[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
More.......................
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
More.......................
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
More.......................
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
More.......................
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
More.......................
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
More.......................
American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
More.......................
This is probably the very first look at the 2016 Pilot. Spied by a TOV member in So Cal.
More.......................
Strictly Technical --> Re: N22B
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: My test-drive in 2.4 TLX Base
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Wife and I test drove a TLX 4cyl with Tech pkg.
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Driven 6cylinder Advanced.
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Beware
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Weight distribution
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: I drove the TLX V6 Tech
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Wife and I test drove a TLX 4cyl with Tech pkg.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Wife and I test drove a TLX 4cyl with Tech pkg.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Dodge unveils 204 mph Charger Hellcat
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Competition heating up
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Hell Wombat
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX favorable reviews
Join Discussion......
TLX --> TLX production
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: DCTs on TOV?
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
Read Article....................
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Insight > > Re: My new round-trip record - 63.5 MPG!

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2] 3 4
Author
  Post New Thread
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2012 20:35
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
P54 wrote:
TonyE wrote: "BTW- my new commute is 3.2 miles, dealing with 11 lights and going over two hills. It sucks."


Sounds like the perfect commute....on your feet or on a bicycle. Soon you will find out it does not suck at all. You will be in better shape, you will not need to spend money at a fitness center and you will save money by using the car less. Sounds like a winner to me.




You sound like my wife....

I've gone three (no four!!!) days without a cigar... Ay!
P54
Profile for P54
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2012 21:29
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TonyE wrote:
P54 wrote:
TonyE wrote: "BTW- my new commute is 3.2 miles, dealing with 11 lights and going over two hills. It sucks."


Sounds like the perfect commute....on your feet or on a bicycle. Soon you will find out it does not suck at all. You will be in better shape, you will not need to spend money at a fitness center and you will save money by using the car less. Sounds like a winner to me.




You sound like my wife....

I've gone three (no four!!!) days without a cigar... Ay!



A good wife is a gift from God and listening to good advice from your wife makes a better marriage. Remember, a godly wife is a help for the man. One day when you have exercised your body to a healthier state and lost the taste for smoking you will ask yourself how in the world could I enjoy those cigars back then. And your commute on your legs will be time you appreciate and you will be so refreshed you will forever be thankful to your wife for her good advice to you. (Don't forget, to listen to your wife is by acting upon it, the more so when you got a second witness).:)
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2012 03:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TonyE wrote:
So, as happy as I am for you two, your commutes are simply not that realistic. Short and flat. Huh?
Interesting comment, at first glance sounds a bit condescending and dismissive (Ömaybe itís just me). My commute is what it is and itís all I have to work with; about 24 miles round-trip (apparently not enough for you). I wonder what your point is; cease and desist?

A few weeks ago I started tracking my FE and posting. Then Daniel invited me to participate in the FE database and beat his real world record. After that, Call_In posted a super high score IMO in this thread (61.4 MPG!) and with it, he joined me in my race for high FE commutes. Jeff noted it shouldn't really count because it was a one-way score (mine were round trips). He said it needs to be a round trip to fully account for any elevation gain or loss each way. So, I challenged Call_In to post round-trips, but he said it might not work for him, so I decided to also start posting one-way commute scores to level the playing field a little bit for me and as a result my numbers climbed much closer to his range.

After saying he might not be able to, Call_In surprisingly posted and insanely high round-trip commute of 62.0 which placed him at the top. Call_Inís round trip commute is 63 miles (I know, too short in your view and therefore unrealistic).

To imply that our numbers are too high because our commutes are too short itís actually misleading. My problem is precisely that I arrive to my destination too soon, while my numbers are still climbing. Flat terrain on the other hand, does offer major FE benefits but in this case is not unfair to any of us competing so no worries here.

Remember, we are not claiming these MPG numbers are the norm. You like getting high FE while driving fast and thatís great. But we, are striving for the highest numbers we can achieve even if it means cruising at 45 MPH and in my case; shooting for the slowest lane on the freeway hoping for heavy-but-flowing-traffic to coast at those speeds without obstructing anyone behind me.

Definitely, a more accurate and relevant measure of FE performance is recorded in danielgrís TOV users Real World FE database in which lifetime MPG records are kept (tank after tank no trip computer MPG numbers) no argument there. Thatís why I was surprised you and Andrew donít participate.

