[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
More.......................
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
This is probably the very first look at the 2016 Pilot. Spied by a TOV member in So Cal.
TLX --> Re: Video Road Test of TLX 4 Cyl.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Toyota plots ‘society-changing’ fuel-cell car for the masses
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 rumors
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Hows the public responding to TLX in the US?
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: My test-drive in 2.4 TLX Base
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Christmas time already?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CTR coming!!!
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: calling out for some more tweaks to TLX
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Slow or slowest or normal?
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: 2016 Acura Integra
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2 months until 2015 MMC?
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Video of TLX SH-AWD V6 Acceleration
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: New Honda XR-V for China
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Driving Honda - The Book
Join Discussion......
The Tire Rack: Wheels and Tires Forum --> Re: New Michelin model anytime soon?
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Neal's Fantasy Factory Hatches an Acura ILX 5-Door "Tourer" > > Re: Awesome!

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

swmtam
Profile for swmtam
Awesome! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 09:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Absolutely love it! Wish that it became reality!
Brutus
Profile for Brutus
Re: Awesome! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 10:19
Sold. Anyone at Acura/Honda listening?...Yes I said sold, it harkens back to the day of the Integra 5 Door in the late 80's. I have always been a fan of the 5 door hatch, Europeans get them in spades us states people get maybe a sprinkling if anything, fortunately with the Mazda 6 that has shown up some years back seems to be a possible resurgence?

B.
A77
Profile for A77
Re: Awesome! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 11:17
Not my cup of tea. Not that there's much more that could be done with it - I just don't like the half-baked coke bottle thing going on over the back wheels. It can look OK - or at least has in the past on muscle cars, but somehow it doesn't here especially with the up-swept metal at the back of the rear door. I am not referencing Neal's 5 door - it's just as much the case with the sedan. It's like its trying to be stylish. And isn't.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Awesome! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 11:26
A77 wrote:
Not my cup of tea. Not that there's much more that could be done with it - I just don't like the half-baked coke bottle thing going on over the back wheels. It can look OK - or at least has in the past on muscle cars, but somehow it doesn't here especially with the up-swept metal at the back of the rear door. I am not referencing Neal's 5 door - it's just as much the case with the sedan. It's like its trying to be stylish. And isn't.

I can agree that it looks like shit on the sedan in production form, but I really like how it looks here. On this version, the character line runs up and disappears into the rear like it should.

I would like to see a Type-S style kit on it to suck it down to the ground more...I think it would look mean.

If this existed, I would actually walk on an Acura lot and check it out. The same will not happen for the ILX.
according2kev
Profile for according2kev
Re: Awesome! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 13:53
DCR wrote:
A77 wrote:

I can agree that it looks like shit on the sedan in production form, but I really like how it looks here. On this version, the character line runs up and disappears into the rear like it should.

Which character line are you referring to? I assumed you were talking about the "hump" line, but looking at them back to back they seem to flow the same way to me.

As in many cases I'm in the minority, but I think the trunk seam looks a little strange and I also find rear to be a bit too high. It could be the spoiler that's giving me that impression though. As always, the execution is flawless Neal. If I didn't know any better, I would think your cars are real. Keep up the good work!

integrator
Profile for integrator
Re: Awesome! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 13:54
I whole heartedly agree that this is an excellent proposal... one that could bring me back to Acura (as a 5dr notchback).

What I like: how it accentuates the rear in an almost DC2 like way. I also appreciate the larger wheels and the side mirror indicators, and think DCR's suggestion for a TypeS kit would go a long way to appeasing past Integra/RSX owners as long as the 2.4L or ED's were installed - without a CVT. Some gray-out headlight accenting around the projector beam bulbs would give a more purposeful appearance and nod to the TSX.

as a side note: did you adjust the door handles? they look better aligned than the ILX sedans - or is that just shading effect? Final point - LOVE IT. I'd buy this.
Inebriated Snake
Profile for Inebriated Snake
Re: Awesome! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 14:02
This liftback style is similarly done on the Opel Insignia and Mazda 6. It combines the look of a fastback 4door "coupe" with hatch utility and would be the perfect cross-over lifestyle product for Honda.

Just call it a compact sedan with class leading trunk.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Awesome! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 14:07
^Yep. I'd totally go for this as-is TODAY if available. The side by side really shows how subtle detailing takes Zero to Hero. No changes to doorhandles, btw; it must be an illusion.

Blacked out headlamps would related to the TL update and I completely forgot about the Gen1 (or 2?) Integra 5-door. So thanks for the reminder on that. Type-S flashback!
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: Awesome! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 19:15
Brutus wrote:
Sold. Anyone at Acura/Honda listening?...Yes I said sold, it harkens back to the day of the Integra 5 Door in the late 80's. I have always been a fan of the 5 door hatch, Europeans get them in spades us states people get maybe a sprinkling if anything, fortunately with the Mazda 6 that has shown up some years back seems to be a possible resurgence?

B.

Me too! I love the versatility of a 5-door hatch or wagon. It's so practical, yet it's feels like a sports sedan when driving.
dominik331
Profile for dominik331
Re: Awesome! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 20:24
I like it. Much more realistic than the yellow RSX concept of a few weeks ago.
Inebriated Snake
Profile for Inebriated Snake
Re: Awesome! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 21:24

Just to illustrate, if it wasn't for the rear wipers. No one would know they weren't regular sedans. You could have class leading space/efficiencies without the "weird shaped" hatchback stigma some ppl have.

If the Civic had the liftback form standard, it wouldn't take flack for its 12 cubic feet trunk since in reality you could fit items larger than say the Jetta or Cruze which are limited by their trunk openings and tiny rear seat pass-throughs. More space without embiggening or tossing out a good rear suspension.

integrator
Profile for integrator
Re: Awesome! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2012 17:12
according2kev wrote:
DCR wrote:

A77 wrote:

Thanks for adding the side-by-side. The more I look at the hatch in comparison to the sedan, the more I see a fluid aircraft look. The sedan just looks dull with oddly placed styling ques next to this Fantasy Design. Acura needs this kind of elegance and excitement so badly in their lineup...more than they'd ever admit, or their egos would allow them to.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Awesome! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2012 00:07
Starting to see shades of an Optima SX due to the aero-type wheels and roof arch...
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Awesome! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2012 13:02
Is that what it is? I am seeing something there, but I can't place it...which is good I think.
integrator
Profile for integrator
Re: Awesome! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2012 15:07
In application, I don't think we'd see Optima in this design. The ILX hatch has a much more dramatic rising belt line and shorter lid that, if you removed the spoiler, would immediately show it to have a 'big butt'... much higher and shorter than Kia's more top/bottom pinched Optima.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0