[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
New footage of the NSX testing on the Nordschleife
More.......................
2016 ILX and 2015 HR-V to debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
New Acura and Honda Products Fuel Surge in September Automobile Sales
2015 CR-V goes on sale tomorrow. Full details released.
All-new Honda Civic Type R: unrivalled against the brand's iconic performance flagship models
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
Civic --> Re: 30.10.2014 ?
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Black Copper Pearl
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Want Was Your First Honda You owned?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Big Year for HondaUK in 2015! Euro CR-V
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Ancient Nav System
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Honda, in wake of 5th Fit recall, appoints first quality czar; Ito takes 20% pay cut
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: More TLX reviews, Edmunds (V6), Motortrend (I4)
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: This dude raced his '14 CR-V on a track.
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Ford's Q3 pretax operating profit falls 54% to $1.18B
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2015 Honda NSX Testing again on the Nürburgring
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord Euro - Axed
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Airbag recall disaster lessons!
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Acura and GaplinAutoSport Sema 2014
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 6-Speed Auto in 2013/14 V6
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: I was told the TLX transmission logic "learns" (new 0-60 times)
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > CR-V > > Re: 32.3 MPG average for 2012 CR-V EXL AWD

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
ntns
Profile for ntns
32.3 MPG average for 2012 CR-V EXL AWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-13-2012 00:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Just came back from round trip to Houston from McKinney, TX
On the way back filled full gas tank, reset trip computer. Total distance one way around 290 miles. First 30 miles stuck in to heavy trafic on I-45. Most of the time with Eco button on. AC off. Average speed 65 mph. 70% on a cruise control. I am impressed with 32.3 MPG . We had 4 passengers in CR-V. Ride is more comfortable and quiet compare to my 2008 accord EXL. A lot more cargo space. Bought my CRV 2 month ago. Made 2164 miles on it and love it more and more.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 32.3 MPG average for 2012 CR-V EXL AWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-13-2012 10:49
That is impressive. My wife commutes on the freeway 30 miles per day, and drives like a grandma, and I know she isn't close to that so far in her 2012.
longhorn
Profile for longhorn
Re: 32.3 MPG average for 2012 CR-V EXL AWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-13-2012 11:05
ntns wrote:
On the way back filled full gas tank, reset trip computer. Total distance one way around 290 miles. First 30 miles stuck in to heavy trafic on I-45. Most of the time with Eco button on. AC off. Average speed 65 mph. 70% on a cruise control. I am impressed with 32.3 MPG . We had 4 passengers in CR-V. Ride is more comfortable and quiet compare to my 2008 accord EXL. A lot more cargo space. Bought my CRV 2 month ago. Made 2164 miles on it and love it more and more.

Do you miss the room of the Accord? I know by the numbers the CRV and Accord are similar,but do they feel similar space wise?
CarGuyLee
Profile for CarGuyLee
Re: 32.3 MPG average for 2012 CR-V EXL AWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-13-2012 12:32
longhorn wrote:
ntns wrote:

Do you miss the room of the Accord? I know by the numbers the CRV and Accord are similar,but do they feel similar space wise?

Go ahead and get the CR-V Longhorn you will like it. I haven't been in the 2012 CR-V, but in someways..mainly rear seat the 2011 seemed to have more legroom than the 08 Accord, but it's not as wide as the Accord.
Mechanic
Profile for Mechanic
Re: 32.3 MPG average for 2012 CR-V EXL AWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-13-2012 12:40
DCR wrote:That is impressive. My wife commutes on the freeway 30 miles per day, and drives like a grandma, and I know she isn't close to that so far in her 2012.

I agree 30+ mpg @ 65 mpg is impressive. I'm going to guess the OP's # is based on the onboard computer, not actually topping off the tank two or more times (which takes real effort, btw), and then cranking out the #s. Still, IME it's not that difficult to average 30+ mpg. In this regard, my wife and I alternate between "my" '09 5-spd Accord EX and "her" 2011 CR-V EX, and I can rack up similar #s regularly, but she can't. She, however, accelerates more than me, and I work at "reading" the flow of traffic. I'm certain she's someone who'd benefit from the 2012 "Eco" button.

To the OP: Well done. My wife chose a CR-V over another sedan, but I find that the more I drive it, I've come to like it a lot. IMHO, it's a lot of "car" for the $, and I understand now why it's such a big seller.

Mechanic
Profile for Mechanic
Re: 32.3 MPG average for 2012 CR-V EXL AWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-13-2012 12:58
longhorn wrote:
. . . Do you miss the room of the Accord? I know by the numbers the CRV and Accord are similar,but do they feel similar space wise?

Pls see my post above. The driver's seat in my '09 Accord EX is a tad more comfortable (and adjustable) than the seat in my wife's 2011 CR-V EX, but in 1/2 hour trips, I really don't notice the difference unless I move directly from one to the other. WRT the room in the CR-V, owing to it's seating configuration, it feels bigger, and I know the ride is, if anything, less jarring, but that I think is mostly a consequence of the difference in the profile of the CR-V's 65 series tires vs. the Accord's 50 series tires.
Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: 32.3 MPG average for 2012 CR-V EXL AWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-13-2012 13:53
Wow that is really good.

