[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2016 ILX and 2015 HR-V to debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
More.......................
New Acura and Honda Products Fuel Surge in September Automobile Sales
2015 CR-V goes on sale tomorrow. Full details released.
All-new Honda Civic Type R: unrivalled against the brand's iconic performance flagship models
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
General Talk --> Re: Want Was Your First Honda You owned?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Ford's Q3 pretax operating profit falls 54% to $1.18B
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: More TLX reviews, Edmunds (V6), Motortrend (I4)
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Ancient Nav System
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Airbag recall disaster lessons!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2015 Honda NSX Testing again on the NŁrburgring
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Black Copper Pearl
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: I was told the TLX transmission logic "learns" (new 0-60 times)
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Honda, in wake of 5th Fit recall, appoints first quality czar; Ito takes 20% pay cut
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: This dude raced his '14 CR-V on a track.
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Acura and GaplinAutoSport Sema 2014
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Big Year for HondaUK in 2015! Euro CR-V
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX Launch Package
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 6-Speed Auto in 2013/14 V6
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord Euro - Axed
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Honda files NSX Spider design sketches with European Patent Office > > Re: Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

NealX
Profile for NealX
Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-02-2012 15:42
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Here's a thought: What if the registering of the spyder design is simply to protect the "intellectual content" of the movie car concept design, rather than telegraphing/intimating that a variation of the standard NSX is to be built? Notice that the door cuts are not the same between the hardtop and spyder.

I'd hate to dash any hopes, but could this be a case of staking claim to a design to protect it, without ever having the intention of producing it?!

Last edited by NealX on 03-02-2012 15:44
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-03-2012 00:09
It is possible for a build, but if so, the timing of the movie debut and release date are way off.

The minds collected may think that this will build a fire of anticipation for the car, but I don't know who has a 3-4 year attention span these days.
Danail K.
Profile for Danail K.
Re: Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-03-2012 01:03
Yes, itís possible, the purpose of European Patent Office is to protect the intellectual property and the design is exactly that. But itís a good indication of possible production version. Sorry Iím a French speaking and my English is very bad.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-03-2012 05:59
Neal wrote:
Here's a thought: What if the registering of the spyder design is simply to protect the "intellectual content" of the movie car concept design, rather than telegraphing/intimating that a variation of the standard NSX is to be built? Notice that the door cuts are not the same between the hardtop and spyder.

I'd hate to dash any hopes, but could this be a case of staking claim to a design to protect it, without ever having the intention of producing it?!

Of course it is; can you imagine the furore if they didn't & Geely or someone produced one as a rip-off?
Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-03-2012 14:35
Neal wrote:

I'm thinking the same thing. The NSX concept was a ground-up design. Meanwhile the Avengers car is an old NSX with a re-skin. (Hence the regular old doors, as you mention.) There is no way they would run with a re-skinned 20 year old car as their basis for a 2015 production model. I think they're just protecting the rights to the movie car, here.

(Nor do I think they'd go with that engine cover, which I still can't figure out what it's supposed to be. Something Avengers-y, I guess.)
Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-03-2012 14:40
DCR wrote:
It is possible for a build, but if so, the timing of the movie debut and release date are way off.

The minds collected may think that this will build a fire of anticipation for the car, but I don't know who has a 3-4 year attention span these days.

Seemed to work well for the FT-86/GT-86/BRZ/FR-S. It's been on the cover of every magazine lately, and every author says the same thing - "I've waited years to drive this car!"

With the extreme reaction to the NSX concept upon its reveal - and the fact that its now taking the magazine covers and editorials - I think the anticipation will only grow.
VTECRacer
Profile for VTECRacer
Re: Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-03-2012 15:50
Potenza wrote:
DCR wrote:

Seemed to work well for the FT-86/GT-86/BRZ/FR-S. It's been on the cover of every magazine lately, and every author says the same thing - "I've waited years to drive this car!"

With the extreme reaction to the NSX concept upon its reveal - and the fact that its now taking the magazine covers and editorials - I think the anticipation will only grow.

Seemed to also be okay for the Lexus LFA which debuted in 2005 but didn't have its first delivery until 2011. The car was due for a FMC before it even came out.
DevilMayCry
Profile for DevilMayCry
Re: Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-03-2012 17:07
VTECRacer wrote:
Potenza wrote:
DCR wrote:

Seemed to also be okay for the Lexus LFA which debuted in 2005 but didn't have its first delivery until 2011. The car was due for a FMC before it even came out.

Come on now, lol! You guys should know DCR better than that!

