[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
New footage of the NSX testing on the Nordschleife
More.......................
2016 ILX and 2015 HR-V to debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
New Acura and Honda Products Fuel Surge in September Automobile Sales
2015 CR-V goes on sale tomorrow. Full details released.
All-new Honda Civic Type R: unrivalled against the brand's iconic performance flagship models
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Is All New Legend an RLX?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Want Was Your First Honda You owned?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: HONDA CR-V AWD Fail!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: The Amazing "2WD" Honda CR-V
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: What is the Swedish word for "lame"?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: More TLX reviews, Edmunds (V6), Motortrend (I4)
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Ancient Nav System
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Black Copper Pearl
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 30.10.2014 ?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: V8 Supercars Bathurst 1000
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Standard Wheels On 4 Cyl. Tech
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Big Year for HondaUK in 2015! Euro CR-V
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Honda, in wake of 5th Fit recall, appoints first quality czar; Ito takes 20% pay cut
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: This dude raced his '14 CR-V on a track.
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Ford's Q3 pretax operating profit falls 54% to $1.18B
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Optimizing Fuel Economy > > Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 2 [3] 4
Author
  Post New Thread
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Data    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-21-2012 22:05
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Potenza wrote:
Call_In wrote:
Potenza,
Yes, you will be filling this out constantly. I actually have an app for my android phone for Fuelly.com where I enter in pretty much the same data. Every couple of months I take that data and enter it into spritmonitor.

"Constantly"... what a scary word! haha. I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

That said, what if I would miss one fill-up? Would that ruin the whole thing?

Anyway I put my first data in, and I should be adding another within just a day or so. Guess I need to start keeping a pen and paper in the car. (There is nothing smart about my phone, so that won't work! haha)

Ha ha ... indeed !!!
But don't worry, nothing too bad happens if you miss one, just add it as a "bad one" and keep going from then on as before.

If you really want to do it properly you should:
- Keep attention to the fill-up type when entering your numbers (you can choose "full tank", "partial tank" and "bad one").
- Make your first entry a full-one, and understand you won't see any mpg readings until you get another full (but all your "partial tanks" in between will be properly calculated).
- Put a full-tank just after missing one, to get back on the good track asap (I mean after writing down a "bad tank" your next fill-up should be "full").
Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Data    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-24-2012 14:25
Okay I've reported my second fill-up now on Spritmonitor. Very happy with my summer mileage so far. Though technically it is not summer, the weather is warm/hot, and I think the gas stations may have switched back to the summer blend gas now.

My previous tank took me 346 miles, and now this last one was 380 miles. Interesting, as I've only seen 400 once, but I feel it's coming again very soon. Especially as I've just added a new air filter, have a new distributor cap and rotor on the way, as well as a couple of possible "modifications" to help economy as well.
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Data    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2012 02:39
What does the color of the fuel pump icons mean, does it change based on the number of fill ups logged?
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Data    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2012 08:21
Hondasrule wrote:
What does the color of the fuel pump icons mean, does it change based on the number of fill ups logged?

Yes, it's a way of showing you the "reliability" of anyone's data at a glance without needing to enter into details.

The icon keeps changing as you keep adding fill-ups. The stupid thing though is that it's not based on miles travelled but number of fill-ups, so for example alisperling's TL shows already greenish despite having less miles than CallIn or me (simply because his TL is drinking so much gasoline he has so many more fill-ups!!!). Then again, it's just a "glance info", not intended to be precise.

So if you see some figure with a white icon you know it's not going to be very precise, whereas if you see a blue icon you know that guy has logged enough miles for his/her reported FE to be reliable.
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Data    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2012 08:37
Potenza wrote:
Okay I've reported my second fill-up now on Spritmonitor. Very happy with my summer mileage so far. Though technically it is not summer, the weather is warm/hot, and I think the gas stations may have switched back to the summer blend gas now.

