[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
New footage of the NSX testing on the Nordschleife
More.......................
2016 ILX and 2015 HR-V to debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
New Acura and Honda Products Fuel Surge in September Automobile Sales
2015 CR-V goes on sale tomorrow. Full details released.
All-new Honda Civic Type R: unrivalled against the brand's iconic performance flagship models
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
TLX --> Re: TLX V6 SH-AWD vs Volvo S60 T6
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: Brazil's HR-V unveiled with R18+CVT (likely same as NA)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: SUV for Rough urban roads?
Join Discussion......
TSX --> Re: Last day driving a TSX
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: R&T Article on the Current State of F1
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Fiat finally ditches Ferrari
Join Discussion......
RL / Legend --> Re: 2015 Honda Legend
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Civic Type-R sighting? 30/10/2014
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda UNI-CUB featured in OK GO's new music video
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Facelifted Euro 2015 Honda Civic
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: New Hyundai Sonata = flop?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Big Year for HondaUK in 2015! Euro CR-V
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Good news from the ashes!!!!
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: ASCC based CLX with Acura Sport (Mystery Concept)
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Look what just arrived!
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: Honda Hurries to ReDo Civic

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author
  Post New Thread
Mr. Taggart
Profile for Mr. Taggart
Re: Honda Hurries to ReDo Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-01-2011 18:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
CR-V9 wrote:
If you buy a controlling amount of shares you can get to tell them what to do. Not rich? Don't blame Ito.
I like Ito. I think Mendel is doing a good job, too.(i need a job. maybe one at Honda?)

I wonder what was it like. What was the French Revolution like? Khmer Rouge? Fire everybody and reboot the company? People's commitee? Only if the people's commitee can tell Honda what to do. It's a business company, though.
No, I'm nobody. What I say don't matter. Honda is not listening here. If they do, that is the problem!

Did I say I like Ito? I mean Mr. Ito.

Yeah Ito is leading Honda stock price to a seven year low. Great job. And btw whatever each of individually think doesn't matter but will eventually be felt as a collective impact at some point in the next couple of years. Don't think the cratering stock price is only based on current events but also the long term outlook for earnings which cotinues to trend down.

But I would recommend you for the Honda job as I am sure you can put your head in the sand like the rest of the staff. Maybe the ostrich should be the company bird.
Ultima
Profile for Ultima
Re: Honda Hurries to ReDo Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-01-2011 18:52
Powered by Honda wrote:
Future Wiki article under Ito's name:

"the man who destroyed honda's soul" Ito!

X2 I will continue to root for Honda's failure until this idiot is fired. Flame on Honda fanboys.
CR-V9
Profile for CR-V9
Re: Honda Hurries to ReDo Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-01-2011 19:16
7 year low? It was at $16.68 on April 2003. the lowest in last 7 years. Today it closed at $30.10.
? ? ?
You could sell short if you think it will go down to the 7 year low.

Oh... that's where sands in my ears, mouth, nose and hair came from ...
Carmissimo
Profile for Carmissimo
Re: Honda Hurries to ReDo Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2011 06:37
In a time when money is tight, what you would have is folks who would be looking at an Accord consider stepping down to a Civic. Hence the goal should have been to engineer the Civic closer to the Accord for Civic prices, not to take the Civic further downstream.

But hey, what do I know. No one is paying me to market stuff.
Phil17
Profile for Phil17
Re: Honda Hurries to ReDo Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2011 12:00
Guys, I'm just wondering out of curiosity... Why would honda confirm that the MMN would arrive earlier? Doesn't that just kill the sale of the existing civic since ppl would:

a) hold out
b) think the Civic is bad considering they're changing it so quickly

I'm just not sure it makes any business sense...I do think the new civic sells pretty well in Canada. Seen a lot of them but there are good incentives on it unlike previous first year Honda's that sold at MSRP
Mr. Taggart
Profile for Mr. Taggart
Re: Honda Hurries to ReDo Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2011 12:44
CR-V9 wrote:
7 year low? It was at $16.68 on April 2003. the lowest in last 7 years. Today it closed at $30.10.
? ? ?

Sorry meant five year and if you look at Oct ending share price to this year October share price they are approximately the same. So seeing I bought in 2000 for 18 and if I had not sold earlier for 38 this year my return would have been 12/ share instead of 20 so my 11 year non compounded return which was 10.1% per year would have been 6.06% which is not any better than muni bonds were paying at the time. Or you can look at it another way that Honda has wiped out any appreciation it has had over the past five years.

The point still remains that Honda continues to a value destroyer and not creator at this point in time according to the market.

