[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
More.......................
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
This is probably the very first look at the 2016 Pilot. Spied by a TOV member in So Cal.
Commentary: Why are kids and pets still dying in hot cars? It's 2014 already.
TLX --> Re: Acura informational TLX Video
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2015 Hyundai Genesis: C/D and Automobile both like it
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I completely forgot about this Honda concept!
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 2014 Accord Coupe 4 cylinder or V6?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> An idea.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Opinions on Hellaflush
Join Discussion......
Videos --> 6G Celica in Homemade Demo Derby-- Had balls.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Best burger in Anaheim, California???
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: What is this on the window?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Europe 2015 Engine Lineup
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: NSX mule burns to the ground on the Ring!
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: SE trim for 2015 Civic
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: A quick 2014 Accord review
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 2014 Accord Coupe 4 cylinder or V6?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alfa Romeo 4C - 1.75L, 240hp *MR* coupe
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Guess what I brought home today...

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2 3
Author
  Post New Thread
Karl O.
Profile for Karl O.
So I think I've picked out our newest Acura.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2012 21:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I think the TSX wagon, BWP with tan interior, is it.

I honestly can't think of a better car to buy. It's replacing the Accord. It has the utility of an SUV and it gets decent gas mileage.

I sold my TSX and we both miss it. I'll keep driving the S2000, it only has 73k. The wagon is a cool car that that my wife can drive for 4 years or so and then I'll do it for another 4 years.

My only real question is about the tech package. I'm up in the air about that one.

Anyway, I'm kind of excited about the TSX wagon. I tend to gravitate to the weird cars that Honda makes from time to time. and think this is one I need to get in on.

Also, the resale on these cars is going to be absolutely insane.

Brgds
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: So I think I've picked out our newest Acura.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2012 22:07
As long as you don't need warp drive acceleration, the TSX wagon is a pretty nice little ride!
tsxdriver
Profile for tsxdriver
Re: So I think I've picked out our newest Acura.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 09:28
Karl I think you'll love it we've had ours for a year now and its been great. We got the tech pkg. ( wife wanted power tailgate) and I wanted the els sound system, she only drives 8 miles each way to work yet its avg. 28 mpg on midgrade no need for premium. On a 300 mile trip with 4 people and luggage I was able to get 34 mpg with the a/c on and avg. 70 mph. . Well good luck and happy motoring :)
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: So I think I've picked out our newest Acura.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 10:01
tsxdriver wrote:
Karl I think you'll love it we've had ours for a year now and its been great. We got the tech pkg. ( wife wanted power tailgate) and I wanted the els sound system, she only drives 8 miles each way to work yet its avg. 28 mpg on midgrade no need for premium. On a 300 mile trip with 4 people and luggage I was able to get 34 mpg with the a/c on and avg. 70 mph. . Well good luck and happy motoring :)

I love the TSX Sportwagon. If it had a little more juice under the hood and a 6MT I would have bought one the day they came out. My brother in law and sister in law are trying to find a pre-owned one. I told him it's gonna be tough because I doubt very many people are going to want to sell theirs so soon. Also, there haven't been that many sold in the USA, though I see quite a few driving around in my area. Somebody in our neighborhood has one.
nowakj66
Profile for nowakj66
Re: So I think I've picked out our newest Acura.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 10:22
I've had a TSX Wagon with tech package in vortex blue for 2 months. It's been the best Honda I have owned in years! Certainly the best with an automatic. It was my first Acura. Very satisfying and functional.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: So I think I've picked out our newest Acura.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 10:59
My local Acura dealer has 8 2012 Sport Wagons on the lot at the moment. I may cruise by and check one out in person, as I haven't seen one up close yet.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: So I think I've picked out our newest Acura.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2012 14:45
Karl O. wrote:

I honestly can't think of a better car to buy. It's replacing the Accord. It has the utility of an SUV and it gets decent gas mileage.

I sold my TSX and we both miss it. I'll keep driving the S2000, it only has 73k. The wagon is a cool car that that my wife can drive for 4 years or so and then I'll do it for another 4 years.

My only real question is about the tech package. I'm up in the air about that one.

Anyway, I'm kind of excited about the TSX wagon. I tend to gravitate to the weird cars that Honda makes from time to time. and think this is one I need to get in on.

