[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2016 ILX and 2015 HR-V to debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
More.......................
New Acura and Honda Products Fuel Surge in September Automobile Sales
2015 CR-V goes on sale tomorrow. Full details released.
All-new Honda Civic Type R: unrivalled against the brand's iconic performance flagship models
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
Today's Reading Links --> Honda, in wake of 5th Fit recall, appoints first quality czar; Ito takes 20% pay cut
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord Euro - Axed
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: WTF!? Honda AXES Euro ACCORD
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord LX or Sport - Canada
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: AWD in RDX/2015 and Forester/2015
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: More TLX reviews, Edmunds (V6), Motortrend (I4)
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Driving 2015 SH-AWD TLX this week
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Saw a 2015 CR-V today
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla P85D: AWD, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Project TLX 2.4
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: Acura RLX SH-AWD Quick Review
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Big Year for HondaUK in 2015! Euro CR-V
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Diesels bad?
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX(CLX)Coupe
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: Acura RLX Reviews
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Insight > > Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2 3 4
Author
  Post New Thread
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
My record MPG to date!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-13-2012 01:25
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Every morning I reset Trip B to monitor FE for the day. I like to reset it daily so I can try to compensate promptly if things aren't going too well.

This one is not a typical reading for me even though it's my second commute score in the 54s (had the car a little over three weeks now). It normally fluctuates between 49 and 52.

Sometimes everything just seems to fall into place and results like this can happen. I know the trip computer is a bit optimistic but it's always exciting to look at numbers like these.

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: My record MPG to date!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-13-2012 04:30
1st) Congrats !
2nd) But it's still too early for you to give up in doing better. For once I've got nearly 60mpg on my work commute with the CR-Z
http://vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=923366

(actually since I posted that pic I've done better, but stopped taking pics all the time)

PS: Again don't take this bad, just teasing you ! (there is nothing like a Japanese country side commute for high FE ;) )
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My record MPG to date!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2012 00:02
danielgr wrote:
1st) Congrats !
2nd) But it's still too early for you to give up in doing better. [...]

PS: Again don't take this bad, just teasing you ! (there is nothing like a Japanese country side commute for high FE ;) )

1. Thanks!
2. Who said Iím giving up? I intend to keep posting as I break this record (is that what your ďÖjust teasing you!Ē is referring to or was it the Japanese country side commute remark? either way your funny.

But, on a more serious note I wouldnít be so calm about my numbers if I were you :)

While itís hard for me to think that beating your 61 MPG record is something I might be able to achieve in my driving environment, Iím sure you agree that Real World FE could be viewed as more transcendental, and that my friend is where I actually have a real world chance to make you sweat a little bit.

So, prepare for the event and when that happens, please donít give up ;)

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: My record MPG to date!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2012 13:27
Hondasrule wrote:
danielgr wrote:
1st) Congrats !

1. Thanks!
2. Who said Iím giving up? I intend to keep posting as I break this record (is that what your ďÖjust teasing you!Ē is referring to or was it the Japanese country side commute remark? either way your funny.

But, on a more serious note I wouldnít be so calm about my numbers if I were you :)

While itís hard for me to think that beating your 61 MPG record is something I might be able to achieve in my driving environment, Iím sure you agree that Real World FE could be viewed as more transcendental, and that my friend is where I actually have a real world chance to make you sweat a little bit.

Just keep in mind, when comparing a car that achieves 50mpg to one that achieves 60mpg, you are talking about a savings in consumption of about 1/3 of a gallon per 100 miles. That's just over a dollar savings per 100 miles for the 60mpg car. The difference between 40mpg and 50mpg is exactly a 1/2 gallon per 100 miles (~$1.80), and, as you can probably calculate, the difference in consumption between a 40mpg car and a 60mpg car is 5/6ths of a gallon per 100miles (that's a difference of $2.95 per 100 miles at the $3.55 per gallon it costs in my neighborhood today). So once you get above 40mpg, I'd say just be happy.
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: My record MPG to date!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2012 19:59
Jeff wrote:
Hondasrule wrote:
danielgr wrote:
1st) Congrats !

