[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2016 Accord Raises its Game with Dynamic Styling, Chassis and Body Upgrades, Available Honda Sensing
More.......................
Acura NSX Features and Options on Display at The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering
More.......................
Performance Manufacturing Center: Precision Craftsmanship
More.......................
2016 Honda Odyssey expands availability of HondaVAC with more affordable SE model
More.......................
Honda reports July 2015 sales numbers
More.......................
2016 Civic Trim levels showing up in Honda's I.N. locator system
More.......................
Jon Ikeda takes the reins at Acura, Mike Accavitti departs
More.......................
Honda Introduces the Highest Tech Accord Yet in High Tech’s U.S. Hub—Silicon Valley
More.......................
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Automotive News: Acura's new boss wants sedans 'that people get excited about'
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Automobile Mag says Civic Si will use 2.0T
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: New 2016 Civic spy pics (best ones yet)
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Automotive News: No S660 convertible for U.S., but Honda has some sporty ideas
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: My experience so far at Lexus.
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: ANALYSIS: Honda Europe in crisis - where's the Waku Waku?
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: Hill climb Accord Type R GoPro
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Exterior Styling: TLX vs. C300
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2016 Toyota Prius
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: happy to report
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: What we lust after :)
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Civic Type R K20 C1 turbo stock dyno
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: News from Acura
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Creeping "Beak-ism"
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline Spy Shot
Join Discussion......
Product Overview : Honda HR-V
Read Article....................
2016 Accord Touring Sedan PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2016 Honda Accord Sport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2016 Honda Accord V6 Touring Coupe PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2016 Honda Pilot walkaround with Marc Ernst
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2016 Honda Pilot First Drive
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Ito's guest speech at Beijing NSX Concept intro

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Ito's guest speech at Beijing NSX Concept intro    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2012 11:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
For those that missed it (link to the video):
For developing a sports car, it is very important to build a sports car that is in line with the times.
For the first generation NSX we took on the very difficult challenge to create an all aluminum body structure. To match this new era, a sports car must have first class environmental performance"

Just saying... some people keep pretending they can't hear... so Mr. Ito keeps making one statement after another...

Again, it may not be of everyone tastes, but this is happening guys...
Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: Ito's guest speech at Beijing NSX Concept intro    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2012 12:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
danielgr wrote:
For those that missed it (link to the video):
For developing a sports car, it is very important to build a sports car that is in line with the times.
For the first generation NSX we took on the very difficult challenge to create an all aluminum body structure. To match this new era, a sports car must have first class environmental performance"

Just saying... some people keep pretending they can't hear... so Mr. Ito keeps making one statement after another...

Again, it may not be of everyone tastes, but this is happening guys...

Ito is right, and it will soon be quite commonplace, like it or not. The Ferrari F12berlinetta with its 730hp also has a start/stop system. Further, the Enzo replacement (F60) is going to be a hybrid - electric motors, batteries, and all. Ferrari claims their new hybrid system reduces CO2 emissions by 40% instead of the 30% of their older system.

If the Italian super-sports-car maker Ferrari is creating hybrids and speaking CO2 figures, then one can hardly find it wrong or odd that Honda is taking this path.
Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: Ito's guest speech at Beijing NSX Concept intro    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2012 13:23
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
NSX wont be a Hybrid tho...just have a Hybrid AWD system. Right?


Gumbercules
Profile for Gumbercules
Re: Ito's guest speech at Beijing NSX Concept intro    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2012 13:45
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Powered by Honda wrote:
NSX wont be a Hybrid tho...just have a Hybrid AWD system. Right?



Hybrid: anything derived from heterogeneous sources, or composed of elements of different or incongruous kinds

Translation: a hybrid is whenever you combine to different elements. If it was an electric motor at the front, and hamsters powering the rear, it would be a hybrid. Or even a combination of diesel engine and gas engine would also be a hybrid.

The only reason "hybrid" has a connotation of being "green" is because the first hybrids were designed for max mpg, but now we are seeing electric motors being used for acceleration (M35h, Enzo replacement) and now for enhanced handling as well (NSX 2.0, RLX, Porsche 918).

