[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
New footage of the NSX testing on the Nordschleife
More.......................
2016 ILX and 2015 HR-V to debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
New Acura and Honda Products Fuel Surge in September Automobile Sales
2015 CR-V goes on sale tomorrow. Full details released.
All-new Honda Civic Type R: unrivalled against the brand's iconic performance flagship models
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
RLX --> Re: 2016 RLX MMC?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: New Honda Grace Hybrid to be launched in Japan
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: MT COTY Contender: Honda Fit
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rolled's dream car
Join Discussion......
Accord CrossTour --> Re: its been a year...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: New Civic Type R Promo
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Official TLX I4 0 - 60 test
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX V6 SH-AWD vs Volvo S60 T6
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Future of sports cars
Join Discussion......
Fit (and Jazz) --> Re: Honda Grace (JDM City hybrid) website is up
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: Brazil's HR-V unveiled with R18+CVT (likely same as NA)
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: R&T Article on the Current State of F1
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: SUV for Rough urban roads?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2014 United States Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Is All New Legend an RLX?
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > MDX > > Re: Honda to Make Acura MDX @ Lincoln Plant

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Honda to Make Acura MDX @ Lincoln Plant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2011 08:00
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Honda to Make Acura MDX @ Lincoln Plant
By 2013, Lincoln's Honda plant is scheduled to start making the Acura MDX luxury sport utility vehicle.

Honda Manufacturing spokesman Mark Morrison said the vehicle will be added to Odyssey minivan, Pilot SUV and Ridgeline pickup truck. Plant employment will remain at 4,000.

Shifting Acura MDX production to Lincoln will allow the Canada plant, where it is currently made, to make the Honda CR-V SUV.

Read more: Honda to make Acura MDX at Lincoln plant | Birmingham Business Journal
jgalvan
Profile for jgalvan
Re: Honda to Make Acura MDX @ Lincoln Plant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2011 11:44
Translation: When the Ridgeline dies we'll have extra production space. When is the MDX due for a FMC?
Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: Honda to Make Acura MDX @ Lincoln Plant    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2011 13:52
jgalvan wrote:
Translation: When the Ridgeline dies we'll have extra production space. When is the MDX due for a FMC?

This will also indicate the demise of the ZDX.
M Type X
Profile for M Type X
Re: Honda to Make Acura MDX @ Lincoln Plant    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2011 11:26
I'm a bit confused. The Ridgeline and ZDX are dying? Is ALL MDX production moving to Alabama from Ontario?
PGH
Profile for PGH
Re: Honda to Make Acura MDX @ Lincoln Plant    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2011 12:42
I guess this means the new MDX will start it's life in Lincoln. I hope the precision crafted buld quality will continue because the last two Odysseys I purchased from Alabama (05,07)had very poor build quality and paint issues. Perhaps I had bad luck.
Mr. Taggart
Profile for Mr. Taggart
Re: Honda to Make Acura MDX @ Lincoln Plant    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2011 13:39
PGH wrote:
I guess this means the new MDX will start it's life in Lincoln. I hope the precision crafted buld quality will continue because the last two Odysseys I purchased from Alabama (05,07)had very poor build quality and paint issues. Perhaps I had bad luck.

You know how Detroit used to have issues with Monday buids and Friday builds due to being hung over from the weekend and the weekend drinking starting early?

You must of gotten gameday vehicles from the plant. Roll Tide!
PGH
Profile for PGH
Re: Honda to Make Acura MDX @ Lincoln Plant    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2011 18:37
Mr. Taggart wrote:
PGH wrote:

I must have. My 05 had defective paint. The whole van had to be taken down to metal and repainted. It was a total nightmare. I wasn't very smart and should have left it alone because I got rid of it in 07.

You know how Detroit used to have issues with Monday buids and Friday builds due to being hung over from the weekend and the weekend drinking starting early?

You must of gotten gameday vehicles from the plant. Roll Tide!

superchg
Profile for superchg
Re: Honda to Make Acura MDX @ Lincoln Plant    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2011 18:51
Mikeydred wrote:

This will also indicate the demise of the ZDX.

I still have not seen one of these babies on the street.
I saw one at an Acura dealer once.
:)

wesleyclark
Profile for wesleyclark
Re: Honda to Make Acura MDX @ Lincoln Plant    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2011 19:24
I saw one a few months back in downtown Houston, parked near the Houston Pavilions. Black.

Was stickered to be a local Acura dealer's Loaner Car.
snickers_60177
Profile for snickers_60177
Re: Honda to Make Acura MDX @ Lincoln Plant    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2011 22:33
Superchg,

Do you ever make it down to the Plaza? I know you live in KC... I live right off the Plaza and have seen AT LEAST 4 different ones. Two of them I regularly see in midtown and downtown. It kinda surprises me how often I see ZDXs considering how they're selling...
superchg
Profile for superchg
Re: Honda to Make Acura MDX @ Lincoln Plant    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-13-2011 23:27
snickers_60177 wrote:
Superchg,

Do you ever make it down to the Plaza? I know you live in KC... I live right off the Plaza and have seen AT LEAST 4 different ones. Two of them I regularly see in midtown and downtown. It kinda surprises me how often I see ZDXs considering how they're selling...

Hey Snickers,
My dentist is down there, on Wyandotte. I live in Lenexa.
I just have not seen many (any) of those rascals around town.

Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: Honda to Make Acura MDX @ Lincoln Plant    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-14-2011 13:55
I was in NY this past weekend and I seen about 10. Thats about a half a year worth in Boston.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0