1. Thanks!

Just keep in mind, when comparing a car that achieves 50mpg to one that achieves 60mpg, you are talking about a savings in consumption of about 1/3 of a gallon per 100 miles. That's just over a dollar savings per 100 miles for the 60mpg car. The difference between 40mpg and 50mpg is exactly a 1/2 gallon per 100 miles (~$1.80), and, as you can probably calculate, the difference in consumption between a 40mpg car and a 60mpg car is 5/6ths of a gallon per 100miles (that's a difference of $2.95 per 100 miles at the $3.55 per gallon it costs in my neighborhood today). So once you get above 40mpg, I'd say just be happy.

I have an easy question to ask for people getting that kind of reasoning: So what do you get from being 1s faster over a race-track or to 62mph? Easy, unless you are making a living out of it nothing but your satisfaction knowing that "you've gone faster", "you've improved your skills", and that's it.

Personally, that's how I feel "fighting for my fuel efficiency". I couldn't care less about the money difference between 50mpg and 60mpg (not even in my country with gas prices above 7USD/gal), but 60mpg simple feels better. And once I reach 60, 70 will simply feel even better, and once I get rid of gasoline altogether and feel my H2 tank using electricity produced with my solar panels it'll feel even better, and then I will fight to use less H2, and so on.

It is a pretty basic human thing to set targets based on some desires (be them time around a race-track or mpg around your work commute), then seek satisfaction by improving one's performance on those matters. And yes, it's fun to be able to "race" not just on selected weekends but everytime you light up your car. And it's rewarding to have a real time measure of your performance.
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My record MPG to date!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-15-2012 01:27
danielgr wrote: I have an easy question to ask for people getting that kind of reasoning: So what do you get from being 1s faster over a race-track or to 62mph? Easy, unless you are making a living out of it nothing but your satisfaction knowing that "you've gone faster", "you've improved your skills", and that's it.
Exactly, couldn't agree with you more.

danielgr wrote: Personally, that's how I feel "fighting for my fuel efficiency". I couldn't care less about the money difference between 50mpg and 60mpg (not even in my country with gas prices above 7USD/gal), but 60mpg simple feels better. And once I reach 60, 70 will simply feel even better...
Once again IMO you're spot on. I bought the car thinking I might be able to get the EPA 42 MPG mixed driving and I'm extremely excited to be getting way more than that (looks like my Scangauge II training paid off). I never thought I could be realistically competing with you for the second spot in the real world FE database.

danielgr wrote: It is a pretty basic human thing to set targets based on some desires (be them time around a race-track or mpg around your work commute), then seek satisfaction by improving one's performance on those matters. And yes, it's fun to be able to "race" not just on selected weekends but everytime you light up your car. And it's rewarding to have a real time measure of your performance.
Every morning I try to give myself a little extra time and look forward to use as little fuel as I can to make it to work and back.

Jeff wrote: [...] So once you get above 40mpg, I'd say just be happy.
...if one is only looking to save money on gas yes, but excelling at FE can actually be quite exhilarating and challenging!

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: My record MPG to date!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-15-2012 08:25
danielgr wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Hondasrule wrote:
danielgr wrote:
1st) Congrats !

1. Thanks!

I have an easy question to ask for people getting that kind of reasoning: So what do you get from being 1s faster over a race-track or to 62mph? Easy, unless you are making a living out of it nothing but your satisfaction knowing that "you've gone faster", "you've improved your skills", and that's it.

Personally, that's how I feel "fighting for my fuel efficiency". I couldn't care less about the money difference between 50mpg and 60mpg (not even in my country with gas prices above 7USD/gal), but 60mpg simple feels better. And once I reach 60, 70 will simply feel even better, and once I get rid of gasoline altogether and feel my H2 tank using electricity produced with my solar panels it'll feel even better, and then I will fight to use less H2, and so on.