Brgds

Hmm.. as it just happens we are planning on ordering a car soon... My wife is thinking about the Civic GX because she can get the Car Pool stickers... However, since this will be her lease car... and since the new lease prices are lower... and since we might want to buy it after it goes off lease in a year....

After all, we don't need the Odyssey anymore and the mileage on the CRV ain't that hot.

Hmm.. now you got me thinking.. I think my wife would love to commute in it... her car pool buddy has the sedan..

Got me thinking, got me thinking.. this may be the car I had not thought about but the more I think about it the more it makes sense.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: So I think I've picked out our newest Acura.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2012 15:30
I stopped in my local dealer yesterday. They said the RDX has been doing real well - 4 very recently sold right of the truck and 2 being prepped for delivery that day. It has not impacted MDX sales at all and the response has been very positive. They had a run on the TSX wagon last month but that's tapered off again. I believe I counted 3 on the lot and spent some time in a black one on the floor. Liked it a lot...

I asked a few sales people if they'd thought about the ILX and most seemed pretty indifferent now the moment - a couple saying they'll have to wait and see when it gets there but no real enthusiasm expressed. They are schedule for their training session in a couple/three weeks. Some were concerned about the pricing and base drivetrains but that's about it. One was pretty disgruntled about the whole thing but he's not in sales. The showroom was a real deadzone. I half expected to hear a scream followed by a gunshot.

Response to the RLX concept was again generally indifferent with a couple disappointed by the overall look, color and wheels of the concept. Again, a skeptical, wait-and-see stance knowing the car is still a year away, but somewhat pleased to be someday free of the current RL.
Karl O.
Profile for Karl O.
Re: So I think I've picked out our newest Acura.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2012 16:31
TonyE wrote:
Karl O. wrote:

Brgds

Hmm.. as it just happens we are planning on ordering a car soon... My wife is thinking about the Civic GX because she can get the Car Pool stickers... However, since this will be her lease car... and since the new lease prices are lower... and since we might want to buy it after it goes off lease in a year....

After all, we don't need the Odyssey anymore and the mileage on the CRV ain't that hot.

Hmm.. now you got me thinking.. I think my wife would love to commute in it... her car pool buddy has the sedan..

Got me thinking, got me thinking.. this may be the car I had not thought about but the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

It'll be dead in a year so if you want one I think the time to jump is now.

Loaded up CRVs are pushing $30k. Sonatas and Optimas are over $30k for pete's sake.

None of the SUVs with anything close to the features will be in the same price range and they will get worse gas mileage, and also much less fun to drive.

I realize that the slushbox will not be fast, but she's OK with the car she has right now. It can't weigh much less and it has 34 less HP.

Anyway the TSX wagon seems to be in reasonable supply now. I just have to figure out what I'm doing with the Accord - trade or sell it myself. I know I'll come out ahead in a private sale but that is such a PITA. Plus, I know how lazy I am, as soon as we get the new car the old one will sit in the driveway collecting cobwebs as m interest in finding a buyer wants.
GoFaster
Profile for GoFaster
Re: So I think I've picked out our newest Acura.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2012 17:19
Karl, the night before my new car arrived at the dealer, (was on a boat, then at the dock, then in transit...) I put a free ad on Craigs List. My phone went crazy. Explained the car in great detail in the ad. Was home at about 3pm with new car, old car sold to first guy before 5pm, for WAY more than I would get from a dealer, but less than trying to get every dime out of it. Priced it to sell and was first guy to test drive it. Was a great car with no problems though.

Guy brought cash, shook hands on the deal on the test drive, and easy as could be. But, it was me asking under market, but well over trade in value.
CanTex
Profile for CanTex
Re: So I think I've picked out our newest Acura.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2012 18:29
GoFaster wrote:
Karl, the night before my new car arrived at the dealer, (was on a boat, then at the dock, then in transit...) I put a free ad on Craigs List. My phone went crazy. Explained the car in great detail in the ad. Was home at about 3pm with new car, old car sold to first guy before 5pm, for WAY more than I would get from a dealer, but less than trying to get every dime out of it. Priced it to sell and was first guy to test drive it. Was a great car with no problems though.

Guy brought cash, shook hands on the deal on the test drive, and easy as could be. But, it was me asking under market, but well over trade in value.

