the ILX. Oh yeah, and it actually had MORE power generation after generation (wheras this car debuts with LESS standard HP than the RSX did 11 years ago).

Did you not read where I said Honda/ Acura left this car so un touch is to let people who care fix it? Acura doesn't want a boy-racer image, but they leave this car so under powered for us to fix and to play with. Acura realizes the boy-racer auduance is still there and strong, but they also realize the people who buy BMW Lexus and Audi's dislike the idea of it.

So what if the Integra HAD more power from start, back then Acura gladly accepted part of Honda's boy racer image and little to none to lose form it. But things.. I mean.. Acura, has tried to changed the image it made for itself.

BTW, the base RSX only had a 10HP advantage and 1lb-ft more. That was in a Kseries. This is the Rseries, making it all at lower RPM's and more efficiently (I suppose).

Just remember a MMC will be soon (1.5 years from now??) and Acura will gladly address the ILX with EarthDreams.

The K24W1 makes 185HP and 181lb-ft in the Accord - Expect 210HP and 190lb-ft in the ILX (Acura always gets a bump).

The R18/R20 in the base Civic/ ILX will most likely get the same treatment, making 160HP and 156lb-ft in the Civic and 170HP and 168lb-ft in the ILX.

The hybrids.. well. I don't have any idea yet, but I hope they invest in some more powerful electric motors and add DI as well.

Just my 2cents.
owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: Still no NAVI in the top of the line ILX [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-11-2012 14:43
Hondatalover wrote:
owequitit wrote:
Hondatalover wrote:
jero wrote:

Did you not read where I said Honda/ Acura left this car so un touch is to let people who care fix it? Acura doesn't want a boy-racer image, but they leave this car so under powered for us to fix and to play with. Acura realizes the boy-racer auduance is still there and strong, but they also realize the people who buy BMW Lexus and Audi's dislike the idea of it.

So what if the Integra HAD more power from start, back then Acura gladly accepted part of Honda's boy racer image and little to none to lose form it. But things.. I mean.. Acura, has tried to changed the image it made for itself.

BTW, the base RSX only had a 10HP advantage and 1lb-ft more. That was in a Kseries. This is the Rseries, making it all at lower RPM's and more efficiently (I suppose).

Just remember a MMC will be soon (1.5 years from now??) and Acura will gladly address the ILX with EarthDreams.

The K24W1 makes 185HP and 181lb-ft in the Accord - Expect 210HP and 190lb-ft in the ILX (Acura always gets a bump).

The R18/R20 in the base Civic/ ILX will most likely get the same treatment, making 160HP and 156lb-ft in the Civic and 170HP and 168lb-ft in the ILX.

The hybrids.. well. I don't have any idea yet, but I hope they invest in some more powerful electric motors and add DI as well.

Just my 2cents.

Nonsense. Acura didn't touch it because they didn't want to justify spending the money, and for no other reason.

Had they put the money into it now, and produced FACTORY higher performance trim levels, they wouldn't have ended up with a "boy racer" image which is just a bullshit copout anyway. The M3, S4, GSFsport, IS Fsport don't have "boy racer" images. What gives Acura any "boy racer" image they may have gotten is going to be kids buying this for $30K and then strapping $10K worth of bolt-ons on the car rather than just buying something faster to begin with. The NSX, the Type R and the GS-R don't have "boy racer" images unless they are modified by the aftermarket. Acura doesn't get to say "we didn't modify it, so we don't have a "boy racer" image. In fact, quite the opposite. With kids modifying them aftermarket, they are going to get that image anyway, and they would get it to begin with because it is a Honda product, which will be labeled "slow" and "boy racer" by domestic and Euro junkies no matter what Honda does. The quickest, easiest way for Honda to quell the "boy racer" stigma would be to build cars that keep up right off the showroom floor, but they don't want to.

Clearly, you guys claiming "boy racer" B.S. clearly have no clue how the marketplace and reception among enthusiasts actually works.

Besides, I guarantee Honda would rather have a "boy racer" image with the ILX right now than have 8 months of 2.0 5AT cars sitting on the lots losing money.

Either way, it is irrelevant. My entire response to your post was focused on the point that the Integra was a lot more compared to the Civic than the ILX is to the Civic.
Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: Still no NAVI in the top of the line ILX [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-12-2012 09:10
jero wrote:

You can get one for about $27k, the one with the 2.4 in it.
jero
Profile for jero
Re: Still no NAVI in the top of the line ILX [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2012 02:05

MSRP +dest is $30,100.

Are they already discounting it 10%?
Stevens24
Profile for Stevens24
Re: Still no NAVI in the top of the line ILX [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2012 14:10
jero wrote:

MSRP +dest is $30,100.

MSRP for the base 5AT including destination is 26,795. whether or not you want that car is up to you. Yes the 6MT with Premium is 30k.
jero
Profile for jero
Re: Still no NAVI in the top of the line ILX [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-17-2012 00:40
Yes, the cheapest 2.4 ILX is $30.1k

The Civic Si is $6,800 less at $23.3k

The rest...

The 2.0 ILX cloth (150hp) starts at $26.7k.
The 1.8 Civic EX cloth (140hp) starts at $21.4k

The 2.0 ILX leather is $30.1k
The 1.8 Civic EX-Leather is $22.9k

The 1.8 Civic EX-Leather and Navi tops out at $24.4k
The ILX with leather and Navi tops out at $32.3k

Civic Hybrid with Leather and Navi is $27.7k
ILX hybrid with Leather and Navi is $35.3k

The 2.4 ILX starts at $30.1k.
The 2.4 Civic Si starts at $23.4k

IMO, the ILX really can't command more than $3k across all trim levels and that may be generous. To think they expect to get +$8000 more in some cases is just plain foolish.
Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: Still no NAVI in the top of the line ILX [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-27-2012 12:17
jero wrote:

MSRP +dest is $30,100.

Yes. I could easily get a quote at that price when I posted it. It included dest.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0