It is a pretty basic human thing to set targets based on some desires (be them time around a race-track or mpg around your work commute), then seek satisfaction by improving one's performance on those matters. And yes, it's fun to be able to "race" not just on selected weekends but everytime you light up your car. And it's rewarding to have a real time measure of your performance.

No, I understand all that. I put it up there more for some perspective for the casual reader of this thread who is looking at 54mpg vs 61mpg and thinking it's some tremendous difference. It's 0.2 gallons per 100 miles. Half of that could be still in the fuel hose when you pull the nozzle out of your filler (unless you're like me and sit there and maneuver the fuel hose around so that you get every last drop that you paid for).

Maximizing fuel economy is a noble pursuit indeed, but knowing human nature, and seeing firsthand the types of risks some "hypermilers" are willing to take on public roads, I just want to make sure normal people know what they're really shooting for before deciding to pull some of the fancier hypermiling tricks (I'm looking at you, Prius idiots who drive straight through side street stop signs directly into 50+mph traffic, doing 20mph and barely accelerating). I personally try to optimize my fuel economy every chance that I get, but I'm also not going to impose my objectives nor disrupt the daily activities of every other user on the road, just to eke out that last 1mpg. Mind you, I'm not aiming to imply that you or 'Hondasrule' do that.

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: My record MPG to date!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-15-2012 08:48
Jeff wrote:
[...]
No, I understand all that. I put it up there more for some perspective for the casual reader of this thread who is looking at 54mpg vs 61mpg and thinking it's some tremendous difference. It's 0.2 gallons per 100 miles. Half of that could be still in the fuel hose when you pull the nozzle out of your filler (unless you're like me and sit there and maneuver the fuel hose around so that you get every last drop that you paid for).

Maximizing fuel economy is a noble pursuit indeed, but knowing human nature, and seeing firsthand the types of risks some "hypermilers" are willing to take on public roads, I just want to make sure normal people know what they're really shooting for before deciding to pull some of the fancier hypermiling tricks (I'm looking at you, Prius idiots who drive straight through side street stop signs directly into 50+mph traffic, doing 20mph and barely accelerating). I personally try to optimize my fuel economy every chance that I get, but I'm also not going to impose my objectives nor disrupt the daily activities of every other user on the road, just to eke out that last 1mpg. Mind you, I'm not aiming to imply that you or 'Hondasrule' do that.
Then it seems we perfectly understand each other. Guess that is when some people come and prefer European style of writing FE figures. In the old world those 54 vs. 61mpg would be something like 4.3L/100km and 3.8L/100km, so it's pretty obvious for anyone that we are talking about 0.5L per 100km Ö

PS: The most funny thing on my FE is that for Japanese standards I'm an absolutely wild driver... Over here I see more people driving painfully slow in sport-cars than in Priuses... :P
Call_In
Profile for Call_In
Re: My record MPG to date!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-15-2012 09:11
Jeff,
I will conceded the fact that some people in hybrids will drive like they are the only ones on the road, then again that could be said for every make and model on the road.
I have found that driving while I am in my insight I seem to give off the impression that I am going too slow. I drive it much like I drive my wife's EP3 yet because of the cat back and intake she has on her car people following me tend to stay further back and do less of that "I am going to drive on your rear bumper until you realize you are going too slow" thing. Things like coasting to a red light instead of maintaining speed just to brake harder really irritate other drivers for some reason.
PS - Jeff if you are still participating in the fuel efficiency thing, I am sure you can do better. I had no problem getting 30MPG easily in my FA5, and a high of 37 MPG for an entire tank.
loveturtle
Profile for loveturtle
Re: My record MPG to date!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-15-2012 09:17
Jeff wrote:
(I'm looking at you, Prius idiots who drive straight through side street stop signs directly into 50+mph traffic, doing 20mph and barely accelerating)

There's something I've never understood with people like that, lets even take the less extreme example and just talk about hyper milers not putting any one in danger but just plain going slow and pulling out in front of people and making them all slow down.

