[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura Set to Launch More Powerful, Technologically Advanced and Luxuriously Equipped 2016 Acura ILX
More.......................
All-new 2016 Honda HR-V Crossover Makes North American Debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
Honda FCV Concept Makes World Debut in Japan
SPIED ON THE STREET! 2016(?) Honda Civic
2016 ILX front end refresh image leaked
Honda's Roadgoing Moto GP Replica Bike Unveiled
2015 Acura TLX Earns 2014 IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+
Honda and Acura release October sales results
Accord --> Re: Bad news for Honda!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rolled's dream car
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Cadillac's boss is cocky but truthful.
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Consumer Reports full review
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 rumors
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: ILX AWD coming sooner than you think...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumor!!! Ito out in March of next year
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's Future Sports Car Line-Up
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2016 Civic Rumors
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: What to do with your F50 Ferrari
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Toyota Employees Approaching Honda
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Hits 300 Million...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: What makes TOV the flame forum of the century
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Dont test drive a 2015 CRV!!!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2016 Mazda CX-3 Debuts, Already Owns All Other Tiny Crossovers
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > NSX > > Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Nino
Profile for Nino
Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2012 23:10
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Not sure if this was already posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zsd_xtJSrw

Nino
Profile for Nino
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2012 23:27
Apparently it can't go over 10mph...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sZU3adGVIY&feature=relmfu
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2012 05:06
Nino wrote:
Apparently it can't go over 10mph...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sZU3adGVIY&feature=relmfu

Ha ha, well, the car maybe, the body pannels it seems they can't !!! (wonder how they got those fixed… )
Nino
Profile for Nino
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2012 08:45
With bubble gum, but because it was donated by celebrities, after chewing on it, it is 1mil$ per gum.
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2012 11:03
Whether it cannot go faster than 10mph or 100mph is not that critical. Of greatest significance IMHO is that this Acura-Avengers tie-up is one of the smartest move by Honda/Acura marketing in a long long time. It is very nice to finally see Honda/Acura cars being used by the main characters of a major film. And very prominently at that. Credit where it is due. Personally, a great job !
Nino
Profile for Nino
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2012 14:05
I hear you, I just find this fascinating on a few accounts.

First of all this is REAL NSX, that really is something.
Second, this thing has 253K on it, that is nothing short of AMAZING and a testament to what Honda was all about.
Third, we have some celebrity driving around in 253K car, I think that is funny.
Forth, that company that built the body took millions for it, and it can't do over 10mph on account of that body falling apart, I think that is funny as well.

I just find all of this sort of interesting, as far as them doing marketing this way, power to them and best of luck, I was simply referring to how real (being real NSX) and fake at the same time all this is in the movie industry.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2012 18:56
According to Inside Line, the car only features for a few seconds at the end of the movie.
RSX
Profile for RSX
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2012 19:23
Nino wrote:
I hear you, I just find this fascinating on a few accounts.

First of all this is REAL NSX, that really is something.
Second, this thing has 253K on it, that is nothing short of AMAZING and a testament to what Honda was all about.
Third, we have some celebrity driving around in 253K car, I think that is funny.
Forth, that company that built the body took millions for it, and it can't do over 10mph on account of that body falling apart, I think that is funny as well.

I just find all of this sort of interesting, as far as them doing marketing this way, power to them and best of luck, I was simply referring to how real (being real NSX) and fake at the same time all this is in the movie industry.

The most impressive thing about the NSX IMO was that it's chassis was perfect after over 20 years and those miles. The movies producer said they just needed a NSX that was "straight" so that they could mill the foam pieces and make the fiberglass and plastic pieces to fit. Apparently, the chassis was straight as an arrow and they were able to create the bits and pieces first time around.
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2012 19:50
"In deference to the Stark NSX's compromised structure, that it was engineered to run only up to 30 mph and its near-future life as a promotional item for the film, Acura asks that we keep our driving speed to under 20 mph."

FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2012 21:14
Nino wrote:

Wow, millions? I think some of the guys on the internet do a better job (with working headlights) and they can go faster than 10-30 mph for far less money. Just search "NSX conversion to Ferrari". Although, that is also stupid in other ways as well.
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2012 22:44
Agreed with your points.

Something occurred to me. DrWhiner's quote says foam pieces were cut to put over the original chassis. So I suspect the speed limit is more to do with those pieces where were stuck onto the car flying off, than any real mechanical limitations with the car. I mean, my DA6 Integra is already 21 years old and I felt totally safe in it when I am foolish enough to drive it over 250kph. So I am sure the NSX is fine. Just that they tack some pieces onto it and they will fly off at higher speeds.
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2012 23:39
WongKN wrote:
Something occurred to me. DrWhiner's quote says foam pieces were cut to put over the original chassis. So I suspect the speed limit is more to do with those pieces where were stuck onto the car flying off, than any real mechanical limitations with the car. I mean, my DA6 Integra is already 21 years old and I felt totally safe in it when I am foolish enough to drive it over 250kph. So I am sure the NSX is fine. Just that they tack some pieces onto it and they will fly off at higher speeds.