My previous tank took me 346 miles, and now this last one was 380 miles. Interesting, as I've only seen 400 once, but I feel it's coming again very soon. Especially as I've just added a new air filter, have a new distributor cap and rotor on the way, as well as a couple of possible "modifications" to help economy as well.

Just remember to let me know (post here) when you reach 3000 miles or so, 'cause I will not go checking your profile everyday to find out :) :) :)

And welcome to TOV's real world FE database Potenza !!!
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Speed-pass qualification challenge!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-02-2012 02:09
Hey Daniel, is it true that if one posts a trip computer reading of 70 mpg with a minimum trip distance of 10 miles, is possible to get posted in the database table after having logged a minimum of only 2000 miles with Spritmonitor?

I hope you don’t mind me asking, I just thought this might spice things up a little bit in a good way ;)

However, if you feel the 3000 mile requirement should be observed without exception I completely understand. I wouldn’t want anyone to be bothered by this, especially Potenza who’s patiently going through the qualifying process.

I thought this would be a desirable and appropriate prize that you would be able to extend - if you found the concept to be worth a try.

My apologies if this seems inappropriate, I mean it in good spirit. Please don't feel any pressure from my end.
Should you accept this challenge, my FE scores get posted in this thread.

...and, thanks for giving fuel efficiency a voice around here.
Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: Speed-pass qualification challenge!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-02-2012 21:24
Hondasrule wrote:
However, if you feel the 3000 mile requirement should be observed without exception I completely understand. I wouldn’t want anyone to be bothered by this, especially Potenza who’s patiently going through the qualifying process.
Don't worry about me, I'm not bothered. If anything I was more caught off guard by the mileage rule meaning 3000 miles logged on Spritmonitor. I originally had taken it to mean over 3000 miles on the car - thinking in terms of your brand new car versus my 22-year-old one - and that I could start immediately. It just surprised me, but I understand it now.

It's simply going to take a bit longer now that I've purchased a motorcycle. Either way, after today's 86mpg fill-up in that, everything else is going to look rather weak... haha.
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: Speed-pass qualification challenge!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-02-2012 23:46
Potenza wrote:Don't worry about me, I'm not bothered. If anything I was more caught off guard by the mileage rule meaning 3000 miles logged on Spritmonitor. I originally had taken it to mean over 3000 miles on the car - thinking in terms of your brand new car versus my 22-year-old one - and that I could start immediately. It just surprised me, but I understand it now.

It's simply going to take a bit longer now that I've purchased a motorcycle. Either way, after today's 86mpg fill-up in that, everything else is going to look rather weak... haha.
Thanks for posting Potenza. It’s not a big deal really; it’ll take only a couple of months for me. Excitement can be a bit challenging to contain sometimes that’s all.

Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Data    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2012 12:45
danielgr wrote:
Potenza wrote:

Just remember to let me know (post here) when you reach 3000 miles or so, 'cause I will not go checking your profile everyday to find out :) :) :)

And welcome to TOV's real world FE database Potenza !!!

Okay, looks like I've just passed 3000. No overly amazing tanks lately, but I guess I can't be too disappointed with the overall mileage so far. Looks like I'm the 3rd best 3G Prelude on the site, while no one else has the larger 2.1L or the not-helpful 4AT, while I have both...

Still, I think there's room to move up just a bit yet.
cforez
Profile for cforez
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - How to    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2012 13:41
Daniel- my Integra finally hit 3000 mi on spritmonitor, if you want to add another old school Honda to the database. :)
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - How to    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-01-2012 00:57
Daniel, yesterday I reached 3000 since I opened my account with Spritmonitor but it won’t show until my next fill up (5 days?). I’d like to get it over with but I don’t want to get in trouble with Call_in for filling up with less than 500 miles on this tank ;)

If you get a chance to edit the table and include Potenza and cforez, please don’t forget to check again in a few.
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-03-2012 02:38
Potenza, Cforez, and Hondasrule, there you go on the list.
It seems that:

1) We have a new "man to beat" (question is, can he keep this pace in the long run? or will he be a "sprinter"??? :P )
2) Competition is heating up in the middle of the table.