But regardless of how electric motors are used, they always have an mpg benefit. Like how VTEC can be tuned for max power or emmissions or mpg, but regardless it will add more power than a non-VTEC engine.

Ultima
Profile for Ultima
Re: Ito's guest speech at Beijing NSX Concept intro    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2012 14:27
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Because we all know MPG is at the top of the list when someone purhase a "super car." SMH. So much for their "less is more" approach. A simple MR V8 or blown V6 would have save weight and cost.
Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: Ito's guest speech at Beijing NSX Concept intro    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2012 14:42
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Ultima wrote:
Because we all know MPG is at the top of the list when someone purhase a "super car." SMH. So much for their "less is more" approach. A simple MR V8 or blown V6 would have save weight and cost.



and hp is the top of the list when someone is purchasing a subcompact B-Segment car.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Ito's guest speech at Beijing NSX Concept intro    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2012 15:53
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Gumbercules wrote:
Powered by Honda wrote:
NSX wont be a Hybrid tho...just have a Hybrid AWD system. Right?



Hybrid: anything derived from heterogeneous sources, or composed of elements of different or incongruous kinds

Translation: a hybrid is whenever you combine to different elements. If it was an electric motor at the front, and hamsters powering the rear, it would be a hybrid. Or even a combination of diesel engine and gas engine would also be a hybrid.

The only reason "hybrid" has a connotation of being "green" is because the first hybrids were designed for max mpg, but now we are seeing electric motors being used for acceleration (M35h, Enzo replacement) and now for enhanced handling as well (NSX 2.0, RLX, Porsche 918).

But regardless of how electric motors are used, they always have an mpg benefit. Like how VTEC can be tuned for max power or emmissions or mpg, but regardless it will add more power than a non-VTEC engine.




:rofl:

Sorry, PbH, but are you feeling alright today?

That's not your first post...
lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: Ito's guest speech at Beijing NSX Concept intro    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2012 20:27
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
danielgr wrote:
For those that missed it (link to the video):
For developing a sports car, it is very important to build a sports car that is in line with the times.
For the first generation NSX we took on the very difficult challenge to create an all aluminum body structure. To match this new era, a sports car must have first class environmental performance"

Just saying... some people keep pretending they can't hear... so Mr. Ito keeps making one statement after another...

Again, it may not be of everyone tastes, but this is happening guys...



Ito is going to end up ruining the new NSX and will destroy its legacy with this silly obsession on making it "green" and "environmentally responsible". He has already done major damage to Honda and Acura. So stupid. Nobody cares or buys a sports car because it is "environmentally responsible" or "green" and buyers sure as hell don't want it compromised so it can get good fuel economy. How does he not know that? He is willing to ruin it just so he can say hey we have a sports car that can do 35mpg and meets the strictest emissions, yeah it is compromised, does not have the power to really compete with the cars it used to but being green is all I give a damn about and I don't care if it fails.

If he wants Honda and Acura to be "environmentally responsible then drop the MDX, Pilot, RDX, ZDX, Ridgeline, Odyssey, CRV, Crosstour and don't build anymore SUVs, pickups, minivans. Those are the real environmentally damaging vehicles especially since they sell in such high numbers. Sports cars simply don't sell in high enough numbers to do any damage which he does not seem to understand.

I hope since it will be developed mostly or at least half in America that Americans will make sure the car has the power and performance to compete and wow buyers/enthusiasts and "environmental responsibility" is a distant priority.
Ultima
Profile for Ultima
Re: Ito's guest speech at Beijing NSX Concept intro    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2012 20:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
lexusgs wrote:
danielgr wrote:
For those that missed it (link to the video):
For developing a sports car, it is very important to build a sports car that is in line with the times.
For the first generation NSX we took on the very difficult challenge to create an all aluminum body structure. To match this new era, a sports car must have first class environmental performance"

Just saying... some people keep pretending they can't hear... so Mr. Ito keeps making one statement after another...

Again, it may not be of everyone tastes, but this is happening guys...



