[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2015 CR-V goes on sale tomorrow. Full details released.
More.......................
All-new Honda Civic Type R: unrivalled against the brand's iconic performance flagship models
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
TLX --> Re: Picked up my GLM V6 Tech!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Honda F1 Leadership?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Honda F1 Leadership?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 rumors
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: latest CTR details
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2015 Euro CR-V Good News!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Big Year for HondaUK in 2015! Euro CR-V
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: How many are on social media ?
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2016 ILX MMC spied with little camo
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: INDYCAR--Pagenaud defects! What is HPD's future?
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: Update on the HR-V
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: Any chance for manual ilx with tlx direct injected 2.4?
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX Tech vs Accord CVT Touring
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2015 CR-V Reviews
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: Touch Screen Climate Control
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Today's Reading Links > > Re: NEW SENTRA!

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2 3 4
Author
  Post New Thread
Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 13:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
What do you guys think? baby Altima. Could this be the Sentra to finally make it on peoples RADAR?

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 13:41
Nope, do not like that.
pezones
Profile for pezones
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 13:48
interior is very nice
longhorn
Profile for longhorn
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 13:52
With Versa selling so well, doesn't this become redundant?
sa3eedi
Profile for sa3eedi
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 14:11
sliding cupholder cover? Nissan must be browsing tov

Last edited by JeffX on 04-23-2012 16:06
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 14:23
DCR wrote:
Nope, do not like that.

Agreed! It 's another one of them hoopty bulging front fenders designs that looks like sh-t.
CarGuyLee
Profile for CarGuyLee
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 15:09
Interior looks nice, some of the exterior seems odd proportian wise.

To answer longhorn I think this is for people who think the Versa is ugly. But does it have more room than versa?
Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 15:20
Versa is so ugly I dunno how it sells. Probably only sells because its very low priced.

This sentra has a nice cohesive design. I like how the hood lines go into the grill seamlessly. I think this will help Nissan a lot. Since the current Sentra is so flop.
according2kev
Profile for according2kev
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 15:21
It looks ok I guess. Definitely better than the current model inside and out.

For some reason I get a Corolla vibe looking at the rear.
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 15:40
It’ll sit on Nissan’s B platform, which has underpinned the likes of the Nissan Juke, previous generation Nissan Versa, and Nissan Cube, all vehicles known for their small-on-the-outside, big-on-the-inside appeal.

Read more: http://blogs.automotive.com/2013-nissan-sentra-teased-ahead-of%e2%80%94oh-nevermind-here-it-is-in-beijing-91117.html#ixzz1stUpImkf

Is this forward or backward, downsizing or recycling?
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 16:11
Powered by Honda wrote:
What do you guys think? baby Altima. Could this be the Sentra to finally make it on peoples RADAR?

this is the only image of the exterior that looks remotely ok to me. Otherwise the only thing nice that I can say about it is that it does look better than the current Sentra. The proportions look goofy, stubby.

The interior looks decent enough in the photo but as we've all found, it's pretty easy to make an interior look good in a photograph.
notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 16:13
superchg2 wrote:
DCR wrote:
Nope, do not like that.

Agreed! It 's another one of them hoopty bulging front fenders designs that looks like sh-t.

No kidding, what is up with these styling trends? I hate to say it, but it seems to me that a lot of Japanese car company stylists must all read the same magazines and hear about the same styling trends at the same time and they all try to incorporate them. Is there a company out there that publishes what the upcoming "hot" styling features are going to be just like those that publish the "hot" colors?

I think some people need to stop following the trends. I'm no fan or Kia or Hyundai styling, but at least they've departed (largely) from their "copy the best seller" method to some original stuff.

On the Sentra, like the interior (reminds me a little of the Infiniti M done in lower quality materials) and I'm sure it'll outsell the current model, but it won't be on its looks.

SC
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 16:22
The FAKE wood screams CHEAP!...Shoulda used black plastic with some texture..
typer_801
Profile for typer_801
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 16:39
Agreed on the wood, but the rest of the car isn't bad. Much better than the current car and nice for the segment.

Not sure how well that exterior design will age, but the interior save the wood and somewhat cheap instrument cluster gauges look good to me.

BachelorFrog wrote:
The FAKE wood screams CHEAP!...Shoulda used black plastic with some texture..

Trip
Profile for Trip
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 16:40
notyper wrote:
superchg2 wrote:
DCR wrote:
Nope, do not like that.

No kidding, what is up with these styling trends? I hate to say it, but it seems to me that a lot of Japanese car company stylists must all read the same magazines and hear about the same styling trends at the same time and they all try to incorporate them. Is there a company out there that publishes what the upcoming "hot" styling features are going to be just like those that publish the "hot" colors?

I think some people need to stop following the trends. I'm no fan or Kia or Hyundai styling, but at least they've departed (largely) from their "copy the best seller" method to some original stuff.

On the Sentra, like the interior (reminds me a little of the Infiniti M done in lower quality materials) and I'm sure it'll outsell the current model, but it won't be on its looks.

SC

I agree about the recent styling trends – mostly because the entire designs don’t pull all the individual details together. Individual elements look like after thoughts and looking at entire vehicles is like looking at a hodgepodge of random ideas.

Overall, I like the Sentra in the pics. Would have to reserve final judgement for an in person look. Initially, the design looks much more appealing than the Civic.

The front fender thing does seem to be a common idea across car makers… Sentra’s front fender, the RLX’s front fender, and to a lesser degree the rear wheel well on the Accord Coupe concept and the ILX. Even on the current TL, the “hump” in the front fender or the ZDX’s rear wheel well hump also seem out of place. Some of these designs are but ugly from nose to tail so not one coyote ugly offense stands out.

IMO Mazda is one of the few that’s been able to pull off the “swoopy” fender thing:

PGH
Profile for PGH
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 16:44
Not to bad, the interior reminds of the last gen Corolla and the exterior is so-so. On a postive ,it will sell more than the current model and we don't no how it drives. Most manufactures are putting alot of effort in this class of car.
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: NEW SENTRA!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-23-2012 16:47