DCR: "Honda/Acura is doomed already! There's no hope for the future in H/A!"
VTECRacer
Profile for VTECRacer
Re: Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-04-2012 17:55
Oh we know him alright. It's just fun to add a tiny bit of logic to a conversation and see how quickly he runs away :)
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-05-2012 06:09
Potenza wrote:
DCR wrote:

Funny how the hacks are so mealy-mouthed, they're only now admitting to 8 6 is fun to drive & suddenly bemaoning the detachedness of most other modern rubbish! I shall judge the 8 6 for myself...

O/T; the difference is, Toyota has marketed the hiatus brilliantly. They've been prick-teasing like a particularly malevolent teenager for years. To the point where I was irritated by it all. Honda doesn't appear to have that marketing skill - perhaps thankfully.

If Hachiroku is good enough, I'll go for the Subaru version, most likely!
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-05-2012 11:29
VTECRacer wrote:
Oh we know him alright. It's just fun to add a tiny bit of logic to a conversation and see how quickly he runs away :)

Run from who? You clowns?

Please.

The BRZ and LFA campaigns worked because they were designed to work. They had a plan, and marketed that plan. Honda has the worst marketing on the planet, and a simple look back at the on/off/on/off/on/off bullshit they keep pulling with the car is proof enough.

Putting the NSX nameplate on something and calling it good isn't going to fly, and all we can do is hope that Honda doesn't mail this one in. If it can't run with the GT-R and R8, among others in the $100k club, there is no point in building this car.
VTECRacer
Profile for VTECRacer
Re: Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-05-2012 14:18
DCR wrote:
VTECRacer wrote:

Run from who? You clowns?

Please.

The BRZ and LFA campaigns worked because they were designed to work. They had a plan, and marketed that plan. Honda has the worst marketing on the planet, and a simple look back at the on/off/on/off/on/off bullshit they keep pulling with the car is proof enough.

Putting the NSX nameplate on something and calling it good isn't going to fly, and all we can do is hope that Honda doesn't mail this one in. If it can't run with the GT-R and R8, among others in the $100k club, there is no point in building this car.

Sooo.... Wait a minute.... The campaigns worked because they were designed to work? GENIUS! Toyota should get a Nobel Peace Prize for figuring out that if you design a campaign to advertise a car, it should work! Why hasn't anyone else thought of this? UGH! Acura is so stupid for creating a commercial for the NSX one month after its world debut, which also happened to be one of the most popular commercials during the most watched Super Bowl in history. Why can't they build a campaign to work like Toyota can which didn't involve a single commercial but just dragging the car around from car show to car show???

Someone also needs to call up Porsche, Maserati, Mercedes, etc... and let them know that if their sports cars that are in the $100k+ arena do not outperform a GTR, they need to stop building it! Immediately! Nobody is buying them!
DevilMayCry
Profile for DevilMayCry
Re: Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-05-2012 15:52
The way I see it? If one morning you wake up, and your wife/husband tells you he/she don't wanna be with you anymore, you say 'ok,' and move on with your life, with another!

No need to be insecure, and scorned by going around telling everyone how bad he/she was in bed, and you didn't wanna be with that person anyway! How he's/she's life will amount to nothing and won't be as good as before(when y'all were together)

You never know, you might enjoy the other better than the one that didn't want you ; -/...
VTECRacer
Profile for VTECRacer
Re: Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-05-2012 16:10
DevilMayCry wrote:
The way I see it? If one morning you wake up, and your wife/husband tells you he/she don't wanna be with you anymore, you say 'ok,' and move on with your life, with another!

No need to be insecure, and scorned by going around telling everyone how bad he/she was in bed, and you didn't wanna be with that person anyway! How he's/she's life will amount to nothing and won't be as good as before(when y'all were together)

You never know, you might enjoy the other better than the one that didn't want you ; -/...

I totally get it! In this case, DCR's husband left her and she secretly wants him back but she is masking her lust with anger. Totally makes sense now :D It's time for DCR to go out and meet some new guys. It's like that one girl who just got dumped and her friends are SICK & TIRED of hearing her whine and complain about her ex and their past relationship (even though she was the one that got dumped) while the ex was over it from day one and is currently dating a Brazilian supermodel lol.
TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-05-2012 22:00
VTECRacer wrote:
DevilMayCry wrote:

I totally get it! In this case, DCR's husband left her and she secretly wants him back but she is masking her lust with anger. Totally makes sense now :D It's time for DCR to go out and meet some new guys. It's like that one girl who just got dumped and her friends are SICK & TIRED of hearing her whine and complain about her ex and their past relationship (even though she was the one that got dumped) while the ex was over it from day one and is currently dating a Brazilian supermodel lol.

How childish...on many levels. Having doubts on Honda/Acura to turn things around is hardly novel or unwarranted...
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-05-2012 22:18
Some very active imaginations...
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: Simply Registering "Intellectual Capital" ? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-06-2012 07:56
Neal wrote:

Makes MUCH more sense.............

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0