Still, these round-trip and one-way commute high scores are motivating to us and sufficiently realistic in their own right since they are based on fixed commute distances - either Ĺ or full length - not just short random portions that might look great in isolation. Interestingly, Danielís numbers as well as Call_Inís, and mine are actually very close which makes our participation not only quite compatible but also enthralling.

I wonder how long will a commute have to be to qualify as realistic in your book and if then you would be able to find any value in this exercise.

Enjoy your new 3 mile trip to work.
Call_In
Profile for Call_In
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2012 08:31
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Hondasrule, congrats on the 64.3. I am anxious for you to get enough data into spritmonitor to appear on he chart.

Tony, I have never really been an 80 mph guy even when I had my Si's. Obviously from a scientific standpoint there is nothing that can be taken from this thread, but it has started a discussion on what works for who and how to go about things.
On a side note Tony how do you like the Bridgestone Ecopia's? How does the mileage compare to stock tires? I have put close to 45k miles on the insight with only minimal wear but I have been looking at replacing them before this coming winter and have been trying to gather opinions.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2012 16:02
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
P54 wrote:
TonyE wrote:
P54 wrote:
TonyE wrote: "BTW- my new commute is 3.2 miles, dealing with 11 lights and going over two hills. It sucks."


Sounds like the perfect commute....on your feet or on a bicycle. Soon you will find out it does not suck at all. You will be in better shape, you will not need to spend money at a fitness center and you will save money by using the car less. Sounds like a winner to me.




You sound like my wife....

I've gone three (no four!!!) days without a cigar... Ay!



A good wife is a gift from God and listening to good advice from your wife makes a better marriage. Remember, a godly wife is a help for the man. One day when you have exercised your body to a healthier state and lost the taste for smoking you will ask yourself how in the world could I enjoy those cigars back then. And your commute on your legs will be time you appreciate and you will be so refreshed you will forever be thankful to your wife for her good advice to you. (Don't forget, to listen to your wife is by acting upon it, the more so when you got a second witness).:)




Aach! We're going on 27 years... so trust me, I've listened to her.

The trick on giving advice is to heed the line between advising and nagging... besides cigars are not "smoking"...

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2012 16:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Call_In wrote:
Hondasrule, congrats on the 64.3. I am anxious for you to get enough data into spritmonitor to appear on he chart.

Tony, I have never really been an 80 mph guy even when I had my Si's. Obviously from a scientific standpoint there is nothing that can be taken from this thread, but it has started a discussion on what works for who and how to go about things.
On a side note Tony how do you like the Bridgestone Ecopia's? How does the mileage compare to stock tires? I have put close to 45k miles on the insight with only minimal wear but I have been looking at replacing them before this coming winter and have been trying to gather opinions.



OK.. OK... not condescending here... just trying to make the point that getting fantastic mileage on a a short and flat commute is not that difficult. And that those numbers are nowhere typical.

My old commute, OTOH, was not typical either... being rather extreme in distance (with light traffic however) and almost entirely on freeways/interstates where regeneration is not that prevalent... so the mileage on that commute is likely more realistic with the published Highway numbers.

The Ecopias have a very different feel from the Michelin Xs (those were aftermarket, the OEMs were those awful Dunlops).

1) I noticed that on an "off throttle" condition the car does not immediately slow down but keeps "rolling on"....
2) The sound is higher.
3) There a bit more higher frequency vibration coming on, without being harsh.
4) The steering is a little bit lighter.
5) Mileage is about 10% better than the Michelin Xs.
6) The battery stays charged a lot more.
7) IMA recharges a lot more. Before, while cruising at 80mph, IMA would never charge, but now I see a green bar quite often.
8) Handling is about the same as the Michelins with no more/less understeer and very good grip on turns. When they slide they give you good warning and it's easy to control the tail. The OEM Dunlops were almost criminal on this...


Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-31-2012 17:01
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TonyE wrote:
[...]OK.. OK... not condescending here... just trying to make the point that getting fantastic mileage on a a short and flat commute is not that difficult. And that those numbers are nowhere typical.
Iím glad to hear that Tony, thanks for the reply. True, these numbers are not typical but we are still trying to push the limits within these unrealistically favorable conditions anyway just to find out how far up these can actually go. We must hit a ceiling at some point and we are curious.