"Guy bought cash" - key words. If the trade is "up there" in value, I would worry about other financial instruments and making sure it cleared the bank. Oh, and not to mention the shady types, who might just drive off in your car, or offer bodily harm. The last one I sold privately, a VW Rabbit, there was literally a stack of cash on the hood. Not sure I could do that in the current world.
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: So I think I've picked out our newest Acura.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2012 19:17
Karl O. wrote:

Brgds

Go with the Tech pkg.....go with it all if you are going to keep it for 8 years.....in 8 years a lot of cars will have all that stuff as standard....
Gary757
Profile for Gary757
Re: So I think I've picked out our newest Acura.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2012 21:07
HONDA AFVM wrote:Go with the Tech pkg.....go with it all if you are going to keep it for 8 years.....in 8 years a lot of cars will have all that stuff as standard....

A lot of cars have most of that stuff as standard today.
Karl O.
Profile for Karl O.
Re: So I think I've picked out our newest Acura.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2012 15:42
CanTex wrote:
GoFaster wrote:

"Guy bought cash" - key words. If the trade is "up there" in value, I would worry about other financial instruments and making sure it cleared the bank. Oh, and not to mention the shady types, who might just drive off in your car, or offer bodily harm. The last one I sold privately, a VW Rabbit, there was literally a stack of cash on the hood. Not sure I could do that in the current world.

I sold my TSX private party- the guy gave me his bank info, I called them and verified they gave him a certified check. No problem.

An honest buyer will give you all of the info you need up front to make the sale go smoother. If they balk at allowing you to verify funds up front you there's something wrong. Same as if you're buying a car and the seller won't give you the VIN or doesn't have ANY service records.

Hell, even with cash they could bring you a sackful of fake bills.
Karl O.
Profile for Karl O.
Re: So I think I've picked out our newest Acura.    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2012 15:52
HONDA AFVM wrote:
Karl O. wrote:

Brgds

Go with the Tech pkg.....go with it all if you are going to keep it for 8 years.....in 8 years a lot of cars will have all that stuff as standard....

I see it that way, but I can look at the nav/audio system in an 8 year old car and it's more or less worthless. Who knows what ICE and cell phone tech will look like in 8 years, but I can assure you that an 8 year old car won't support it.

The $300 Alpine deck in my S2000 does everything the "upgraded" TSX ICE does.

Also, I bought lifetime updates for my Garmin for $99. Pretty sure Acura is gonna charge more than to update the nav, and that I won't be able to install updates by plugging into the USB port on my laptop.

OTOH, I do like the power tailgate, the rear camera and the way the nav screen looks. I don't care much about the upgraded stereo, my wife likes the Accord stereo and I listen to sports talk radio and podcasts 90% of the time anyway.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Guess what I brought home today...    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2012 00:15
I ended up buying a 2012 TSX Sportwagon Tech today - Bellanova White Pearl with the taupe interior. I traded my beloved Si for it. I had been feeling guilty for a while, having an S2000 and my Si at my daily disposal while my lovely wife was stuck driving the Odyssey every day. Part of it was her own fault, yes, as she has long refused to learn how to properly drive a car with a manual transmission. But still, I always felt a little bit guilty.

I have loved the TSX Sportwagon since the day I first saw it as the Accord Tourer, what, 4 years ago? Ideally, it would have come over with the Type S suspension and a 6MT, and I just would have forced my wife to accept driving a 6MT, but unfortunately, it wasn't to be.

Our Odyssey is in good condition, drives great, and we can't live without its utility (for a while). So, for now I'm happy with the compromise that I've engineered. My wife gets to drive a shiny fancy new Acura to work if she wants to, we get to keep our incredibly useful Odyssey, and sadly, I lose my Si sedan. (After 52 months, it had 29750 miles on it, so it's not like I was driving the wheels off of it.)

Honestly, I would have just done the TSX sedan for $2k less but the extra utility of the cargo area (which means our dog can go more places with us without requiring firing up the Odyssey) and the semi-uniqueness of the Sportwagon made the extra expense worth it to me.

I got it for right at invoice, and at that price I got the all season floor mats, the cargo area mat, body-color matched splashguards, and wheel locks.