On our 2008 CRV we only got to about 28 mpg on long holiday stretches, full car but with proper fuel and with the AC running.
iutodd
Profile for iutodd
Re: 32.3 MPG average for 2012 CR-V EXL AWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-13-2012 14:41
It continues to amaze me what Honda can do with a 10 year old engine and a 5AT.

Fuelly.com has the 2011 CR-V averaging 23.3 MPG. The 2012 CR-V is averaging 26.3 MPG.

The 2011 Civic is averaging 29.8 MPG. The 2012 Civic is averaging 34.4 MPG.

Excited to see what the new Earth Dreams Tech can do.
ntns
Profile for ntns
Re: 32.3 MPG average for 2012 CR-V EXL AWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-13-2012 15:02
My 2008 Accord driver seat is more comfortable. In CRV I had to play with seat to find comfortable position so right knee has mor space.
I can move down CRV seat down maximum as I can, but I love the way you drive SUV, sitting high. CRV has much more technology in it, compare to 2008 exl accord with navi screen.
The more I drive, the more I love it.
And one more thing. If you turn off ECO button, you feel like you turn "afterburner" on. Do not recomend to merge in to freeway with ECO ON
Gumbercules
Profile for Gumbercules
Re: 32.3 MPG average for 2012 CR-V EXL AWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-13-2012 15:27
Mechanic wrote:
I agree 30+ mpg @ 65 mpg is impressive. I'm going to guess the OP's # is based on the onboard computer, not actually topping off the tank two or more times (which takes real effort, btw), and then cranking out the #s. Still, IME it's not that difficult to average 30+ mpg. In this regard, my wife and I alternate between "my" '09 5-spd Accord EX and "her" 2011 CR-V EX, and I can rack up similar #s regularly, but she can't. She, however, accelerates more than me, and I work at "reading" the flow of traffic. I'm certain she's someone who'd benefit from the 2012 "Eco" button.

Thats why Fuelly.com and other websites exist, they can track your mpg for you. Just use any smartphone to submit your odometer and gallons at each fuel up. Its as easy as it gets.

I have an account with them and have learned quite a bit about how my mpg changes through the year.
ntns
Profile for ntns
Re: 32.3 MPG average for 2012 CR-V EXL AWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-13-2012 20:48
Mechanic wrote:
longhorn wrote:
. . . Do you miss the room of the Accord? I know by the numbers the CRV and Accord are similar,but do they feel similar space wise?

Pls see my post above. The driver's seat in my '09 Accord EX is a tad more comfortable (and adjustable) than the seat in my wife's 2011 CR-V EX, but in 1/2 hour trips, I really don't notice the difference unless I move directly from one to the other. WRT the room in the CR-V, owing to it's seating configuration, it feels bigger, and I know the ride is, if anything, less jarring, but that I think is mostly a consequence of the difference in the profile of the CR-V's 65 series tires vs. the Accord's 50 series tires.

Complitely agree with you on seat comparisson and different tires profile.
Colabear
Profile for Colabear
Re: 32.3 MPG average for 2012 CR-V EXL AWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-25-2012 19:32
32.3 is the best I have seen on my 2012 CR-V EXl AWD. I have 6300 miles on mine, and I am averaging 28.2 mpg so far. The 2010 Accord 4 cyl I traded in averaged 28.65 mpg over 2 years. I am very happy with the CR-V's gas mileage. We had snow/slush once this year and the night we had it is probably the only time so far that poswer has been sent to the rear axle.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 32.3 MPG average for 2012 CR-V EXL AWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-27-2012 11:05
Our 2010 CR-V lifetime average was 22.8 and the 2012 is currently at 22. Given the previous lifetime average, I am not expecting anything remotely close to even 25 MPG for our CR-V.
A77
Profile for A77
Re: 32.3 MPG average for 2012 CR-V EXL AWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2012 09:40
Colabear wrote:
32.3 is the best I have seen on my 2012 CR-V EXl AWD. I have 6300 miles on mine, and I am averaging 28.2 mpg so far. The 2010 Accord 4 cyl I traded in averaged 28.65 mpg over 2 years. I am very happy with the CR-V's gas mileage. We had snow/slush once this year and the night we had it is probably the only time so far that poswer has been sent to the rear axle.

2012 CRV always sends some power to the rear wheels at launch. 5% on a flat dry road Honda tells me. More on steeper incline starts of course. Even when the fronts don't slip.
Colabear
Profile for Colabear
Re: 32.3 MPG average for 2012 CR-V EXL AWD    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-07-2012 21:45
The 5%, is that just for starting from a stop?

28.4 mpg average @ 8000 miles. This is my work vehicle...lots of highway miles. I am less than 1/2 mpg away from my 2010 Accord average. Good Vehicle.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0