These are certainly ďcannedĒ sessions and I view them as laps in an experimental track (if you will), with random traffic loads and about 26 roundtrip traffic lights to deal with (in my case). The lap lengths are consistent (round trip = 23 miles, one-way 11.7). So, competing against myself is quite balanced.

Now, since Call_Inís unrealistically high numbers happen to be within a close range of mine - even though his test track characteristics are different - we are informally competing for fun and to motivate each other to push the envelope. As Call_In said "...from a scientific standpoint there is nothing that can be taken from this thread" and I completely agree.

Your point is well taken and Iíll be adding a permanent note in my scores to make your observation clear to casual readers of this thread. I implemented one already after Jeff voiced his concerns regarding idiotic hypermiling.

Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-31-2012 17:35
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Call_In wrote:
Hondasrule, congrats on the 64.3. I am anxious for you to get enough data into spritmonitor to appear on he chart.

Tony, I have never really been an 80 mph guy even when I had my Si's. Obviously from a scientific standpoint there is nothing that can be taken from this thread, but it has started a discussion on what works for who and how to go about things.
On a side note Tony how do you like the Bridgestone Ecopia's? How does the mileage compare to stock tires? I have put close to 45k miles on the insight with only minimal wear but I have been looking at replacing them before this coming winter and have been trying to gather opinions.
Call_In, I'm not sure if you know this but Honda switched to Bridgestone Ecopias EP422 for the 2012 Insight. I don't know if they do this nation wide but mine came with them (I live in California). They are a little wider than yours after the MMC (185s as opposed to 175s). It seems Honda views them as an upgrade. Thanks for the kudos...
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My new Round-Trip commute record - 59.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-31-2012 18:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
One tick below my current goal of 60.0 MPG. Call_In remains the round-trip leader with 62.0!



Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: My new Round-Trip commute record - 59.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-01-2012 10:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I'll chime in here with the suggestion that many of the reasonable tactics used by hypermilers should be used by all drivers. I'm no hypermiler but I do prefer a smooth relaxed drive to and from work and I find a large number of folks around me in traffic can be mistaken for complete idiots. Try counting how many times the person in front of you who is tailgating the person in front of them touches their brakes. And watch for the people who never do seem to pick a single speed and then drive it. I think Americans in general could reduce their usage of gasoiline quite a bit but simply driving smarter in traffic.
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My new Round-Trip commute record - 59.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-01-2012 14:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Grace141 wrote:
I'll chime in here with the suggestion that many of the reasonable tactics used by hypermilers should be used by all drivers. I'm no hypermiler but I do prefer a smooth relaxed drive to and from work and I find a large number of folks around me in traffic can be mistaken for complete idiots. Try counting how many times the person in front of you who is tailgating the person in front of them touches their brakes. And watch for the people who never do seem to pick a single speed and then drive it. I think Americans in general could reduce their usage of gasoline quite a bit but simply driving smarter in traffic.
Thanks for posting Grace141; excellent points. Exactly what I strive for; during stop-and-go-traffic on the fwy, people in front of me will rush to 25 mph and make a complete stop over and over. I search for a constant speed using subtle throttle corrections that allows me to keep up without using the brakes. Drivers behind me initially puzzled (specially truck drivers), get it after a cycle or two and do not pressure me into joining the stupid cycle. With that I also feel we are normalizing the lane speed behind us and benefiting other drivers.
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 01:10
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Call_In wrote:
[...]One thing that I have found that kind of seems counter intuitive is that under light load conditions a lot of the time it is better to try to be in gas only mode instead of electric only. This will conserve your electric until you need it instead of using additional gas to recharge. I find the power diagram the best MID display to be on when you are still learning the car. [...]
Call_In, I think it's funny but it is until now that this comment really makes sense to me. Thanks for sharing I'll start practicing it now. I've learned to tell if it's in electric-only mode by the needle being at one tick on assist and the MPG at 100. I've noticed a small change in throttle pressure will cancel it. Thanks!
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 17:05
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Hondasrule wrote:
Call_In wrote:
[...]One thing that I have found that kind of seems counter intuitive is that under light load conditions a lot of the time it is better to try to be in gas only mode instead of electric only. This will conserve your electric until you need it instead of using additional gas to recharge. I find the power diagram the best MID display to be on when you are still learning the car. [...]
Call_In, I think it's funny but it is until now that this comment really makes sense to me. Thanks for sharing I'll start practicing it now. I've learned to tell if it's in electric-only mode by the needle being at one tick on assist and the MPG at 100. I've noticed a small change in throttle pressure will cancel it. Thanks!