Glad you all abundantly outdo your respective US EPA ratings ;)
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-03-2012 11:08
danielgr wrote:
It seems that:

1) We have a new "man to beat" (question is, can he keep this pace in the long run? or will he be a "sprinter"??? :P )

OK, I want in on this, How do I get in. I have 35,000 miles of records on my phone (gas app) I can transfer to this sight. I am 43.34 MPG right now over 35,000 miles of winter, summer and snow tire driving......
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-03-2012 11:35
HONDA AFVM wrote:
danielgr wrote:
It seems that:

OK, I want in on this, How do I get in. I have 35,000 miles of records on my phone (gas app) I can transfer to this sight. I am 43.34 MPG right now over 35,000 miles of winter, summer and snow tire driving......

After you open your account in spritmonitor and register your car, there are two ways of transfering your stuff:
1) Copy them all manually (one by one, selecting whatever parameters you want such as winter tires, etc. none of them are mandatory)
2) If you have a way to export your "gas-app" data into a "csv" (comma separated values) file, do it, then use Excel or similar program to tailor it to SpritMonitor format and import it from the website... In order to understand the proper format I would suggest you enter the first entries (2 or 3 would do), then export in csv from spritmonitor. The file you need to build up has to be shaped in exactly the same way.

Now, if I remember fine, you were not really proficient with computers, so the whole csv thing may sound like an awfully complex road for you... In such case... go the manual way or wait until you have a new car !!!

:P
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-03-2012 12:15
danielgr wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
danielgr wrote:
It seems that:

After you open your account in spritmonitor and register your car, there are two ways of transfering your stuff:
1) Copy them all manually (one by one, selecting whatever parameters you want such as winter tires, etc. none of them are mandatory)
2) If you have a way to export your "gas-app" data into a "csv" (comma separated values) file, do it, then use Excel or similar program to tailor it to SpritMonitor format and import it from the website... In order to understand the proper format I would suggest you enter the first entries (2 or 3 would do), then export in csv from spritmonitor. The file you need to build up has to be shaped in exactly the same way.

Now, if I remember fine, you were not really proficient with computers, so the whole csv thing may sound like an awfully complex road for you... In such case... go the manual way or wait until you have a new car !!!

You are correct....LOL I do have a spread sheet on my computer at work someone took off my phone and put on my computer. I got a new phone, a Razor Max and the gas app was on my Droid Incredible, I tried to transport them, it wouldn't work, so they put it on my computer to try to transport it from there, that didn't work, but that sheet is still there, it doesn't have the last 3 fill ups on there, but I can add those........how do I transport that sheet to the spritmonitor? And is spritmonitor a TOV thing?
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-04-2012 09:18
HONDA AFVM wrote:
danielgr wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
danielgr wrote:
It seems that:

You are correct....LOL I do have a spread sheet on my computer at work someone took off my phone and put on my computer. I got a new phone, a Razor Max and the gas app was on my Droid Incredible, I tried to transport them, it wouldn't work, so they put it on my computer to try to transport it from there, that didn't work, but that sheet is still there, it doesn't have the last 3 fill ups on there, but I can add those........how do I transport that sheet to the spritmonitor? And is spritmonitor a TOV thing?

Well, I'll try once, will make my best to explain it step by step, but I don't think I'll have the time to come back on you if you can't manage.

Here is what you have to do (on a PC):
1) Log into your account at SpritMonitor
2) Create your car: clic on "Add vehicle", then fill the détails
3) Clic in your car ID, then on "Add fueling entry", and put your first full-tank entry (if you didn't fill it up at the beginning it won't work, the first fueling needs to be a fill-up)
4) Repeat step 3) as many times as you need until you reach your second fill-up (if you always fill it up you only need to add one more record); be sure to specify your fill-ups "Type" as "full"
5) In your vehicle homepage, instead of clicking "Add fueling" once again, clic on "More", then "Fuelings csv export". That will download a "csv" file, which you can manipulate in Excel.
6) Get your original data into exactly the same format (the important part are the number and position of columns) as the file you've downloaded from Spritmonitor (you can replace the fuelings you added manually, or keep them, as you want).
7) Back to the website, instead of clicking on "Fuelings CSV export", clic on "Fuelings CSV import", and upload the file you've just created.