If your goal is to consume the least amount of fuel because you care about the world's fuel consumption and the environment (as opposed to only caring about your own personal fuel consumption) didn't you ever stop to think that making a bunch of other large vehicles slow down and then accelerate is burning a net total more fuel than if you had just pulled out on the road and floored it?

That kind of driving will indirectly cause more fuel to be consumed than they will ever save in the life of their vehicle.
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My record MPG to date!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-17-2012 17:14
Jeff wrote: Maximizing fuel economy is a noble pursuit indeed, but knowing human nature, and seeing firsthand the types of risks some "hypermilers" are willing to take on public roads, I just want to make sure normal people know what they're really shooting for before deciding to pull some of the fancier hypermiling tricks [Ö]

[...] I personally try to optimize my fuel economy every chance that I get, but I'm also not going to impose my objectives nor disrupt the daily activities of every other user on the road, just to eke out that last 1mpg. [Ö]
You bring up a critical point; It's important to make clear to those reading these comments that we are talking about responsible hypermiling and NOT hypermiling at ALL Costs.

By that I mean that I give as much attention to my throttle inputs as I do to my rear view mirror, making sure thereís always enough distance between the driver behind me and my car so that he/she wonít notice Iím driving any differently. If they start closing that buffer zone, I accelerate as needed to keep enough distance between us so that my driving remains transparent regardless of the slight FE penalty incurred momentarily (thatís just part of it).

This is why it's hard for me to see me clocking 61 MPG. I feel hypermiling responsibly in my environment can't be pushed any further. Any commute records I break from this point, will be the result of everything falling into place just right during a session.

I also tried to make it clear that a commute rating of 54.6 MPG like the one I posted is the exception for me and not the norm (everything fell into place just right). Hypermiling responsibly in my daily commute yields between 49 and 52 MPG and that's it.

So, the reason Iím extremely excited about these numbers is because they are way higher than the EPA ratings, and precisely because theyíve been achieved without upsetting or affecting anyone on the road negatively which must be of high importance to anyone trying to push the limits of fuel efficiency during everyday driving.

Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My record to date - 55.3 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-18-2012 18:18
I was surprised and excited when I realized on friday as I was approaching home that I was going to break my previous record. It turned out to be 55.3 MPG on my 23.7 mile round-trip commute to work!

As I've said before, this a rare events; I normally get between 49 and 52 MPG on this commute but sometimes timing and driving environment align in such a way that results like this just happen.

NOTE Ė I do not allow my FE driving to impose any additional burden or risks on surrounding drivers at any time.
Call_In
Profile for Call_In
Re: My record to date - 55.3 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-19-2012 18:08
In the spirit of friendly competition, this is my commute home today.

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: My record to date - 55.3 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-20-2012 08:10
Call_In wrote:
In the spirit of friendly competition, this is my commute home today.

Ha ha !
TOV eco-challenge is really heating up !!!!
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My record to date - 57.4 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-21-2012 01:47
Call_In, thanks for the friendly remark.

Well, thanks to your crazy FE score and Danielís ďHa ha! ď teaser, I had to think it should be possible to push forward.

My plan: if I take advantage of every opportunity during my route, maintain a high level of concentration, stay alert for anything to be learned, and search for any ideas that make small contributions, I might be able to close the gap between your 61 MPG score and mine.

I donít know how far this will go for me but today it was encouraging to narrow your lead by 1/3 (from 6.1 to 4 MPG).