Incidentally I drove my wife to and from work today since I needed her Odyssey to move some furniture from my office. I went to pick her up in the new TSX Sportwagon and on the 20 mile loop I averaged 33.5 mpg. Not bad...
according2kev
Profile for according2kev
Re: Guess what I brought home today...    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2012 00:48
Congrats on the TSX. I'm not a wagon fan but I must say that one has a substantial look on the road.

I went to check out the RDX this past weekend (nice!) and also sat in a TSX. Had the V6 been available when I bought my Accord, I would have a TSX sedan ;-(.

How about a pic or two? No one ever post pics of their new rides.
garoto628
Profile for garoto628
Re: Guess what I brought home today...    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2012 01:11
Jeff wrote:
I ended up buying a 2012 TSX Sportwagon Tech today - Bellanova White Pearl with the taupe interior. I traded my beloved Si for it. I had been feeling guilty for a while, having an S2000 and my Si at my daily disposal while my lovely wife was stuck driving the Odyssey every day. Part of it was her own fault, yes, as she has long refused to learn how to properly drive a car with a manual transmission. But still, I always felt a little bit guilty.

I have loved the TSX Sportwagon since the day I first saw it as the Accord Tourer, what, 4 years ago? Ideally, it would have come over with the Type S suspension and a 6MT, and I just would have forced my wife to accept driving a 6MT, but unfortunately, it wasn't to be.

Our Odyssey is in good condition, drives great, and we can't live without its utility (for a while). So, for now I'm happy with the compromise that I've engineered. My wife gets to drive a shiny fancy new Acura to work if she wants to, we get to keep our incredibly useful Odyssey, and sadly, I lose my Si sedan. (After 52 months, it had 29750 miles on it, so it's not like I was driving the wheels off of it.)

Honestly, I would have just done the TSX sedan for $2k less but the extra utility of the cargo area (which means our dog can go more places with us without requiring firing up the Odyssey) and the semi-uniqueness of the Sportwagon made the extra expense worth it to me.

I got it for right at invoice, and at that price I got the all season floor mats, the cargo area mat, body-color matched splashguards, and wheel locks.

Incidentally I drove my wife to and from work today since I needed her Odyssey to move some furniture from my office. I went to pick her up in the new TSX Sportwagon and on the 20 mile loop I averaged 33.5 mpg. Not bad...

Congratulations on the purchase. I think it is one of the best-looking wagons I have seen.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Guess what I brought home today...    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2012 01:16
according2kev wrote:
Congrats on the TSX. I'm not a wagon fan but I must say that one has a substantial look on the road.

I went to check out the RDX this past weekend (nice!) and also sat in a TSX. Had the V6 been available when I bought my Accord, I would have a TSX sedan ;-(.

How about a pic or two? No one ever post pics of their new rides.

Haven't had time to shoot a pic yet. I'm not going to be able to get any until next week. I'll put some up then.
CarGuyLee
Profile for CarGuyLee
Re: Guess what I brought home today...    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2012 08:48
Congrats on the TSX, I would love a small-midsize wagon for daily driver. Hopefully there will be more options out there in a couple of years when it will be time for one. I love the idea of the Mazda 5, you can pick them up so cheap used, and they have decent utility. Just wish they got a little better MPG.
DavidJ
Profile for DavidJ
Re: Guess what I brought home today...    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2012 09:10
Jeff wrote:

Congratulations.

I remember your biggest gripe about the TSX was its steering feel. Did it improve in the wagon or you're just willing to live with it?
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: Guess what I brought home today...    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2012 09:45
Congratz man! Hope it serves u well.

btw, yesterday I bought used 06Accord EX-L, same color as yours kinda ;).
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Guess what I brought home today...    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2012 11:17
DavidJ wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Congratulations.

I remember your biggest gripe about the TSX was its steering feel. Did it improve in the wagon or you're just willing to live with it?

The S2000's steering feel is improved markedly by suspension braces (as is the NSX's, apparently). Just a thought...
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Guess what I brought home today...    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2012 11:24
You're killing me....

Our CRV is in the shop today.. a palm tree run into it... hopefully it won't get totalled because we need four cars (son took one to school..) and we can't get one from AHM in the short term..

So... looking at the prices, it's hard for us to pay for the TSX Tech... and my wife would like a Civic GX for the car pool stickers...

If we lose the CRV then we might end up taking the TSX wagon... we'll see.

Damn... kids are expensive... first the Odyssey now the CRV. And on top of that, their college.