If you got the format right you'll have all your data up in spritmonitor. If not, either it will fail or it will create a mess. If you create a mess I suggest you delete your vehicle and start over again, because deleting fuelings is a pain...

Remember to follow the rules/codes specified in the csv export website. Two most important ones:
1) csv files use colons (or semicolons) to split columns, so do not use them when writing values on the cells.
2) It is essential that you properly write the field "type", be it "full", "partial", or "invalid", or "first fuel". If the type is wrong all calculations will be wrong regardless.

Good luck !!!

PS1: TOV has nothing to do with SpritMonitor, I use it because it's convenient, but you can find the whole reasoning in the first posts of this thread (where I explain it in more detail).

PS2: Once you are done you can download the spritmonitor app from Android marketplace and keep adding your data from your mobile phone, whatever you do in spritmonitor will be updated here. And btw, if you want to participate you rather read my second post on this thread, where I explain the rules.
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-04-2012 20:39
danielgr wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
danielgr wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
danielgr wrote:
It seems that:

Well, I'll try once, will make my best to explain it step by step, but I don't think I'll have the time to come back on you if you can't manage.

3) Clic in your car ID, then on "Add fueling entry", and put your first full-tank entry (if you didn't fill it up at the beginning it won't work, the first fueling needs to be a fill-up)
4) Repeat step 3) as many times as you need until you reach your second fill-up (if you always fill it up you only need to add one more record); be sure to specify your fill-ups "Type" as "full"
5) In your vehicle homepage, instead of clicking "Add fueling" once again, clic on "More", then "Fuelings csv export". That will download a "csv" file, which you can manipulate in Excel.
6) Get your original data into exactly the same format (the important part are the number and position of columns) as the file you've downloaded from Spritmonitor (you can replace the fuelings you added manually, or keep them, as you want).
7) Back to the website, instead of clicking on "Fuelings CSV export", clic on "Fuelings CSV import", and upload the file you've just created.

If you got the format right you'll have all your data up in spritmonitor. If not, either it will fail or it will create a mess. If you create a mess I suggest you delete your vehicle and start over again, because deleting fuelings is a pain...

Remember to follow the rules/codes specified in the csv export website. Two most important ones:
1) csv files use colons (or semicolons) to split columns, so do not use them when writing values on the cells.
2) It is essential that you properly write the field "type", be it "full", "partial", or "invalid", or "first fuel". If the type is wrong all calculations will be wrong regardless.

Good luck !!!

PS1: TOV has nothing to do with SpritMonitor, I use it because it's convenient, but you can find the whole reasoning in the first posts of this thread (where I explain it in more detail).

PS2: Once you are done you can download the spritmonitor app from Android marketplace and keep adding your data from your mobile phone, whatever you do in spritmonitor will be updated here. And btw, if you want to participate you rather read my second post on this thread, where I explain the rules.

"D"......

OK, I am in....signed up under HONDA AFVM as I am here...There is also some stupid "CLEV" in black and white on my page too.WTF? I am ready to play. I only started with my last 2 fill ups because that is all I have time to do, can I go back in and manually add, say from the beginning of the year?
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-04-2012 23:58
HONDA AFVM wrote:
"D"......

OK, I am in....signed up under HONDA AFVM as I am here...There is also some stupid "CLEV" in black and white on my page too.WTF? I am ready to play. I only started with my last 2 fill ups because that is all I have time to do, can I go back in and manually add, say from the beginning of the year?

Daniel, I hope you don't mind me jumping in and please correct me if I'm wrong (just trying to help).