Önow, do you think you could skip work for a day or two while I catch my breath? ;)

DISCLAIMER Ė no fellow drivers were abused or neglected during the making of this FE score.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: My record to date - 57.4 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-21-2012 21:30
to be fair, call_in's shouldn't really count because it was a one-way score. It needs to be a round trip to fully account for any elevation gain or loss each way. I averaged >40mpg for over 40 miles in an awd CUV but I went from over 5000ft elevation to under 2000ft over that distance. Trust me, the result was quite a bit worse than that going the opposite direction
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My record to date - 57.8 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-21-2012 21:48
Today I broke my commute record again by a tad (.4 MPG) but since it's still in the 57s I won't bother with a photo upload. Call_In's lead drops slightly from 4 to 3.6 MPG. Luckily for me he hasn't posted anything "new" yet ;)
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My record to date - 57.4 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-21-2012 21:57
Jeff wrote:
to be fair, call_in's shouldn't really count because it was a one-way score. It needs to be a round trip to fully account for any elevation gain or loss each way. I averaged >40mpg for over 40 miles in an awd CUV but I went from over 5000ft elevation to under 2000ft over that distance. Trust me, the result was quite a bit worse than that going the opposite direction
Thanks Jeff, you make an excellent point. I always do better on my way back!!!
Call_In, we need new round-trip photos my friend!
Call_In
Profile for Call_In
Re: My record to date - 57.4 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-22-2012 09:19
I doubt I could do that over a round trip. Although my commute is only 30 miles and I had 34 on the trip odometer, so about 4 of those miles were stop and go town driving running errands at work. My commute is suburban DC, crossing over the potomac so my elevation change would be minimal. If I could get a work shift that allowed me to commute in traffic both ways it would be easier to stay around the speed limit and get good mileage but my shifts right now either start at 5am or end around midnight so I can't drive the speed limit without obstructing traffic. Even 5 over pisses people off on two lane roads.
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-23-2012 00:24
Now weíre talking!!! :)

Call_In, I understand perfectly, so in order to level the playing field somewhat I will also be posting 1-way commute records from now on since my morning drive is painfully bugged-down by stop-and-go traffic (if I manage to continue to improve of course), besides by looking at my score today it is much more in line with yours, agreed?

Daniel, since your back from work commute record is precisely 61 MPG looks like the ECO challenge just got crazy intense!!!
Call_In
Profile for Call_In
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-23-2012 08:17
Yeah, it's getting pretty close. Congrats on the 61.9, especially on an 11 mile commute. The first few miles for me are always awful because the engine is still warming up.
I've been off the last few days so I am excited to try a round trip FE check. I think we still have a ways to go though because daniel says his MID is close to accurate while I know mine is about 3mpg optimistic, so I have been going on he assumption that to beat his number mine needs to show 64 mpg.
With this competition I am constantly trying for FE so I may just get a new highest mileage tank out of it!
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-23-2012 22:37
Call_In wrote:
Yeah, it's getting pretty close. Congrats on the 61.9, especially on an 11 mile commute. [...]
Thanks, my commute does feel short because it ends while the MPG slowly continues to creep up.

[...] I've been off the last few days so I am excited to try a round trip FE check. [...]
Great, Iíll keep trying to break both my round-trip and 1-way commutes.

I think we still have a ways to go though because daniel says his MID is close to accurate while I know mine is about 3mpg optimistic, so I have been going on he assumption that to beat his number mine needs to show 64 mpg. [...]
My trip computer has apparently gotten better with each fill up (3 so far), but my 2nd tank took only 2 gallons and my 3rd was after a 75% hwy trip. My next fill up might help clarify this. I don't want to worry too much about compensating right now; I just like to see these incredibly high numbers which look so close and literally enjoy the ride! :)
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-23-2012 23:29
Hondasrule wrote:
Now weíre talking!!! :)
[...]Daniel, since your back from work commute record is precisely 61 MPG looks like the ECO challenge just got crazy intense!!!
Ha ha, hot indeed.
That said, I hardly never commute to work (less than 3 or 4 times a month), so as fancy as those figures of mine are, they are close to irrelevant to my overall FE record (I go by bus to work most days). My personal record on the CR-Z going to work were 26.4 km/L (62.1mpg) so clearly if you keep working hard like that you'll beat me (and sure hope you do because the Insight should allow you to !!!).

