[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
More.......................
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
This is probably the very first look at the 2016 Pilot. Spied by a TOV member in So Cal.
Accord --> Re: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 mileage. Thought I would share.
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Honda to modify 12,000 redesigned Fits sold in US
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: My test-drive in 2.4 TLX Base
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Driven 6cylinder Advanced.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Wife and I test drove a TLX 4cyl with Tech pkg.
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> CR-Z Supercharger
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord Sport vs. Civic Hybrid.....thoughts...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Valid reason for an ILX Type-S 2.0t/SH-AWD
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: N22B
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Pilot Spy Shots
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Civic Hybrid vs. Accord Sport - thoughts...
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Competition heating up
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX production
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Hell Wombat
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Dodge unveils 204 mph Charger Hellcat
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > TSX > > Re: Before/After photos of TSX Sportwagon with Mugen Suspension, 19" SSRs

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Before/After photos of TSX Sportwagon with Mugen Suspension, 19" SSRs    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2012 11:35
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I installed the suspension friday afternoon. It's not complicated at all but it does take a bit of work and having another person to help is definitely a must, particularly on the rear suspension.

Here's the before/after photos.

Last edited by JeffX on 05-06-2012 11:39
notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: Before/After photos of TSX Sportwagon with Mugen Suspension, 19" SSRs    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2012 12:01
Dropped it a little more than I thought it would. Hopefully because it is a used kit it won't settle any more than that.

Definitely looks better lowered. I also like the look of the larger wheels, but I actually think the stock wheel _style_ looks better. Can't remember the last time I thought that about Acura wheels. Maybe the 2005-2006 RSX-S wheels. Before that it was the 94-95 GS-R wheels.

SC
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Before/After photos of TSX Sportwagon with Mugen Suspension, 19" SSRs    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2012 12:09
notyper wrote:
Dropped it a little more than I thought it would. Hopefully because it is a used kit it won't settle any more than that.

Definitely looks better lowered. I also like the look of the larger wheels, but I actually think the stock wheel _style_ looks better. Can't remember the last time I thought that about Acura wheels. Maybe the 2005-2006 RSX-S wheels. Before that it was the 94-95 GS-R wheels.

SC

I'm actually thinking a set of 18s either from the TSX V6 or Accord Coupe V6 would look fantastic on this car. ZDX 19s or 18s from the RL would work visually too but they're the wrong bolt pattern and I bet those ZDX wheels are HEAVY.

Also, it's not going to settle any more than what you see there - the set I got has a couple thousand miles on it already.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Before/After photos of TSX Sportwagon with Mugen Suspension, 19" SSRs    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2012 12:15
Jeff wrote:
notyper wrote:

SC

I'm actually thinking a set of 18s either from the TSX V6 or Accord Coupe V6 would look fantastic on this car. ZDX 19s or 18s from the RL would work visually too but they're the wrong bolt pattern and I bet those ZDX wheels are HEAVY.

Also, it's not going to settle any more than what you see there - the set I got has a couple thousand miles on it already.

by the accord wheels, I meant the '10 model style - not the new 5-spokes.

also, these HFP wheels could work:

Mike Freitas
Profile for Mike Freitas
Re: Before/After photos of TSX Sportwagon with Mugen Suspension, 19" SSRs    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2012 12:17
Jeff wrote:
notyper wrote:

SC

Definitely looks good. Talking about heavy wheels, I changed out my OEM TL wheels when I first bought the car to OZ Ultraleggerra wheels and saved 9 lbs per wheel. Plus they look a hell of a lot better.
Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: Before/After photos of TSX Sportwagon with Mugen Suspension, 19" SSRs    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2012 12:43
Jeff wrote:

Just noticed they're on sale at College Hills Honda. $800 for the set.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda-accord-coupe-accessories/2008-2012-accord-wheels.htm
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Before/After photos of TSX Sportwagon with Mugen Suspension, 19" SSRs    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2012 12:54
Potenza wrote:
Jeff wrote:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda-accord-coupe-accessories/2008-2012-accord-wheels.htm

that's a good price if my other option doesn't work out, but finding a matching Acura center cap could be troublesome, and then there's the issue with the HFP logo emblazoned on the wheel.

Twiz
Profile for Twiz
Re: Before/After photos of TSX Sportwagon with Mugen Suspension, 19" SSRs    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2012 13:39
Jeff wrote:
Potenza wrote:
Jeff wrote:

that's a good price if my other option doesn't work out, but finding a matching Acura center cap could be troublesome, and then there's the issue with the HFP logo emblazoned on the wheel.

my co-worker just order the HFP from college hill, Positive experience over all. They look really nice in person.. He put them on his 08 honda accord v6 4dr.... We went to discount tires and had them mount on some Yokohma YK580... Those are amazing tires.. i have a friend that works there so the price was also amazing.!
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Before/After photos of TSX Sportwagon with Mugen Suspension, 19" SSRs    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2012 14:37
Jeff wrote:
Potenza wrote:
Jeff wrote:

I know the HFP sticker will peel off, but I can't recall any Acura wheel that was ever painted that Galaxy Gray-family color. There may be a center cap from an Acura accessory wheel that is gloss back with a chrome A. That's probably your only option. Or the G1 TSX center cap had a simple, de-bossed logo rather than chrome appliqué, in which case you could have the center caps painted to match.

Maybe the Mugen (conical) caps could work? But I think those may screw in...
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Before/After photos of TSX Sportwagon with Mugen Suspension, 19" SSRs    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2012 14:54
Neal wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Potenza wrote:
Jeff wrote:

I know the HFP sticker will peel off, but I can't recall any Acura wheel that was ever painted that Galaxy Gray-family color. There may be a center cap from an Acura accessory wheel that is gloss back with a chrome A. That's probably your only option. Or the G1 TSX center cap had a simple, de-bossed logo rather than chrome appliqué, in which case you could have the center caps painted to match.

Maybe the Mugen (conical) caps could work? But I think those may screw in...

It may be easier to just get some "H" badges for the rest of the car and switch it over to an "Accord Tourer"
A.W.E.S.O.M. - O
Profile for A.W.E.S.O.M. - O
Re: Before/After photos of TSX Sportwagon with Mugen Suspension, 19" SSRs    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2012 21:40
Nice ... I've always liked their accessory treatment & wheels too

BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: Before/After photos of TSX Sportwagon with Mugen Suspension, 19" SSRs    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2012 22:39
Sorry man..not diggin the wheels. They look very ugly in TSX, kinda ricy IMO.

This oth just looks perfect on TSX.