What does the sand in your ears think about that?
cforez
Profile for cforez
Re: Honda Hurries to ReDo Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2011 14:42
HMC hit an all time high right before the earthquake/tsunami hit. If you bought Honda when the stock got sucked down by the the failure of the Big Three in 2008 (at a time when Honda was having record sales), you would have more than doubled your money at the peak, and are still making over a 50% return plus dividends today.
Mr. Taggart
Profile for Mr. Taggart
Re: Honda Hurries to ReDo Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2011 14:57
cforez wrote:
HMC hit an all time high right before the earthquake/tsunami hit. If you bought Honda when the stock got sucked down by the the failure of the Big Three in 2008 (at a time when Honda was having record sales), you would have more than doubled your money at the peak, and are still making over a 50% return plus dividends today.

Sure, if you were buying the stock for pure speculation. If speculating why even buy a stock when you can leverage your assets by puts or calls? I bought for long term value and I do not see it returning to previous levels, hence I sold. Which was an answer to a question posed by a previous poster.
CR-V9
Profile for CR-V9
Re: Honda Hurries to ReDo Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2011 15:34
Mr. Taggart wrote:
CR-V9 wrote:
? ? ?

Sorry meant five year and if you look at Oct ending share price to this year October share price they are approximately the same. So seeing I bought in 2000 for 18 and if I had not sold earlier for 38 this year my return would have been 12/ share instead of 20 so my 11 year non compounded return which was 10.1% per year would have been 6.06% which is not any better than muni bonds were paying at the time. Or you can look at it another way that Honda has wiped out any appreciation it has had over the past five years.

The point still remains that Honda continues to a value destroyer and not creator at this point in time according to the market.

What does the sand in your ears think about that?

Hey, you made money. You probably know about stocks more than I do. If I knew I wouldn't be driving a CR-V, used one. I'd be driving a NSX, S2k, Bentley, Porche and an Accord with a TL-S's engine & suspension, oh and an 1.5l IMA Insight to go around my estate, main house to tea house.

What I know is that Only prices which matter are at what price I bought and at what price I sold. Buy low, sell high; sell high, buy back low in case of short selling.
There is no use for ifs, buts, could have beens, would have beens, should have beens and what you think?s.
Another one is you don't fall in love with the company.

I don't know about Honda stocks. I don't think Honda would do any wrong.
CR-V9
Profile for CR-V9
Re: Honda Hurries to ReDo Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2011 15:47
I meant a Crosstour with a TL-S's engine & HFP suspension.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Honda Hurries to ReDo Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2011 16:42
CR-V9 wrote:
I meant a Crosstour with a TL-S's engine & HFP suspension.

That's already been done!
CR-V9
Profile for CR-V9
Re: Honda Hurries to ReDo Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2011 17:03
Oh man. Did I tell you I don't have the money.
If ... If ...
cforez
Profile for cforez
Re: Honda Hurries to ReDo Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2011 17:43
I'm a long-term shareholder too, also since 2000, and I saw that HMC was oversold in 2008, so I doubled down. That was my last HMC trade, so I'm no speculator. Sadly, my holdings are still relatively small potatoes.

I see right now as another buying opportunity, as Honda's problems, catering to car enthusiasts notwithstanding, are due to temporary production constraints caused by the tsunami in Japan and the flooding in Thailand. Once Honda gets its production sorted, I bet HMC will be a $40 stock again sometime in the next year or two- good for a 30% gain. maybe I should pick up some more shares...

Mr. Taggart
Profile for Mr. Taggart
Re: Honda Hurries to ReDo Civic    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-02-2011 23:51
cforez wrote:
I'm a long-term shareholder too, also since 2000, and I saw that HMC was oversold in 2008, so I doubled down. That was my last HMC trade, so I'm no speculator. Sadly, my holdings are still relatively small potatoes.

I see right now as another buying opportunity, as Honda's problems, catering to car enthusiasts notwithstanding, are due to temporary production constraints caused by the tsunami in Japan and the flooding in Thailand. Once Honda gets its production sorted, I bet HMC will be a $40 stock again sometime in the next year or two- good for a 30% gain. maybe I should pick up some more shares...

I wish I was as optimistic but explain to me how Honda is going to recover a HUGE loss of market share they have lost and are continuing to lose? How are they planning on luring back all of the lost customers with what a decontented civic that Ito has now decIded they have to reboot? It reminds me of apple and the 4g antenna problem. Nothing wrong with the product just stupid end users. Wait there is an issue and a fix and if you already bought too bad.

So Honda needs to either:
Provide more relative value vs. it's competitors which given the yen and reliance on Japan for key components
Or
Sells vehicles at a significant discount dragging down margins and profitability (and all Honda resale values to boot)
Or
Source more US components so cars can be sold at a lower price point which the way Honda is acting is not an option.

Given this explain why you expect cash flows to increase or company strategic risk to decrease; either would increase the stock
price.

Forget the whole green push and associated loss of performance oriented customers for now.