Actually I know that probably not mechiancally limited to speed but now I think about it, it may have more to do with to prevent rock chips and maybe journalist crashing and / or damaging the paint & bodywork for when the car is put on show later on. I _really_ doubt those parts will fly off after 30-40 mph esp if they spent millions on it.

Anyone wondering if the movie was supposed to have the actual NSX concept but they couldn't make it and so had to make do with this model? Since the relaease of the concept is so close in timing but still off by a few months
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2012 20:42
WongKN wrote:
Agreed with your points.

WongKN..........

How about sharing some film of that Integra.....I am sure ALL of us would like to see it, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZA! I miss my 91 SO BAD.......
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2012 02:04
I would be embarrassed to show the car now because it is in need of a new paint coat. I have some damage on a door and the front bumper needs to be resprayed. Maybe some photos of the engine bay though I think you will be dissapointed at its untidiness as well. Perhaps best not to show anything so as not to dissapoint you...
CafeDelMar90
Profile for CafeDelMar90
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2012 09:02
sorry this is alittle of topic but i just went to see Avengers last night i just have to say...WOW!!!! unbelievable, spectacular, absolutely mindblowing...hands down the best action movie i have ever seen. Please go and watch this movie even if your not a fan of comic books or the action genre...i wasnt particularly, but this movie just did it for me completely :)

And the brief scene with the 250K Nsx was perfect, the wee car fit the scene it was made for quite well. So please go on and watch it! :)
JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it: Avengers was AWESOME    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2012 11:33
CafeDelMar90 wrote:
sorry this is alittle of topic but i just went to see Avengers last night i just have to say...WOW!!!! unbelievable, spectacular, absolutely mindblowing...hands down the best action movie i have ever seen. Please go and watch this movie even if your not a fan of comic books or the action genre...i wasnt particularly, but this movie just did it for me completely :)

And the brief scene with the 250K Nsx was perfect, the wee car fit the scene it was made for quite well. So please go on and watch it! :)

I saw it last night as well and I wholeheartedly agree, best superhero action movie ever! By a good margin. The only comic book movie that was better were the Dark Knight Batman movies. But with those I feel like they were more action/drama than pure action movies.

The whole theater was laughing, clapping, and cheering the whole way through. It was a total blast and I'll definitely go see it again.
duncan
Profile for duncan
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it: Avengers was AWESOME    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-30-2012 10:23
JMU R1 wrote:
CafeDelMar90 wrote:

I saw it last night as well and I wholeheartedly agree, best superhero action movie ever! By a good margin. The only comic book movie that was better were the Dark Knight Batman movies. But with those I feel like they were more action/drama than pure action movies.

The whole theater was laughing, clapping, and cheering the whole way through. It was a total blast and I'll definitely go see it again.

Without any spoilers, was the movie truly epic? My biggest beef with superhero movies is that no matter how well done they maybe for the preceding 1h 45min, the climatic final battle usually ends up being, well, anti-climatic and underwhelming. I've had my hopes waaay up for The Avengers ever since the main cast was introduced at the 2010 ComicCon, so I really need to know--was it balls to the wall EPIC, just like in the comics???
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it: Avengers was AWESOME    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-30-2012 11:22
I liked the cartoon TV series where the Avengers took on Loki. There were three episodes in total and I liked them a lot. If the movie storyline is half as good, it would be a great movie. I am probably going to watch it tomorrow.
JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it: Avengers was AWESOME    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-30-2012 11:41
duncan wrote:
JMU R1 wrote:
CafeDelMar90 wrote:

Without any spoilers, was the movie truly epic? My biggest beef with superhero movies is that no matter how well done they maybe for the preceding 1h 45min, the climatic final battle usually ends up being, well, anti-climatic and underwhelming. I've had my hopes waaay up for The Avengers ever since the main cast was introduced at the 2010 ComicCon, so I really need to know--was it balls to the wall EPIC, just like in the comics???

I'm the same way about movies like this being epic. So for instance, I couldn't really get into Clash of the Titans because it just lacked that element of epicness that would've taken that movie to the next level.

With Avengers I felt the climactic battle lives up to the billing. They did a good job of having a large scale battle while incorporating all of the characters in a significant role and worked in some well placed humor. Iron Man and the Hulk's scenes were pretty kickass in my opinion.

And of course, after the credits there's a teaser of what's to come.
CafeDelMar90
Profile for CafeDelMar90
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it: Avengers was AWESOME    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 02:14
JMU R1 wrote:
duncan wrote:
JMU R1 wrote:
CafeDelMar90 wrote:

I'm the same way about movies like this being epic. So for instance, I couldn't really get into Clash of the Titans because it just lacked that element of epicness that would've taken that movie to the next level.

With Avengers I felt the climactic battle sums up the story . They did a good job of having a large scale battle while incorporating all of the characters in a significant role and worked in some well placed humor. Iron Man and the Hulk's scenes were pretty kickass in my opinion.

