[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda HR-V Compact SUV to Join All-New 2015 Fit as Honda Expands Small Car Lineup
More.......................
Some thoughts, photos, and notes on the 2015 Acura TLX from the NYIAS show floor
2015 Acura TLX Unveiled at the 2014 New York International Auto Show
Video: TOV member catches a TLX prototype on dashcam!
All New 2015 Honda Fit Designed to Top the Subcompact Class
Honda set to show interesting new Concept at Beijing International Automotive Exhibition
'HR-V' name confirmed for upcoming Fit-based 'urban sport utility'
American Honda Announces Sales Results for March 2014
General Talk --> Re: Push button start SUCKS
Join Discussion......
HondaMobilia --> Re: Tenshodo RA273 Engine
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Nissan is taking Honda to War!
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: Lanewatch glitch with Handsfree link on '14 Civic. Accords too?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: NYIAS Camry / Sonata MMCs
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Honda set for a rocky road ahead in Europe
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Updated Camry, New Sonata
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2016 Acura TLX Type-S and Coupe
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Recommend a helmet cam
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Carscoop: Honda to Detail, But Won't Show New Compact SUV Based on JDM Vezel in New York
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: MK7 Golf Wagon
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: latest CTR details - 395bhp Golf R 400
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Notes on LBGP
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Anyone knows the color code for a really old civic color?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2014 Chinese Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Today's Reading Links > > Re: NEW SENTRA!

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2] 3 4
Author
  Post New Thread
A77
Profile for A77
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2012 01:40
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The rear looks kinda ILX ish, the front fenders RLXish..and the whole thing is ugly. i am presuming the fake wood would not make export markets - the Sylphy I rented recently in New Zealand was all woody inside...

Sylphy sounds like a venereal disease.
MasterOfDaDomain
Profile for MasterOfDaDomain
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2012 12:59
Nissan/Infiniti should learn Mazda's design lesson - all these flowing lines don't make their cars look stylish. Their new vehicles simply look bulbous.

Mazda is the only Japanese car maker that now seems to get it. CX-5 and the concept for Mazda 6 are the best designs I have seen in the last 3 years coming out of the island of the rising sun. Everything else is forgettable.
Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2012 13:07
MasterOfDaDomain wrote:
Nissan/Infiniti should learn Mazda's design lesson - all these flowing lines don't make their cars look stylish. Their new vehicles simply look bulbous.

Mazda is the only Japanese car maker that now seems to get it. CX-5 and the concept for Mazda 6 are the best designs I have seen in the last 3 years coming out of the island of the rising sun. Everything else is forgettable.

corolla or the new sentra? if you had to choose one?

atomiclightbulb
Profile for atomiclightbulb
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2012 22:28
What do I think? It looks awful.

The bulging front fenders and the straight line that goes over the door handles are overwrought. It'll suffer the same fate as the Mazda6, but I predict fleet sales will be brisk.

For all the criticism we see of Honda, I can't say I think Nissan is in much better shape. They are riding on the success of their V6 engines and RWD Infiniti platforms, but their mainstream stuff has aged very badly. If this Sentra is a harbinger of their future, I'm not very hopeful.
IntegraDC5R
Profile for IntegraDC5R
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2012 22:45
Makes me want "Juke" I mean puke.
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2012 23:41
atomiclightbulb wrote:

The bulging front fenders and the straight line that goes over the door handles are overwrought. It'll suffer the same fate as the Mazda6, but I predict fleet sales will be brisk.

For all the criticism we see of Honda, I can't say I think Nissan is in much better shape. They are riding on the success of their V6 engines and RWD Infiniti platforms, but their mainstream stuff has aged very badly. If this Sentra is a harbinger of their future, I'm not very hopeful.

3 letters: GTR.

/Case closed.
Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2012 01:13
BachelorFrog wrote:
atomiclightbulb wrote:

/Case closed.

drool....gtr...

anyways heres a link for some vids

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2012/04/2012-beijing-auto-show-will-sylphy-translate-to-a-good-2013-nissan-sentra.html

cheif engineer talking about how quiet it is D segment level, room in back D seg, fuel econ B segment. The game changer C segment? We'll see what the reviews say when its released.
IntegraDC5R
Profile for IntegraDC5R
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2012 02:34
BachelorFrog wrote:
atomiclightbulb wrote:

/Case closed.

3 words...
FAT ASS PIG!!! /case reopened
atomiclightbulb
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2012 21:52
BachelorFrog wrote:
atomiclightbulb wrote:
If this Sentra is a harbinger of their future, I'm not very hopeful.

The GTR is certainly a technological showcase for Nissan: Twin-turbo V6, AWD, lots and lots of electronics. And yet, I don't get the sense that it has won the hearts of enthusiast drivers in the same way that the NSX or S2000 did.

Sometimes I wonder if people found the GTR too heavy, too powerful, and too easy to drive.

There is something much more visceral, raw, and satisfying about a lightweight automobile with a manual transmission and and engine that is at its best when wrung out to redline. It's not just about how fast the car goes. I truly believe that the fun of driving is in developing a connection with the vehicle and honing the skills to drive it like few others can. I can sense in the automotive press a much more gleeful enthusiasm for the modestly powered, priced and featured BRZ/FR-S.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2012 21:55
IntegraDC5R wrote:
BachelorFrog wrote:
atomiclightbulb wrote:

/Case closed.

3 words...

3 more words...
DO NOT WANT!!!

I have never, ever wanted Honda to build anything like the GT-R, and I hope they never do.
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2012 22:08
Jeff wrote:
IntegraDC5R wrote:
BachelorFrog wrote:
atomiclightbulb wrote:

/Case closed.

3 words...

3 more words...
DO NOT WANT!!!

I have never, ever wanted Honda to build anything like the GT-R, and I hope they never do.

The point I tried to make with my prev short post(unsuccessfully) is that, after the arrival of GTR, Nissan got significant boost in public perception, sales and many manufactures & as well as high-end manufacturer began taking them seriously. Before GTR, Nissan was nothing compare to Honda, now look where they stand.
Imagine if Honda didnt cancelled HSC development, FR chassis, road V8 etc. Only if..........i think u get the idea.

Btw, NA over FI any day of them week.

/case closed.
atomiclightbulb
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2012 22:31
BachelorFrog wrote:
Jeff wrote:
IntegraDC5R wrote:
BachelorFrog wrote:
atomiclightbulb wrote:

/Case closed.

3 words...

3 more words...
DO NOT WANT!!!

The point I tried to make with my prev short post(unsuccessfully) is that, after the arrival of GTR, Nissan got significant boost in public perception, sales and many manufactures & as well as high-end manufacturer began taking them seriously. Before GTR, Nissan was nothing compare to Honda, now look where they stand.
Imagine if Honda didnt cancelled HSC development, FR chassis, road V8 etc. Only if..........i think u get the idea.

Btw, NA over FI any day of them week.

/case closed.

I rarely hear anyone mention the GT-R as a vehicle they aspire to own though. And I really doubt that the GT-R convinced people to go to the showroom and buy the Altima (mediocre) or Versa (utter junk).

My opinion is the same as Jeff on this one. The GT-R is not a vehicle that has any Honda-ness. It's a fascinating piece of technology, but I don't find the concept or implementation particularly enticing.
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2012 22:38
Sorry bro, the sales numbers doesnt agree with you.
The dated Altima and the POS Versa are selling very well.