Ito is going to end up ruining the new NSX and will destroy its legacy with this silly obsession on making it "green" and "environmentally responsible". He has already done major damage to Honda and Acura. So stupid. Nobody cares or buys a sports car because it is "environmentally responsible" or "green" and buyers sure as hell don't want it compromised so it can get good fuel economy. How does he not know that? He is willing to ruin it just so he can say hey we have a sports car that can do 35mpg and meets the strictest emissions, yeah it is compromised, does not have the power to really compete with the cars it used to but being green is all I give a damn about and I don't care if it fails.

If he wants Honda and Acura to be "environmentally responsible then drop the MDX, Pilot, RDX, ZDX, Ridgeline, Odyssey, CRV, Crosstour and don't build anymore SUVs, pickups, minivans. Those are the real environmentally damaging vehicles especially since they sell in such high numbers. Sports cars simply don't sell in high enough numbers to do any damage which he does not seem to understand.

I hope since it will be developed mostly or at least half in America that Americans will make sure the car has the power and performance to compete and wow buyers/enthusiasts and "environmental responsibility" is a distant priority.



Now that I think about it, maybe it's best Honda not make any sports/sporty cars under Ito and his environmentalist bean- counter associates.

CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Ito's guest speech at Beijing NSX Concept intro    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2012 21:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I don't see any problems with the NSX being a hybrid.

You folks associate hybrids with boring cars like the Prius, but the reality is that it's no different from forced induction (offering more avenues for energy recapture actually).

We're already about to see a 370hp+ Acura RL; this is more than many boosted 6s. In addition to that, the fact that it's a hybrid enables the AWD system to offer substantial torque vectoring capabilities while eliminating weight from the axles, diffs and driveshaft.

And thankfully for you folks, Honda of America will be in charge of this project, so Ito won't be messing it up. This will be one of the first high performance hybrid cars that will essentially be using its hybrid powertrain as a performance component- a car that in the spirit of the original NSX clearly moves the game on. As long as it offers a great power to weight ratio, I see the bitching as unnecessary.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Ito's guest speech at Beijing NSX Concept intro    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2012 21:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Love it or hate it, get used to it! This is the path ALL car manufacturers will have to follow moving forward, unless they come up with something out of left field. Honda has NEVER walked to the beat of a common drum - as the original NSX showed. This is the new NSX for a different generation, and as such it is a true successor to the ideals of the the original car - New Sports Experimental

It is, and always was, about pushing the envelope of what can be done or achievable, just that nowadays they have a different focus. And contrary to many on here, for me it epitomizes the man maximum, machine minimum ethos that Honda aspires to - sporty performance and blue skies for our children.

I cannot argue that there are other ways of achieving these goals, but that is the way Honda have chosen, and we always have the option of moving on? God willing I will purchase the NSXv2 when/if it is sold over here, but I will certainly keep my NSX v1 forever. But, when I move out of my CRV, I will most likely buy an Audi Q5, because Honda doesn't sell the RDX in Australia. Disappointing but nothing to rage about :)
Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: Ito's guest speech at Beijing NSX Concept intro    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2012 23:25
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Nick Graves wrote:
Gumbercules wrote:
Powered by Honda wrote:
NSX wont be a Hybrid tho...just have a Hybrid AWD system. Right?



Hybrid: anything derived from heterogeneous sources, or composed of elements of different or incongruous kinds

Translation: a hybrid is whenever you combine to different elements. If it was an electric motor at the front, and hamsters powering the rear, it would be a hybrid. Or even a combination of diesel engine and gas engine would also be a hybrid.

The only reason "hybrid" has a connotation of being "green" is because the first hybrids were designed for max mpg, but now we are seeing electric motors being used for acceleration (M35h, Enzo replacement) and now for enhanced handling as well (NSX 2.0, RLX, Porsche 918).

But regardless of how electric motors are used, they always have an mpg benefit. Like how VTEC can be tuned for max power or emmissions or mpg, but regardless it will add more power than a non-VTEC engine.




:rofl:

Sorry, PbH, but are you feeling alright today?

That's not your first post...



I know what hybrid is it was a sarcastic question. I know the nsx is not a hybrid. I would hate it if it was and my negative posts would be up by 500%.
 
Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0