Andrew,

1. I think you need to start from scratch with your oldest odometer reading as your first entry on Spritmonitor (when you enter it, select from the "type" menu "first fueling".

2. Then, enter your second oldest recorded log and keep moving forward with your fillups. When you have entered 3000 miles worth of old logs on Spritmonitor, let Daniel know by posting in this thread and he'll add you to the table (it's up to you how long it'll take you to get there). At that point in the game officially :)

After that, as time permits, keep adding your old logs on Spritmonitor until you are up to date.
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-07-2012 00:23
Daniel, I filled up today and my 3000 miles are logged now on Spritmonitor. The data updated for the first time for me on the table (very cool thanks).
Now, if Call_in updates his Spritmonitor account, we'll be able to see how forcefully he's fighting back!

Come on Call_in, share the progress - I hit 500 miles on this tank just to comply with your "Insight minimum mileage per tank" rule ;)

What gives?
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-07-2012 09:22
Hondasrule wrote:
Daniel, I filled up today and my 3000 miles are logged now on Spritmonitor. The data updated for the first time for me on the table (very cool thanks).
Now, if Call_in updates his Spritmonitor account, we'll be able to see how forcefully he's fighting back!

Come on Call_in, share the progress - I hit 500 miles on this tank just to comply with your "Insight minimum mileage per tank" rule ;)

What gives?
Well, I just updated the table again, removing two old entries that I put at the beginning when there was no-one on the list but did not qualify for the 3000miles rule (one mine, the other for sadlerau).

Btw, at this stage the race is not for Call_in to win, but for you to loose. Call_in, just like myself, has too many miles logged in to see any significant changes unless he starts overachieving for well over a year at the wheel. You, on the other hand, are still pretty fresh, so your average mileage can vary a lot in the near future. So... all you have to do is ... "keep it up !!!!"
Call_In
Profile for Call_In
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-07-2012 11:19
I will update mine soon, I promise. Between work, school, and family I will find some time in the near future. Also, like daniel said, I wont really be able to make a dent in my average unless I do so over about 10,000 miles, one tank wont make much of a difference.
But on that subject, I will soon be replacing my dunlops after 50k so if anyone has suggestions on better tires for this situation I am all ears.
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-09-2012 12:48
danielgr wrote:
[...]

Btw, at this stage the race is not for Call_in to win, but for you to loose.Call_in, just like myself, has too many miles logged in to see any significant changes unless he starts overachieving for well over a year at the wheel. You, on the other hand, are still pretty fresh, so your average mileage can vary a lot in the near future. So... all you have to do is ... "keep it up !!!!"
You're right, (I was only kidding) I know very well it will be tough to keep the lead over time.

But, I've been following Call_in on Fuelly and he has managed to move up .3mpg which I find extremely impressive and significant considering he has over 100 fillups logged, making it very difficult to move upward. It was meant as a friendly push for him to update the table so that it reflects his remarkable progress.
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-09-2012 13:08
Call_In wrote:
I will update mine soon, I promise. Between work, school, and family I will find some time in the near future. Also, like daniel said, I wont really be able to make a dent in my average unless I do so over about 10,000 miles, one tank wont make much of a difference.

No pressure, I was just kidding. I still believe your achievement in the last few weeks is impressive and thought you should share it here :)

But on that subject, I will soon be replacing my dunlops after 50k so if anyone has suggestions on better tires for this situation I am all ears.

My 2012 Insight came with Bridgestone 422 Ecopias so Honda switched to this on their MMC (at least in California). Keep in mind the 2012 Insight uses a bit wider tires (185s not 175s). My daughter needed two new tires on her 2010 Insight and we went with Bridgestone 422 Ecopia (175s).