Believe the hype! it is just that good. I would rate it ahead of the 1st Iron man movie, but below the Dark Knight and Batman Begins only cos they had more depth in the story department.
As JMU R1 put it, The crowd was clapping, laughing and hooting the whole way through when i viewed it too. What did it for me was the good humour added to the simple save-the-world type scenario. That really stood out for me. The characters were fantastic, arguably led by Robert Downey JR as iron man...though he so very nearly steals the show once again :). What a great actor he is.

As for the climactic battle, hard to describe without letting things out. I would say its a very very satisfying battle in the end, with stunning visuals to boot, though the main baddie seems a bit weak for my liking though at the end. Though I still prefer the ending of Avengers over Iron Man 1.

Again one more point, when the Avengers NSX was shown i must admit there were many 'WOWS' from the audience. The only other time i can remember it happening was from Transformers 1 with the new Camaro...so good on Acura!

duncan
Profile for duncan
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it: Avengers was AWESOME    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-02-2012 09:55
CafeDelMar90 wrote:
JMU R1 wrote:
duncan wrote:
JMU R1 wrote:
CafeDelMar90 wrote:

With Avengers I felt the climactic battle sums up the story . They did a good job of having a large scale battle while incorporating all of the characters in a significant role and worked in some well placed humor. Iron Man and the Hulk's scenes were pretty kickass in my opinion.

Believe the hype! it is just that good. I would rate it ahead of the 1st Iron man movie, but below the Dark Knight and Batman Begins only cos they had more depth in the story department.
As JMU R1 put it, The crowd was clapping, laughing and hooting the whole way through when i viewed it too. What did it for me was the good humour added to the simple save-the-world type scenario. That really stood out for me. The characters were fantastic, arguably led by Robert Downey JR as iron man...though he so very nearly steals the show once again :). What a great actor he is.

As for the climactic battle, hard to describe without letting things out. I would say its a very very satisfying battle in the end, with stunning visuals to boot, though the main baddie seems a bit weak for my liking though at the end. Though I still prefer the ending of Avengers over Iron Man 1.

Again one more point, when the Avengers NSX was shown i must admit there were many 'WOWS' from the audience. The only other time i can remember it happening was from Transformers 1 with the new Camaro...so good on Acura!

Thanks for the reviews, JMU R1 & CDM90. I just can't wait for it, but I won't be catching it this opening weekend either simply because I don't want to fight the crowds. I try to watch it next weekend instead.

Meanwhile, the movie has already grossed well over $200MM in overseas markets and it still hasn't opened in China, Russia & NA yet. Word is that the movie is expected to gross over $600MM worldwide after only the first week. Could this be Marvel's first billion dollar movie? Regardless, there will be an awful lot of eyeballs seeing the NSX. Acura had better not drop the ball with this golden opportunity to reacquaint luxury carbuyers with the brand.
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-12-2012 12:36
The Story Behind "The Avengers" NSX
Marek says the project began in June 2011, when he was handed the final pages of "The Avengers" script and told that a car was needed for Stark's parting shot. Initially the plan was to mock up just the rear of the car, since that's all that was needed for filming. But at the request of none other than the film's director and screenwriter Joss Whedon, it was decided to use a full car.

This meant that Marek and his team had three months to create a working, film-ready car in time for the scene to be filmed in New York City's Central Park during Labor Day weekend in 2011.

Deciding exactly what this film car would look like proved to be a bit of a challenge.

As you may know, Acura didn't officially unveil the NSX concept or even confirm the company planned to bring the car to market until the Detroit Auto Show in January 2012. Yet Acura knew that photos of the film car would hit the Internet immediately after filming its scene in September 2011, four months before the Detroit show. This was because New York City doesn't allow film crews to block public access while filming in Central Park.
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-13-2012 10:49
I didn't have a chance to post about it but I watched the movie last wednesday. I like it and would understand its popularity and appeal. The ending teaser was very interesting. T****s has been involved in many epic storyline in the Marvel universe so I am very interested in how they will write the sequel.
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2012 19:25
The NSX has made it to the big time: it is featured in VIBE magazine. Could rap lyrics and videos be far behind?

Introducing Acura NSX Avenged
Acura’s latest concept steals spotlight from the Germans.

Iron Man Audi, ay Big Sean? The Detroit-bred MC may have been too busy writing bars to catch an advance screening of The Avengers; cause that burgundy ‘vert coupe piloted by Tony Stark? Yeah you saw right, the billionaire crime-fighter was back in an ‘Ac.

For those steeped in automotive gossip, the changeup came as no surprise. But for those that don’t follow road rumors and reveals like the Kardashians, the news is still quite thrilling. Acura’s NSX – the modern day classic supercar from Honda’s luxury leg – is finally getting a complete overhaul.
Chocs
Profile for Chocs
Re: Iron man NSX is a 91 with 250K on it    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2012 20:52
TSX69 wrote:
The NSX has made it to the big time: it is featured in VIBE magazine. Could rap lyrics and videos be far behind?

Introducing Acura NSX Avenged

...the NSX (New Sportscar eXperimental) concept is officially off to its final production stages...

What? What does this mean?

They can't possibly mean FINAL final production stages, right? Like it's completed just needing some crash tests and choosing colour palettes?

Are they trying to throw me off?

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0