[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura NSX Production Model to Make World Debut at 2015 North American International Auto Show
More.......................
Honda FCV Concept to Make North American Debut at 2015 North American International Auto Show
American Honda Sets New November Sales Records; Core Vehicles Lead the Way
Acura Set to Launch More Powerful, Technologically Advanced and Luxuriously Equipped 2016 Acura ILX
All-new 2016 Honda HR-V Crossover Makes North American Debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
Honda FCV Concept Makes World Debut in Japan
SPIED ON THE STREET! 2016(?) Honda Civic
2016 ILX front end refresh image leaked
General Talk --> Re: S660/1000 good news rumors from Japan
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: F1 may change engine formula in 2016
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Ugly Stick Production Is Way Up
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Turbocharged engines coming in 2015
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: HondaJet
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Surprising N-Box Slash debuts in Japan
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Mugen RLX to debut at Tokyo Auto Show
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2015 Honda F1 PU Update
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Honda/HPD ARX-04b Coupe
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: The most beautiful thing in the world is...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: "Paging No Typer, your caddy is ready"...2016 CTS-V
Join Discussion......
Accord CrossTour --> Re: Possible engine issue
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Safety Recall: 2015 TLX 9AT Park Position Malfunction
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 10-15 year old Honda or Acura?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: It looks like Honda is going to go with Android in the future
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Today's Reading Links > > Re: 2013 Focus ST - $23,700 MSRP + $795 destination

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
DCR
Profile for DCR
2013 Focus ST - $23,700 MSRP + $795 destination    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 11:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The fish is reasonably priced.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/04/2013-ford-focus-st-us-pricing-leaked.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Carscoop+%28CARSCOOP%29&m=1
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2013 Focus ST - $23,700 MSRP + $795 destination    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 11:41
So cool! The configurator is up on Ford.com, too.
Glad to see their belief in the pocket-rocket enthusiast realm...
Come on Fiesta ST! Fiat Abarth! Mazdaspeed3! GTI! Veloster Turbo! Dart SRT! Woot!
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2013 Focus ST - $23,700 MSRP + $795 destination    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 12:27
This one looks pretty interesting. I will check one out.
Trip
Profile for Trip
Re: 2013 Focus ST - $23,700 MSRP + $795 destination    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 12:58
This looks like a neat vehicle.

***6MT**** :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any more details about the drive train? LSD available?

I would be comfortable with a Ford product. FoMoCo is stamped all over my Mazda6 and it's been more reliable and satisfying to drive than my last Honda.
Torque
Profile for Torque
Re: 2013 Focus ST - $23,700 MSRP + $795 destination    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 13:03
I just spec'd one out. The one I would want in white, with black/black Recaro seats and power moonroof comes in around 28k. I like that this is a four dour hatch.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2013 Focus ST - $23,700 MSRP + $795 destination    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 13:25
Trip wrote:

I would be comfortable with a Ford product. FoMoCo is stamped all over my Mazda6 and it's been more reliable and satisfying to drive than my last Honda.

It uses Torque Vectoring Control, not LSD. It works well from what I hear.
JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: 2013 Focus ST - $23,700 MSRP + $795 destination    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 15:53
DCR wrote:
Trip wrote:

Does that mean it uses the brakes to control wheelspin to simulate the effect of a LSD? If so, that is a terrible solution. If you're blasting around a racetrack and you have this system riding the brakes to simulate a LSD, you're going to end up with overheated brakes in short order. Overheated brakes have a way of sending you sailing off the racetrack...
LudegarH22A7
Profile for LudegarH22A7
Re: 2013 Focus ST - $23,700 MSRP + $795 destination    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 16:16
Intrigued to say the least...

Sadly, as time passes I grow less fond of the interior.
A77
Profile for A77
Re: 2013 Focus ST - $23,700 MSRP + $795 destination    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 17:27
I'd like it more if there wasn't such a fish mouth. Maybe it needs a front licence plate.
Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: 2013 Focus ST - $23,700 MSRP + $795 destination    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 18:06
JMU R1 wrote:
DCR wrote:
Trip wrote:

Does that mean it uses the brakes to control wheelspin to simulate the effect of a LSD? If so, that is a terrible solution. If you're blasting around a racetrack and you have this system riding the brakes to simulate a LSD, you're going to end up with overheated brakes in short order. Overheated brakes have a way of sending you sailing off the racetrack...

As far as I know mechanical LSD is still better than simulated torque vectoring.

Real torque vectoring systems from Acura, Audi, and BMW > mechanical LSD > brake actuated torque vectoring.

Using brakes to implement torque vectoring is sort of like having a more fancy vehicle stability system.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2013 Focus ST - $23,700 MSRP + $795 destination    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 18:53
Hondarulez wrote:

Using brakes to implement torque vectoring is sort of like having a more fancy vehicle stability system.

That is exactly what it is, and it does work very well on the street. Don't know just how bad it would be on a race track though. There has been some track testing of the car over here and the system wasn't mention specifically, so maybe it is fairly transparent??
Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: 2013 Focus ST - $23,700 MSRP + $795 destination    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 20:12
LudegarH22A7 wrote:
Intrigued to say the least...

Sadly, as time passes I grow less fond of the interior.

totally agree - but still high on the list

atomiclightbulb
Profile for atomiclightbulb
Re: 2013 Focus ST - $23,700 MSRP + $795 destination    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 23:07
Eh... it needs a limited-slip differential.

I don't know if there's something else to the braking system, but doesn't this waste engine power and put extra wear on the brakes too?

The MazdaSpeed3 has a limited-slip differential standard, and costs about the same as the Focus ST.
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: 2013 Focus ST - $23,700 MSRP + $795 destination    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 23:37
It needs an LSD. Brake-biased systems are not accurate, are not reactive, and worst of all bleeds the power off as brake dust.

I am HOPING that Ford would consider offering the LSD as an option.
Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: 2013 Focus ST - $23,700 MSRP + $795 destination    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-02-2012 12:57
sadlerau wrote:
Hondarulez wrote:

That is exactly what it is, and it does work very well on the street. Don't know just how bad it would be on a race track though. There has been some track testing of the car over here and the system wasn't mention specifically, so maybe it is fairly transparent??

I have read somewhere that it's fairly transparent too. It will probably be fine for city driving, as with many stability systems out there. On a track, I really don't think it will work that well.....one thing for sure, the brakes must be really good at resisting brake fade.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0