I can't compare them to the Dunlops myself but TonyE recently switched to BS 422s and he liked them better than the Dunlops.
This is what he said about the 422s when he switched from Michelin's all seasons on his Civic Hybrid:

TonyE wrote:

1) I noticed that on an "off throttle" condition the car does not immediately slow down but keeps "rolling on"....
2) The sound is higher.
3) There a bit more higher frequency vibration coming on, without being harsh.
4) The steering is a little bit lighter.
5) Mileage is about 10% better than the Michelin Xs.
6) The battery stays charged a lot more.
7) IMA recharges a lot more. Before, while cruising at 80mph, IMA would never charge, but now I see a green bar quite often.
8) Handling is about the same as the Michelins with no more/less understeer and very good grip on turns. When they slide they give you good warning and it's easy to control the tail. The OEM Dunlops were almost criminal on this...

Last edited by danielgr on 06-09-2012 21:31
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-09-2012 19:37
I wonder why there's an embedded ad banner in my post; I just hope I didn't do it accidentally (if the ad moves to this new post I'll have my answer).
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-09-2012 19:45
...now the formatting is messed up (I must have a faulty html tag somewhere) even though it previewed just fine. I apologize for this; if I could fix it I would).
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-09-2012 21:33
Hondasrule wrote:
...now the formatting is messed up (I must have a faulty html tag somewhere) even though it previewed just fine. I apologize for this; if I could fix it I would).
No worries, it's fixed, one has to be specially cautious when adding manually "quote" tags, those are the ones messing up the board all the time :P (happens to many people, not just you)
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-09-2012 21:46
HONDA AFVM wrote:
danielgr wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
danielgr wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
danielgr wrote:
It seems that:

Good luck !!!

"D"......

I saw your username, and think you are doing just fine for the time being (by starting from your current mileage obviating your old records). Remember, you can add those old ones anytime you want, but if you do, just don't forget to go and change your 9th May 2012 type to "full" from "first fuel".

As for the TOV part, please read the second post on this thread, which (as written down bellow the table) contains the rules to participate (and related info you need to provide). Here is an example of the info, as given by hondasrule on his Insight:
I just created the Spritmonitor account:
- 2012 Honda Insight EX
- 98HP
- LDA3 MF6
- USA Big City

Good luck !!!
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-09-2012 21:49
Do not take it bad guys, ain't mean to be rude, but it'd be nice if you opened new threads for unrelated discussions (like replacement tires for your insight). There is a whole forum for Optimizing Fuel Economy, and not everything needs to be in this thread. By doing so:
- You have higher probability of someone replying to your answer if there is a proper thread title "what replacements tires for a Insight2?" (for example)
- You won't clutter this thread with unrelated stuff.
- People that may be looking for similar info in the future may be able to find it easier.

Cheers,

Daniel
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-10-2012 01:04
danielgr wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
danielgr wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
danielgr wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
danielgr wrote:
It seems that:

Good luck !!!

"D"......

I saw your username, and think you are doing just fine for the time being (by starting from your current mileage obviating your old records). Remember, you can add those old ones anytime you want, but if you do, just don't forget to go and change your 9th May 2012 type to "full" from "first fuel".

As for the TOV part, please read the second post on this thread, which (as written down bellow the table) contains the rules to participate (and related info you need to provide). Here is an example of the info, as given by hondasrule on his Insight:
I just created the Spritmonitor account:
- 2012 Honda Insight EX
- 98HP
- LDA3 MF6
- USA Big City

Good luck !!!

I can start in March and I would have an easy 3,000 miles. I don't quite get it.......Do I have to erase the 3 entries I put in, or can I go behind them? What did you mean by "full" from "first fuel"? And can I Change my pass word from the crazy one they gave me to one I can remember? Is there an App for my Android?
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: TOV users Real World FE database - Updated 3Jun2012    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-10-2012 01:12
Call_In wrote:

Call_In...........

I use Michelin Energy Saver A/S "greens" They increased my MPG by 3 to 5 MPG........and I have put over 15,000 miles on them and they are at 9/32nds........They SUCK in the winter tho, so I put snows on my HCH.......My tire pressure is set every week and it's set 3 pounds over recommended...........

Thread Page - 1 2 [3] 4
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0