Soon though I'll be switching to all-seasons again, so my FE will improve slightly over my current record after 2 winters !!!
Just have a look at my last Tsuruga-Hitachi FW trip (and this was still with snow tires...):

PS: 21.1km/L in 657km (or 49.6mpg in 408 miles)
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My round-trip commute record to date - 58.6 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-24-2012 00:32
This morning I had a quite favorable commute to work so I decided not to reset and go for the round-trip. It paid off!

Call_In
Profile for Call_In
Re: My round-trip commute record to date - 58.6 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-24-2012 18:22
Alright, so my pride wouldn't let you get away with outdoing me.

This is my roundtrip mileage from yesterday.
Jeff, I understand your comments and agree that round trip totals are better criteria to judge best trip on for the reasons that you stated, but I did look up elevation numbers because I have wondered before on which trip I should get better mileage on.
According to internet sources I live at about 320 feet above sea level and my work site is around 350 ft above sea level. In the middle of my commute I cross the potomac river which is at 250 feet above sea level at that point. The speed limit varies from 45-55-65, each for about a third of the trip.
I think I may be able to beat Daniel's best trip if I had those 37 mph speed limits :) (And considering my vehicle I should be able to.)
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2012 14:03
danielgr wrote:
[...] My personal record on the CR-Z going to work were 26.4 km/L (62.1mpg) so clearly if you keep working hard like that you'll beat me (and sure hope you do because the Insight should allow you to !!!).
I'll keep trying and hopefully my driving environment will also allow it (I think it will somewhat).

[...] Soon though I'll be switching to all-seasons again, so my FE will improve slightly over my current record after 2 winters !!! [...]
Sounds like that might buy me a little time :)

...thanks for replying to my database icon colors question.
Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My round-trip commute record to date - 58.6 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2012 15:23
Call_In wrote:
Alright, so my pride wouldn't let you get away with outdoing me. [...]

Fantastic Call_In, thatís very impressive congratulations!!!

I have to admit itís also a little disheartening because at this point Iím hoping to reach 60MPG on my round-trip, but 62.0 just seems unlikely due to my short commute (as Iíve said, I arrive while the MPG is still climbing).

Iím more optimistic about my one-way numbers (61.9) in part because of Danielís 62.1 record (at least for now) and if Iím not mistaken yours is 61.4 (only of course, until you do another one of your "numbers" which I'm sure is coming soon - see image above :)

My elevation results: work about 136 feet above sea level, home about 46 so we are talking 90 feet difference (I think yours is 70).

Hondasrule
Profile for Hondasrule
Re: My One-Way commute record - 64.3 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2012 00:06
Today everything came together just right again and the result of our team effort was this!

Iíve never wished for heavy-but-flowing traffic as I do now. I never strived for the slowest lane either. And, Iíve never cruised the freeway hoping for 50 MPH or less without obstructing anyone. I have no idea how much longer it takes to get to work or home and it doesn't matter because it seems to happen in an instant.

...I couldnít be happier with this little marvel.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2012 15:31
Now, now... this all sounds fine, but I have gotten very high mpg numbers too for short stretches over my old commute (which was 75 miles ONE WAY on freeways and going over hills).

For example, when I put the new tires, BS Ecopia EP422, I got a one way run at 42.5 mpg. Now, that's doing an average speed of 80 mph, on freeways, on the fast lane, going over hills, etc...

But, for the first 20 miles of the commute, where it was flat, going out of the gas station and getting on the 405 and keeping it at 75mph, I was seeing numbers in the 58 mpg range.

So, as happy as I am for you two, your commutes are simply not that realistic. Short and flat. Huh?

BTW- my new commute is 3.2 miles, dealing with 11 lights and going over two hills. It sucks.
P54
Profile for P54
Re: My record to date - 61.9 MPG!    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2012 15:53
TonyE wrote: "BTW- my new commute is 3.2 miles, dealing with 11 lights and going over two hills. It sucks."

Sounds like the perfect commute....on your feet or on a bicycle. Soon you will find out it does not suck at all. You will be in better shape, you will not need to spend money at a fitness center and you will save money by using the car less. Sounds like a winner to me.

Thread Page - [1] 2 3 4
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0