What's really cool is going down a hill at 80 mph and seeing the mileage at 100mpg... kid you not.

With the Michelins I would see this just a little bit, but with the Ecopias I saw this on even very gentle down hills... where I would crest and the car would for quite a few seconds keep going at 80 mph without any power input from the powertrain.

Heck, in one part of the old commute, there were these two long downhills and with the Ecopias it was a hoot seeing that for almost the whole drive. I should have shot some video of that.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 17:13
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
P54 wrote:
TonyE wrote:
P54 wrote:
TonyE wrote: "BTW- my new commute is 3.2 miles, dealing with 11 lights and going over two hills. It sucks."


Sounds like the perfect commute....on your feet or on a bicycle. Soon you will find out it does not suck at all. You will be in better shape, you will not need to spend money at a fitness center and you will save money by using the car less. Sounds like a winner to me.




You sound like my wife....

I've gone three (no four!!!) days without a cigar... Ay!



A good wife is a gift from God and listening to good advice from your wife makes a better marriage. Remember, a godly wife is a help for the man. One day when you have exercised your body to a healthier state and lost the taste for smoking you will ask yourself how in the world could I enjoy those cigars back then. And your commute on your legs will be time you appreciate and you will be so refreshed you will forever be thankful to your wife for her good advice to you. (Don't forget, to listen to your wife is by acting upon it, the more so when you got a second witness).:)



I walked to work yesterday. I must admit you are right. I feel better than I have felt for years!

I think I'm going to start commuting on my feet a few times a week.

Now I just need some Honda shoes. I hear they are lighter on your feet, last longer and don't require much maintenance.

PS- I ignore the Acura shoes.. they have an ugly silver "lip" on them. ;-D

Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My new round-trip record - 59.9 MPG?    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-05-2012 00:53
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Today I had my most frugal commute to work so far (56.0 MPG) and a good chance to beat my 59.9 round-trip score. When I got home and stopped the car, the display showed 60.0 MPG and just before I took the picture it changed to 59.9!!!

Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My new round-trip record - 60.3 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-08-2012 14:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Friday I had my best commute to work ever (57.6) and a real chance to achieve my round-trip goal of 60 MPG!


Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My Real World progress...    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2012 10:56
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Yesterday I reached 2000 miles which gets me 1/3 of the way towards being included in the TOV users Real World database table and I also entered my 5th fill up in Spritmonitor!
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My Real World progress...    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-17-2012 11:12
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
...oops, I meant to say "2/3 of the way".

I've noticed the trip computer is more accurate during highway driving where its optimism has dropped to about 1.8 mpg over (this has happened for two tanks where I drove 75% and 50% highway respectively) while my mixed driving tanks have been 2.8 mpg higher than manual tracking.

Call_In, at 2.8 mpg its basically the same as what you experience with your Insight.
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: My round-trip commute record to date - 58.6 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-18-2012 15:35
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Call_In wrote:
Alright, so my pride wouldn't let you get away with outdoing me.


This is my roundtrip mileage from yesterday.
Jeff, I understand your comments and agree that round trip totals are better criteria to judge best trip on for the reasons that you stated, but I did look up elevation numbers because I have wondered before on which trip I should get better mileage on.
According to internet sources I live at about 320 feet above sea level and my work site is around 350 ft above sea level. In the middle of my commute I cross the potomac river which is at 250 feet above sea level at that point. The speed limit varies from 45-55-65, each for about a third of the trip.
I think I may be able to beat Daniel's best trip if I had those 37 mph speed limits :) (And considering my vehicle I should be able to.)



That's getting close to all the EVs available on the market! How much do you pay/how often do you fuel up? :)
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: My round-trip commute record to date - 58.6 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-18-2012 15:56
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Yesterday I got dropped at work in the morning and walked back from work in the afternoon... the Civic Hybrid stayed in the garage... hmm.. that's like 6.3 miles / 0 gallons... OOOOPSS!

Division by zero!!! ;-)

I even smoked a cigar on the way back.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: My round-trip commute record to date - 58.6 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-18-2012 16:09
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TonyE wrote:
Yesterday I got dropped at work in the morning and walked back from work in the afternoon... the Civic Hybrid stayed in the garage... hmm.. that's like 6.3 miles / 0 gallons... OOOOPSS!

