[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
More.......................
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
This is probably the very first look at the 2016 Pilot. Spied by a TOV member in So Cal.
Commentary: Why are kids and pets still dying in hot cars? It's 2014 already.
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Honda F1 engine progress - drivers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Dealing with phone companies.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 12 reasons why I prefer Manuals
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2015 Hyundai Genesis: C/D and Automobile both like it
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Honda/Acura New Product Plans
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX Production
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: NSX first public test notes.
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Civic HF review
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Acura #2 Least Appealing Luxury Brand
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 2015 Accord
Join Discussion......
Fit (and Jazz) --> Re: One week with the Fit
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX spotted in Bel Air, Maryalnd
Join Discussion......
TLX --> TLX spotted in Bel Air, Maryalnd
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX reviews?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda NSX Coming?
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > NSX > > Re: Acura NSX vs Infiniti Emerg-E

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Acura NSX vs Infiniti Emerg-E    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-08-2012 20:26
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Green SuperCar FaceOff
Our Verdict?

In all honesty, we know so little about either car to really tell which will be more popular with sports car enthusiasts -- and bedroom walls -- across the world.

But we can’t help but think both cars cater to different markets.

The Acura NSX will win fans thanks to its V-6 engine and pedigree, while the Emerg-E will win fans for its low running cost and almost silent acceleration.

At the moment, we honestly can’t decide.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Acura NSX vs Infiniti Emerg-E    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-08-2012 20:34
TSX69 wrote:
Green SuperCar FaceOff
Our Verdict?

In all honesty, we know so little about either car to really tell which will be more popular with sports car enthusiasts -- and bedroom walls -- across the world.

The Acura NSX will win fans thanks to its V-6 engine and pedigree, while the Emerg-E will win fans for its low running cost and almost silent acceleration.

both are hot as hell. Everybody wins. Only thing I don't care for on the Infiniti is the weird scoop ahead of the wheelwell in the quarter panel - the rest of it is very nice.

FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Acura NSX vs Infiniti Emerg-E    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-08-2012 20:38
I just noticed that in the Top Gear web site on the Geneva page;

1 mention of the Inifiniti

0 mention of the NSX

(I searched and used the find function on the browser, if there is any mention it is not easy to find).

What the hell

Honda loses again. sigh

Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: Acura NSX vs Infiniti Emerg-E    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-08-2012 21:09
Jeff wrote:
TSX69 wrote:
Green SuperCar FaceOff
Our Verdict?

both are hot as hell. Everybody wins. Only thing I don't care for on the Infiniti is the weird scoop ahead of the wheelwell in the quarter panel - the rest of it is very nice.

I think the edge goes to NSX as the cleaner design, but yes the emerge has promise, but typical of Infiniti they will find a way to screw up the final product by going overboard.
auto_enthu
Profile for auto_enthu
Re: Acura NSX vs Infiniti Emerg-E    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-08-2012 21:37

Without a doubt NSX is a clean flawless design.

Infiniti's side profile is not clean and not sure if it is just me but the front looks a bit ugly.

Jesse
Profile for Jesse
Re: Acura NSX vs Infiniti Emerg-E    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-08-2012 22:51
NSX vs. Emerg-E

The NSX wins hands-down for me. The Emerg-E doesn't look like an exoticar IMO. I absolutely love flowing/curvy lines but there's too much of it in the Infiniti - it's overstyled. They should've offset the organic look by adding mechanical/industrial lines to it. Just my 2 cents.
Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: Acura NSX vs Infiniti Emerg-E    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-09-2012 01:56
the Infiniti has a more unique super car specialness while the NSX is more of a typical MR been there done that look... i.e. NSX original in 91 and the Audi R8 copy.

However, I chose the NSX for its JDM sexy clean TIMELESS look.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Acura NSX vs Infiniti Emerg-E    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-09-2012 11:59
Powered by Honda wrote:
the Infiniti has a more unique super car specialness while the NSX is more of a typical MR been there done that look... i.e. NSX original in 91 and the Audi R8 copy.

However, I chose the NSX for its JDM sexy clean TIMELESS look.

I agree; Acura Electric Six all the way.

The Infiniti looks dated as one stares at it & develops a headache.
Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: Acura NSX vs Infiniti Emerg-E    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-09-2012 19:20
side note:

Audi Teases the all new R8!!!

Just from the profile you can tell it looks exactly the same. I assume just a headlight LED dramatic change and call it all new.

Think E-tron 2 sharp blades LEDs

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/09/audi-teases-new-r8-while-celebrating-5-years-of-current-car/
bigblue
Profile for bigblue
Re: Acura NSX vs Infiniti Emerg-E    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-10-2012 12:24
NSX for me please. Looks sharper, crisper, tauter. Infiniti is OK, but not as good to me. Prefer the NSX to the R8 too (admittedly the NSX is a concept and the R8 is in production).
revvin
Profile for revvin
Re: Acura NSX vs Infiniti Emerg-E    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-11-2012 20:58
age well the emerg-e will not. bit tall for a supercar, no?

i do like infiniti's concept of surfacing, when toned down of course.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Acura NSX vs Infiniti Emerg-E    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-11-2012 21:01
I've never found the R8 to be particularly appealing, it's general appearance and detailing too TT for my liking, even though I can appreciate it's integrated, cohesive styling.

As for NSX v2, I would think the angularity of its styling elements owe more to Lamborghini than Audi. Not that I'm completely happy with the NSX v2's detail styling, still some work to do there [which I'm happy to read is ongoing as I write]. Am I the only one who thinks the "flying buttress" idea, while a good one, isn't obvious enough as a styling element yet?

Like Nick, I find the Emerg-E's styling "overwrought" even though the rear is a better effort than the NSX v2. Will Nissan ever build it? Can't do worse than Honda, can they :)