Division by zero!!! ;-)

I even smoked a cigar on the way back.



Tony, I didn't know they allowed cigar smoking in Irvine, what with the Cali clean air regs and all!
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: My round-trip commute record to date - 58.6 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-18-2012 17:42
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
superchg2 wrote:
TonyE wrote:
Yesterday I got dropped at work in the morning and walked back from work in the afternoon... the Civic Hybrid stayed in the garage... hmm.. that's like 6.3 miles / 0 gallons... OOOOPSS!

Division by zero!!! ;-)

I even smoked a cigar on the way back.





Tony, I didn't know they allowed cigar smoking in Irvine, what with the Cali clean air regs and all!



I'm in Orange County, not LA, the People's Republic of Santa Monica nor The Socialist Mexican Enclave of Los Angeles. :-P

Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My new round-trip record - 62.5 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-20-2012 01:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Call_In, you and Daniel have been very motivating. The effects of your challenging posts, friendly comments and high scores have definitely pushed the envelope for me. I remember posting my first figure in this thread (54.6) thinking I was getting pretty close to my ceiling and that you guys were untouchable.

Your 62.0 round-trip record was quite shocking and I've been sweating it for almost a month trying to beat it. That was quite an incentive, thanks.



...at least for now, I've taken the round-trip lead my friend :)
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My new one-way record - 65.5 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2012 15:11
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
This one and the previous score relied on increased cruise control assistance on flat areas which I turn off as soon as I detect a slight decline to avoid engine-motor braking with their resulting loss of momentum. As always, the driving environment must be favorable enough.

ÖI keep getting surprised by it.

JimmyEats
Profile for JimmyEats
Re: My new one-way record - 65.5 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2012 22:36
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I think you should buy a bike. They get even better MPG. A gallon of food can easily take you 100+ miles.

Only kidding. Enjoy your Insight!

In my 06 Civic EX sedan I once got 42 mpg highway, driving 110 miles without traffic mid day. I was happy with that.


Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My new one-way record - 65.5 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2012 00:06
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Thanks for the post JimmyEats, when I got it I thought I should be able to manage EPA's 42mpg combined and I would have been quite happy with that. This is just icing on the cake and extremely engaging!

...keep in mind these display scores are about 2.8mpg optimistic but I rather live with that than eating a gallon of food and walking a 100 miles :)
Call_In
Profile for Call_In
Re: My new one-way record - 65.5 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2012 08:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I have to say I'm impressed. You are getting dangerously close to hitting 70 MPG. How did the return trip go? I haven't been resetting my trip B lately, but I can tell you that yesterday was a miserable day in the northeast (40's and raining all day) and I barely cracked 50 MPG on my commute.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: My new one-way record - 65.5 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-24-2012 23:00
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Call_In wrote:
I have to say I'm impressed. You are getting dangerously close to hitting 70 MPG. How did the return trip go? I haven't been resetting my trip B lately, but I can tell you that yesterday was a miserable day in the northeast (40's and raining all day) and I barely cracked 50 MPG on my commute.


Yes... rain really wrecks the mileage.

In my 06 HCH I noticed that rain (with the Michelin Xs) would drop the mileage by as much as 4 mpg.

I have not had a chance to look at it with the new BSs.
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My new one-way record - 65.5 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2012 00:07
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Call_In wrote:
I have to say I'm impressed. You are getting dangerously close to hitting 70 MPG. How did the return trip go? I haven't been resetting my trip B lately, but I can tell you that yesterday was a miserable day in the northeast (40's and raining all day) and I barely cracked 50 MPG on my commute.
The return trip was great, of course with so many variables at play a few things make me think I might get lucky again; first, the tank was virtually full, also I had to make at least one complete stop on the freeway, and if I were to get an additional traffic signal or two on green I might do better (the thing is, an equivalent number of favorable variables present on my 65.5 session would also have to be there).

...I donít know about 70 but for now 66 seems like a possibility :)
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My new round-trip record - 63.5 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-25-2012 01:10
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Iíve been quite fortunately recently and this morning was no exception. My commute to work was 58.5mpg and my best so far (was 57.6) which offered a huge opportunity to beat my current 62.5 round-trip score from last Thursday!

 
Thread Page - 1 [2] 3 4
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy